Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Why doesn't anyone rock chrome???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why doesn't anyone rock chrome???

I've been a member on this site for a couple of months, and I haven't seen any other cars with crome wheels. I know that the "jdm" look is all the craze and I love the look my self just not for my car. I was reading a thread earlier by a guy(can't remeber his name) that just put 16x8, 0 offset wheels on his car because he said he wanted to do something different. I applaud that. Right now, I am in the process of tucking 20's. I KNOW that all won't like it but........ Sorry for rambling but I just want to basically know what is with the monotony among cb7tuners?????

^^^^CLICK IT^^^^^

Tucking and Chrome you say? Check out CustomLowz

Comment

I'd rock the hell out of either of these CB's with chrome wheels:

CleanJDM:

TypeG:

1999 BMW M3
      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

For me personally I dont like the look of chrome on our cars.....Not saying it cant look good....but it needs a few supporting mods imo

Another reason would be chrome rims are generally pretty heavy

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

chrome isn't heavy, it's the wheels themselves. lol.

mine weight 15lbs a piece.

anyway, most people don't rock chrome because they hate it. spray paint is where it's at, LMAO. later.
          Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Not really chrome, but hella sexy.

Comment

I had chrome rims in my 1st car i liked the look But its not a racing look, You can see it in my Cb7 progress thread.

92 Accord Cb7 ^^
              My Ride Thread~~Click Below.
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176232

Comment

id rock chrome if i cud afford rims lol, but i like type gs set up it was close to the image i hade of mine when i got it back
                can't please everybody.

I don't want to hear it. I want fogs!

MRT
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=129461

Comment

Cause polished is in?

Maybe like 10 years ago it was the main hot thing.

Comment

I'm not knocking TypeG's car at all, it's amazing. But, it's not fair to put his car in ANY class. He could have some dull ass steelies and he's polish the shit out of em and make em look chrome.

God his car is beautiful, by the way

Comment

Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post
                      I'm not knocking TypeG's car at all, it's amazing. But, it's not fair to put his car in ANY class. He could have some dull ass steelies and he's polish the shit out of em and make em look chrome.

God his car is beautiful, by the way
                      One of the few to look good on EX's:

1999 BMW M3
                      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

I have chrome 5th gen V6 wheels, check out my MR. I got bored with them and got a set of Sawblades tho.
                        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

To look right, chrome wheels have to be part of an overall design. I don't feel that you can just put chrome wheels, especially big ones, on a car that doesn't flow with the look (customlowz had a look that went well with that)

Plus, chrome HAS to be clean, on a clean car... nothing looks worse than dirty chrome wheels on a dirty, beat up car.

Chrome is good on show cars. Chrome has always been regarded as more show than go... and these days, go is what's in.

Still, I totally support the idea of being different. There are quite a few cars on here that are the exact opposite of what I would choose to do, but the owners made an impressive statement, and a coherent design... and I LOVE what they did (doughboy's spongebob theme... I'd never in a million years want that on my car... but I love it on his!)

Comment

my sisters

mine

Comment

^two examples of cars done differently than I would... but cars that I love nonetheless! (just as nice in person, too!)

Comment

Working...
                              X