Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

what mods are legal and illegal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah your right everything is illegal in cali lived in San Diego for 18 years and when I first got my cb I got stopped for loud music and that
    Was a 280 dollar tik also the lowering has its disses here they'll pull people for that and measure the height
    I believe the legal height in cali is 23" from the center of the light to the ground. Now I live riverside county so what ups with a meet
    from this

Comment

Originally posted by my 9t9d View Post
      Yeah your right everything is illegal in cali lived in San Diego for 18 years and when I first got my cb I got stopped for loud music and that
      Was a 280 dollar tik also the lowering has its disses here they'll pull people for that and measure the height
      I believe the legal height in cali is 23" from the center of the light to the ground. Now I live riverside county so what ups with a meet
      doesn't so-cal have different regulations on cars than nor-cal, it seems that up here in nor-cal is were it is the strictest.

Originally posted by visualpoet
      some owners think it's the best thing since titties

Comment

State laws are state laws. Some towns or counties may have different laws, but generally, all automotive laws are governed by the state.

Comment

Originally posted by Juan4DCB7 View Post
          doesn't so-cal have different regulations on cars than nor-cal, it seems that up here in nor-cal is were it is the strictest.
          The main thing is that population centers require Smog2 checks, where they put the car on a rolling dyno and load test it. Less populated areas only require the two speed test (idle and 2500 RPM).

There are sound ordinances that can be different, but most follow the State regulations. If you want to look them up, just check Vehicle, Streets & Highways, and Health & safety on THIS site and then put in a few keywords you want to look for, like "tint" or "muffler volume". It's best to use formal names for things, and think how a lawyer would phrase things.
          1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

Originally posted by benji View Post
            The main thing is that population centers require Smog2 checks, where they put the car on a rolling dyno and load test it. Less populated areas only require the two speed test (idle and 2500 RPM).

There are sound ordinances that can be different, but most follow the State regulations. If you want to look them up, just check Vehicle, Streets & Highways, and Health & safety on THIS site and then put in a few keywords you want to look for, like "tint" or "muffler volume". It's best to use formal names for things, and think how a lawyer would phrase things.
            cool man thanks

Comment

CARB items are legal go for DC headrts a AEM intake stuff like that is legal or just go ebay
              Nerotenzo@aol.com

Facebook me

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/Nerotenzo

Comment

are aftermarket headers illehal or is it just illegal to have longtube headers on muscle cars or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Juan4DCB7 View Post
                  are aftermarket headers illehal or is it just illegal to have longtube headers on muscle cars or whatever.
                  It isn't inherently illegal, no. There are several aftermarket header set ups that are CARB legal. The most popular one seems to be the one made by DC Sports.
                  1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

Its against federal law to put HID converisons in headlights not made for HIDs. Even if they are aimed properly.

http://www.sema.org/sema-enews/2007/...onversion-kits

Comment

Working...
                    X