Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Was in car accident tonight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JunyAccord View Post
    find a honda and swap the f22 in there. Same heart, different machine.
    I cant even find a shell anywhere.
    or else i would.
    put my 5 speed tranny and motor in there.
    But still.
    to me its not the same
    And of course my luck i wont get something i like alot.
    Like another CB.

Comment

just keep searching. or head to the jy and find one there.

Comment

What side is it messed up?

Also get pics.

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE View Post
          What side is it messed up?

Also get pics.
          yeah. it doesn't sound like it's too bad if it's just a dent in the fender and a windshield.

Comment

I think you should keep it if it's not totaled. But it's whatever you feel is right. Mine has been through a few minor wrecks that it picked back up from pretty well but it looks like you know what you're doing so I won't question your decisions

oh and i'm glad you're ok and with a new mindset on driving. Hope it sticks, I have a friend that wrecked an s2000, an old lady (who apparently was at fault somehow) died on impact and he whent in to a month long coma. His license was suspended and even then he was back on the racing scene before he got his DL back.

Comment

This guy clearly need to figure out his priorities first u say u got no money to fix it so where is the money coming from to fund ur new ride??? From the same whole in ur mouth thats paying to repair ur car.
              My question is if u can't repair a fender an windshield how are u gonna buy another car??

Lets do the math here for a second
              New windeshield ppg glass = est. 250-400 depending on installer
              JY fender color matched = est 40 bucks at the most
              so the max wud be = $440 cash

NOW a new car lets use a CB7 for eg... like u sed urself u cant find a cheap one in ur area, which i think is BS cuz if i go on my local craiglist I can find a rusted to shit CB7 easily plus u live in pennsyvania where it snows like Canada.
              So if a another CB costed 1000 or more u'd lose 660(for modding lol) cuz u cud have just fixed the shit urself.

Fenders take no work to little to realigned is the rad supprt u gotta worru about corners are usually tougher(triangulation) than most straightened flat areas of a car.

I crushed up my fender an headlight the same day it was repaired from JY tid bits
              after crash

6hrs later(took me 6 cuz i made sure everything was squared before remounting parts and the hood will be swapped out with another this spring)

Now from the sound of things seems like u really wanna get out of ur CB dont use the crash as an excuse.

Anywho source out some parts an go from there cuz finding another car isn't the cheaper alternative more expensive: gotta register it, pay taxes, sticker, emission, safety, wut ever repairs necessary to pass safety etc.... gets pricey dont u think??

POST pics so we can access the damage??
              Last edited by GearBangnAccord; 02-19-2009, 03:30 AM.
              Summer 11' Big plans (Bodywork/paint/rims etc..) in Progress STAY TUNED

CLICK THE PIC

Comment

Well the damage does not sound that bad. When My cousin crashed my CB into his CB (long story) This is what was left from it :

This is after I banged the sh*t out of the whole front to make it look good so that the 8 hour drive I still had left to go would be a little bit easy on me with the cops on the highway. The hood opened up on me while driving 3 times and cracked the windshiled and cracked sunroof

I was at the point that I didn't want the car but I loved the car very much. but didn't have cash for the parts to fix it. Till someone left there CB in pieces in the streets and said I can take the whole car for free

I tried my best to fix it on my own but had little exp on body work and this was the out come :

Not the best work but hey she was able to drive in the street again
                drove like this for about 3 weeks then I got some money and got a new paint job after.

Don't let the CB go ......I hate to see them in JY but then again I get happy when I find the part I need

Links to my rides :
                1992 Accord EX*
                1990 Accord EX
                1991 Accord SE (4th)
                1991 Accord SE (3rd)
                1991 Accord SE (2ND)
                1991 Accord SE

Comment

we shall wait and see the pictures from brian. who knows. it could be horrible. or could be worth talking him into it.

me and my 90' Accord LX

http://www.myspace.com/truenogtapex

Comment

Well guys i took the car to the yard today.
                    Only got 150 for it.
                    I was gonna repair it all until i seen the windshield pillar was crushed in some.
                    My uncle is selling me a 1998 pontiac grand prix GT on payments.
                    Which i am very excited about because i love them cars.
                    I'll still be on here every once in a while.
                    Heres all the pictures guys.

Comment

cough ** repairable ***cough

glad your ok but the track marks looks like as if you did it on purpose, not saying you did , i still dont know the exact situation

oh well, more parts for me

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
                      -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

How the hell did the glass get fucked.
                        wat?

Comment

Originally posted by ibr_adam09 View Post
                          cough ** repairable ***cough

glad your ok but the track marks looks like as if you did it on purpose, not saying you did , i still dont know the exact situation

oh well, more parts for me
                          Definetely wouldnt do it on purpose. I was on a backroad doing like 25 or 30 in the snow and i tapped the brakes while going down a hill and it slid me sideways right into that yard and ran over the pine tree and slammed into a tree.
                          The windshield post is dented in.
                          So idk how its repairable.

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
                            How the hell did the glass get fucked.
                            smashed into a tree man.

Comment

Originally posted by brianh1290 View Post
                              the inside of the trunk is white.
                              Yeah i know flatline...
                              I drive like a moron.
                              But after wrecking two vehicles in 7 months..
                              Im done.
                              Im done driving like a idiot 3 times is a charm.
                              The next time could be my life and im not looking for that.
                              So racing and all of that is down the drain im done.
                              i understand how u feel i've been in three wrecks...after the first i paid more attention and after the second i was just freakin paranoid and i still am the third one well lets just say i watch my front and back VERY closely now lol but i still got my baby
                              Originally posted by brianh1290 View Post
                              Ehhh,
                              Eclipse is even worse in the snow.
                              and i dont need anything real fast like that.
                              Im slim on cash or id just fix my cb.
                              But a car isnt the same after a car accident.
                              and ur right...my front end will never be the same after being hit so many times but good luck

JDMchristian991's fiance and better half
                              and yes...im a FEMALE!!

Comment

ah brian that doesnt look that bad. but hey. im not the one that owns it lol. but a grand prix should do for now.

good bye cb.
                                hello domestic....

me and my 90' Accord LX

http://www.myspace.com/truenogtapex

Comment

Working...
                                X