Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

got into an accident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got into an accident

Hey guys, my 93 Honda Accord LX Sedan got into an accident. So I was on the CA-134W freeway and I was exiting. And suddenly I hear a huge tire screeching noise and couple seconds later a white toyota tacoma rams into the rear of my driver's side door. Body work will be needed. But also the paint on my wheels got stripped off and looks as if I have a nasty curb rash. The guy was nice enough to say that "Don't call the police or insurance company and I'll take care of it. My friend's own body shop's and if you want I will pay for the damages and fix it for you". So I'll be getting a whole new replacement of my car. And while I am at it, I guess I'll just ask my dad to pay a little bit more money and take out the dents and dings on the rest of the body and repaint it. My mom is really shaken up by the accident though. She was picking me up from school and we were heading to the market. and BAM! accident *sigh* my poor little Honda got a boo-boo. I'll post pics of it once I can find out how to get my pictures from my cell phone into my MICRO SD card. It doesn't want to copy to my SD card, keeps saying it failed to move there. BULLSHIT! I need a new phone too..

EDIT:

Last edited by JDM_H22_SLEEPER; 03-26-2009, 01:54 AM.

new $10 purple/yellow tint fog lights

H22a Sleeper:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=124470

i got into an accident yesterday also but i was driving my pickup truck and i hit a parked car instead. it's really shitty because both air bags deployed.

I don't know man that's kinda shady that dood asked you not to call the police. My mom always lectured me that even the smallest tap involving two cars, call the police.

make sure to get all of that dood's info because we'd hate for that guy to pull a fast on you where he refuses to pay later because he had a change of heart

Comment

x2 the guy that did this to my old '92 begged me not to call the cops..yeah right i was on the phone with the police before i had even got out of the car to look at the damage..people like that are shady and probably hiding something..i hope you got a copy of his license..
      Originally posted by chessboxer
      We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
      Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

x2 ALWAYS call the police.

if you don't, no matter how many shops he or his friends might own, you're an idiot.

Comment

Not calling the police is like saying that it never happened. You my not have to file a claim with your insurance, but you have to file a report that it happened.

Good luck with getting it all worked out though.

Comment

Update!

So I filed a claim with my insurance yesterday. It was clearly stated to being the other guy's fault. My dad and I took the car to the body shop today to get repairs. I didn't know we had to contact police because it was the first time me or my mom got into an accident. So I tried to get some more stuff fixed on my car SINCE we are getting that damage fixed. But it was gonna cost me $1200 to get the other dents, and the sun visor, and driver's side window fixed. Then another $2000 if we were to repaint the whole car....Seems pretty pricey to me, what do you guys think?

So we're getting fixed whatever we can get covered by insurance for now. And I'm currently looking around for places that can give me a better price on repainting and fixing some minor dents.

Haha you guys are right! Good thing I filed the claim soon, the guy that hit us called me up like an hour and a half ago and said "I have a body shop guy I know ready to see the damage, and from there we'll see if I'm guilty or if you're guilty" and I said "that night you said it yourself "I almost missed my exit and I was going too fast and i hit you so I'm guilty" and he said "I'll report to my insurance company" so then I get a call from his insurance agent like 10 minutes later and the agent asks me "one of our insurers tells us he got into an accident and did you file a claim already? Our insurer thought we were gonna take care of it without filing a claim, but you filed it already so the claim can't be stopped, so its done and over with. Our insurer is not too good with speaking English so he didn't understand what you said." .........I drew the directions of how the damage was that night and I mean obviously its his fault because, How fast was he going that when he hit us our back door doesn't open? its damaged but also the door doesn't open unless you open it with force...*sigh* Almost everything is getting fixed I'll post up again with new pictures of the finished job. (:

H22a Sleeper:

Comment

good luck, but never take any stranger's word they'll give you something or do something for you, that's how you get scammed and screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
                good luck, but never take any stranger's word they'll give you something or do something for you, that's how you get scammed and screwed.
                Fo sho. I hear ya. That's why I just filed a claim through my insurance. He can't do shit! He wants to hire an attorney? Fuck he's just wasting his time then. If he hit me on my right side then it would be 50/50 because there's a on-ramp to the right near the exit and it merges into one lane, but he came from the left side and he tried to stop cuz he was going fast and he braked and skidded too much and BAM! hit us on the left side.

H22a Sleeper:

Comment

Working...
                X