Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

happy with the h22?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Law Grandeur View Post
    Hondas are a bandwagon. i see you own one
    I agree and disagree. I believe that most people who "tune" Honda's are on this bandwagon, however those people with truly amazing vehicles and setups did not pick and do not own Honda's because it is cool.

I believe, and hope that they own them and have tuned them because they know and understand the masterful engineering that went into them and allows them to do such amazing things.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

I'm happy with the H22a. Just took her out for a drive this morning on my way to the bank and I waited for the car to warm up properly to punch it. I'm always wanted the H22, the DOHC is very pleasing. The swap itself was very easy, only thing I had a problem with was the power steering hose because I didn't get one with the motor so I had to use the f22's power steering, it worked out great the tools i used to bend the f22 hose to make it fit was my old downpipe from the f22 gave it some leverage and bent it nice and smooth. I'm very satisfied with the h22a. Maybe in the future I might convert to a K series swap, JUST to catch up with the modern technology and to find better parts for it. I was just lookin at a member's thread "2point6" he has done a K24 swap and I just find that to be amazing

new $10 purple/yellow tint fog lights

H22a Sleeper:
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=124470

Comment

So the H22 swap is easy? I didnt see any post that said it was hard but it seems all over the swap board people are running into problems with the swap. Im confused. I might be doing this swap but not sure how long the complete swap will take. Whats an average time for the swap? Weekend job? I know i can pull the f22 out within 2 to 3 hours at most. maybe less but swapping it in and getting it ready never happened for me, since i havent done it. Most parts just swap over though right? axles? engine mounts?

My New Ride
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=82630

Comment

yes im very happy about my dohc f20b...wait what??? , oh and to the OP no you cant use the header on the H and i owuldnt use the intake on the H either to small unless its a 3" piping

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
          1992 Accord EX Coupe
          My FS Thread
          Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
          Originally posted by deevergote
          Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

im happy wit mines its my daily driver to va dc and maryland every day. i did my swap wit a friend in one whole day but i already had my tranny in.

the sedan
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=134302
            the wagon
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150426
            the integra
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=160603

Comment

Hey Jerry, did you get the H yet????? if so how is it running???? give me a call man if you need some help.
              JDM Parts for sale

Comment

Originally posted by Law Grandeur View Post
                yup thats how i felt.

i admit though, the h22 auto trannies arent very tough and really cant handle that power no matter what anyone says. if its 5spd then yes. that is assuming you are a aggressive driver. if not the auto tranny should be fine
                Lies. Your experience comes from your misfortune with them.

They are great transmissions. They handle power fairly well for being an auto trans.

Just look at prNonVtecs car. He has an mp1a and pushes 250whp+ during is spraying runs(which I'm sure are more than a few every weekend). He's been running nitrous for a few years now. The key is to properly maintain them.

Anyways, I'm not satisfied with my h22. It's too slow.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

i like my h swap vtec is sweet but its time to do more upgrade to make it faster

Comment

same here.. the h22a swap is great, but i honestly dont like the gearing for the tranny much.. it needs a bit more midrange power to get up n go.. but the top end is nice.. its my dd and hasnt given me any problems yet..

Comment

Originally posted by dannyd View Post
                      Hey Jerry, did you get the H yet????? if so how is it running???? give me a call man if you need some help.
                      I did and i love it.looking into getting a header,cat and a muffler but not too sure in what to get.I have benn wanting to post some new pics but just been busy with my little girl and work.we should meet up one of these day danny.

Comment

Working...
                      X