Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Antifreeze hurts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Antifreeze hurts.

So today, I got home from the mechanic checking my car out. Said I had a hose leak(Leaking antifreeze) went up stairs for like 5 or 10 mintues came back down. And was going to pull some codes with my computer.

I asked my friend if he wanted me to turn the engine on and he said yea(really wish I did). And so for some reason I didnt turn it on. Popped the hood and walked over to the front of the car.

Without thinking turned the antifreeze cap on the radiator to see my level.......................................... ..

All I remember seeing is like green shit fly out. lol to be honest I don't even know if the cap hit me in the head or not. But the next thing I remember was being on the ground with hot shit on my face and in my left eye.

So I jolted upstairs and washed it out. Got a little in my mouth but not to much so im not concerned about that.

Now I have a first degree burn on my head and im sitting next to the ac with about an inch of aloe vera on my forehead lol.

Anyone ever done this?

My dad says im officially a mechanic; "You're a honda tech now...." chuckle chuckle.
    Last edited by Reignstarz; 05-18-2009, 06:24 PM.

It's gotten on my hand before, but never my face.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs92ex View Post
      It's gotten on my hand before, but never my face.

Oh yeah I got some on my right hand to.

Im just glad I didnt lose my vision or anything..

Comment

If it starts to burn or if your vision starts to blur, see a doc immediately.

1999 BMW M3
        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Hmm, lesson learned the hard way I guess. There are easy ways to avoid this though lol.

Comment

it happened to me too

but i had a continous leak, apparently that time the cooling system decided to build up pressure and the bitch shoot out about 6 feet, i got some in my shirt and hand
            Originally posted by deevergote
            Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

lol. that sucks.

that's why they have a LITTLE sticker on there saying warning don't open when hot. lol..

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
              1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
              1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
              2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Originally posted by Hitler
                sticker dont matter
                is your Name and everything a Joke

-->751 whp @ 27psi <--...Midnight Tuning <----

Comment

Yeah the sticker is like in 5 languages lol. I knew not to open it. Just one of those things.

Now I got a harry potter scar on my forehead to remind me lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Reignstarz View Post
                    Yeah the sticker is like in 5 languages lol. I knew not to open it. Just one of those things.

Now I got a harry potter scar on my forehead to remind me lol.
                    Post pics so we can all laugh about your misfortune lol.

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB View Post
                      Post pics so we can all laugh about your misfortune lol.
                      LOL i so would but it happened awhile ago and I dont have nearly as much aloe on my forehead anymore lol.

Comment

I shake my fist at you then. haha

Comment

I did it while driving my 86 hatchback home... the second time. Acclude91 and I had just replaced the thermostat housing, and things were supposed to be good... but the heat kept rising. So I parked at a rest stop, gave it some time...

but not enough time. I got shot in the face like a bukkake queen! Hot enough to scare me. Not hot enough to do any serious burning, thankfully.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                            I got shot in the face like a bukkake queen!
                            Is it bad that I know what your talking about? LMAO

Comment

Is it bad that I know that's gonna be someone's sig?

Comment

Working...
                              X