Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

happy with the h22?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

happy with the h22?

Have a couple of questions for all the members here that swapped a h22 into there cb's.
    Are you guys happy with the swapp?
    Is anyone NOT satisfied with the performance?
    Is the f22 more reliable than the h22? meaning daily driving
    Is it much more difficult to work on than the f22?

im very happy
    my h22 is a daily driver
    i dont think its too difficult, more expensive prob.

Comment

Happey yes

I am very happy with the results produced by my H22a swap.

The swap itself is fairly simple, and requires very little "Creativity".

As for the reliability, all h22 are as reliable if not more reliable then the f22. The difference is that they also complain a little more. This means a few more things you need to take care of. For instance if when you get your engine you do things like clean the IAB, FITV, and EGR service ports, then for the next 10 years you will most likely not have any problems with them.

The f22 has all of these same things, but not cleaning them does not seem make performance suffer as much.

Of all the engines Honda made I think that the h22 has the most "personality", being an enthusiast I enjoy this, others may not.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Yes I am satisfied fully and completely with my h22 swap. It was an easy swap, especially if you are mechanically inclined and reliability is good...just make sure that if and when you buy the h22 do a leakdown or compression test to make sure it's all good. And then I would recommend doing the manual tensioner swap as well

SOLD!!
        Boosted H22
        375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Originally posted by mozzandherb View Post
          And then I would recommend doing the manual tensioner swap as well
          what does this do?
          you said manual is it different from auto?

Comment

the auto tensioner that comes stock on the h22 has been known to fail. it isnt terribly common but most do the swap to be safe. i didnt swap mine and i havent had a problem. if it fails though, it can destroy your motor. its basically the same as the timing belt snapping.

the h22 is every bit as reliable as the f22. just be sure to get yours from a good source. hmotorsonline.com is the best place around. if you buy a cheap engine you may have problems. a motor is only as good as the maintenance performed on it.

also, these 40k mile jdm motors... yeah. they had 40k on them when they were pulled back in god knows when. that isnt necessarily a good thing anymore. a motor that has been sitting for 6 years with only 40k on the clock is worse than a motor that has 200k but has been run and maintained regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas View Post
              the auto tensioner that comes stock on the h22 has been known to fail. it isnt terribly common but most do the swap to be safe. i didnt swap mine and i havent had a problem. if it fails though, it can destroy your motor. its basically the same as the timing belt snapping.

the h22 is every bit as reliable as the f22. just be sure to get yours from a good source. hmotorsonline.com is the best place around. if you buy a cheap engine you may have problems. a motor is only as good as the maintenance performed on it.

also, these 40k mile jdm motors... yeah. they had 40k on them when they were pulled back in god knows when. that isnt necessarily a good thing anymore. a motor that has been sitting for 6 years with only 40k on the clock is worse than a motor that has 200k but has been run and maintained regularly.
              thanks for your reply.hmotorosonline is the one im going to.its within a mile from where i live.just incase i will swap that tensioner before i set it in.also im replacing timing belt,waterpump,oil pump,fuel filter,clean egr valve,clean egr ports,clean fitv and adjusting the valves.CANT WAIT till i get my h22

Comment

sounds like a good plan

Comment

I love my h22a, I don't have LSD and I wish I did. I'm disappointed that parts for this motor are a little more limited than say B series or K series. I think that if I had never done the swap and was still running the F motor, I'd probably be looking into a K swap right now. But, I already have the H, got a lot of money stuck into it, so I'm cool with keeping it.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

I'm ALMOST happy with it. I did the swap about a month and a half ago, but am still needing the Auto P13 ECU to make it run properly. Right now i've got an Auto P13, but its the one w/ the stupid traction control....so 4 plugs instead of 3, which is causing a CEL code 36. I still need to fix my EGR and all that jazz too to make it pass emissions, but thats not til may.

It is more expensive....since it takes 91 instead of 87, and mileage isn't as great as I'd hoped...only managed 24 on the highway, but I still have a few things to fix on it...mainly that EGR and the right ECU, so it'll def. bump up after those are working as they should.

But before you swap, I would suggest you do all the maint. you can on it, and convert to the H23 manual tensioner to make it more reliable. The auto tensioner on the engine you get may only have 40K miles, but its most likely 15 yrs old...if you get an OBD1 engine and will be likely to fail.

You just need to be slightly more aware of things once you get this engine, since it has more electronic components that could possibly fail. Its a GREAT engine though...VERY FUN!!! VTEC is pretty noticeable....but just plan to keep adding more oil if you stay in it constantly b/c they do USE more oil...not really burn it, as I've found out since my swap lol.

member's ride thread
                    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                    91 Accord SE 176k
                    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I like mines. no unexspected problems as of yet

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

right know i have a dc header and a eam cold airin a f22. would these 2 components fit on a h22????????

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                          I'm ALMOST happy with it. I did the swap about a month and a half ago, but am still needing the Auto P13 ECU to make it run properly. Right now i've got an Auto P13, but its the one w/ the stupid traction control....so 4 plugs instead of 3, which is causing a CEL code 36. I still need to fix my EGR and all that jazz too to make it pass emissions, but thats not til may.

It is more expensive....since it takes 91 instead of 87, and mileage isn't as great as I'd hoped...only managed 24 on the highway, but I still have a few things to fix on it...mainly that EGR and the right ECU, so it'll def. bump up after those are working as they should.

But before you swap, I would suggest you do all the maint. you can on it, and convert to the H23 manual tensioner to make it more reliable. The auto tensioner on the engine you get may only have 40K miles, but its most likely 15 yrs old...if you get an OBD1 engine and will be likely to fail.

You just need to be slightly more aware of things once you get this engine, since it has more electronic components that could possibly fail. Its a GREAT engine though...VERY FUN!!! VTEC is pretty noticeable....but just plan to keep adding more oil if you stay in it constantly b/c they do USE more oil...not really burn it, as I've found out since my swap lol.
                          Along these lines, I also suggest you get everything you need BEFORE swapping it, and also make sure it is actually installed right the first time to avoid all the little issues people have.

The auto tensioner B.S. is just that. Unless you are doing something stupid, the auto tensioner will be just fine, it just needs to be replaced periodically. Then again, so does the manual setup.
                          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

great motor, i love mine. no problems at all, very abusive motor, i push it every chance i get . when you do daily driving normally your can great some great mpg or you can accelerate hard and hit vtec to drain you fuel tank like
                            i do . i always check under the hood to be sure its running on top, but that's just me. you really don't need to ... its a Honda
                            i never did the auto tensioner to manual tensioner tho, its still good but i probably should to be safe , been about a year since the swap

its a heavy engine and a bit more expensive to maintain, but its great for the extra power you want or the extra load you have on your car, so its good all around

very simple swap too, only problem i had was the wiring and ecu but its all good

oh, be sure you get a h22 tans swap too , manual stick
                            Last edited by ibr_adam09; 01-18-2009, 03:41 AM.

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
                            -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

Originally posted by h22anow View Post
                              im very happy
                              my h22 is a daily driver
                              i dont think its too difficult, more expensive prob.
                              yup thats how i felt.

i admit though, the h22 auto trannies arent very tough and really cant handle that power no matter what anyone says. if its 5spd then yes. that is assuming you are a aggressive driver. if not the auto tranny should be fine

no
                              Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                              $30 HID kits here Thread
                              "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                              "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Working...
                              X