Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F22 Turbo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22 Turbo?

Hey guys, I have some friends that are into integs and what not. There B18 turbo masters. Anyway they say I can't turbo my F cause it will run too lean. Even if I throw oversize injectors in it will still lean out at boost.
    What can I do?

I've read some posts but there is really no description on what was done to solve this issue or I'm just missing it.

I only ask cause I just heared from a friend that he has a Garret turbo that he doesn't want. Thats cheap enough for me. It's just the turbo so I'll have to build a manifold, which is no biggie.

Currently: (F22A6)

All advice is appreatiated

GOT F?

yeah... maby a p06 and some tuning.

Comment

You and your friends are Canadian, therefore any advice given to you from them should be thrown out the window as they know nothing.

Your motor will only run lean if nothing is done to add fuel. Search for obd1 honda tuning options in Google and you'll find tons of answers.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
        You and your friends are Canadian, therefore any advice given to you from them should be thrown out the window as they know nothing.

LMAO!!!! Go with a Walboro 255lp Fuel pump and the bigger injectors. You will also need to get a tune on a po6. Easier route I believe. Do some research for sure. Don't just jump right ionto boosting it without the proper knowledge.

Read up on Boost Lees thread. You will see that it takes alot of work and it isn't just slappin a turbo on and launching at every light you come up to man.

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
        PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

Originally posted by JDM_CB7_TX View Post
          it isn't just slappin a turbo on and launching at every light you come up to man.
          there goes my whole theory

Comment

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ mine too

I like the "suck me slowly" part. Thats my favorite.

Comment

Word??? Did I just say something that made sence. I knew I would learn something from Being on this site.

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
              PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

Have a look around here, there's alot of useful info in the threads below
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=62
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=17090

In a way your mates are right, If you just slap on a turbo and drive off, then yes it will run lean and blow.
                Mind you so will their engines if they did that.

By all means slap on a turbo - But only once you have researched everything.
                If you look at alot of the boosted people here you will see they (inc me) spent 6 months or more researching and parts searching before they fully commited themselves to the project.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Your friends are hardly "masters". It sounds to me that they use a very old method of richening the mixture under boost (such as a rising rate fuel pressure regulator)

You can boost your F22A... if you look around this site for about 2 minutes, you'll find dozens of members that have done just that. There is an entire section of this website dedicated to turbo. The F22A is probably the BEST turbo option for the CB7, as other motors are more expensive, and in the case of the H22, not as practical (high compression).

Read through the Forced Induction section. Read through the Members Rides threads of other turbo members. Learn a bit.

Also, any turbo used on a B18 is very likely to be too small for your F22A. That it is a Garret doesn't mean it's the right size.

Comment

man if u think ur friends are masters u need not turbo.. if they knew anything about turboing a engien that will be reliable its all in the tuneing u have to have ur ecu tuned to run with boost if not ........BOOM! and there b18s would do the same thing.

i have a stock f22a6 that has been boosted for over a year and still runs fine.... just look around do some research and wait atleast till u understand everything about turboing ur car...
                    go to a book store and buy some books on turbos and how to turbo ur engien or do alot of research on the internet befor u even buy one turbo part

93 EX COUPE, F22A6 turbo project
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...45#post1615845
                    96 lexus sc300 DD
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=143563

back from basic.... off to ait.... CB still being worked on i have mad plans for it .. sorry cant tell its on the hush hush for now but all i can say in somewhere around 500 hp soon to come..

Comment

Maximum Boost by Corky Bell is a GREAT place to start.

Your friends are not masters. Read up a little, and you'll be well ahead of them

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                        Maximum Boost by Corky Bell is a GREAT place to start.

Your friends are not masters. Read up a little, and you'll be well ahead of them
                        thankx deev i forgot the name of the book

93 EX COUPE, F22A6 turbo project
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...45#post1615845
                        96 lexus sc300 DD
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=143563

back from basic.... off to ait.... CB still being worked on i have mad plans for it .. sorry cant tell its on the hush hush for now but all i can say in somewhere around 500 hp soon to come..

Comment

it's all in the tuning...the components are just aid.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                          X