Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

95 eclipse swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

95 eclipse swap

does anyone nows how hard or dificult its to swap a motor of a 98 eclipse GS to a 95 eclipse gst?

next to impossible. I think they're two completely different formats.
    Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

Originally posted by paflores9 View Post
      does anyone nows how hard or dificult its to swap a motor of a 98 eclipse GS to a 95 eclipse gst?
      could be done but lots of custom welding gs is a 420a and gst is a 4g63 you can fit an evo 3 hybrid in the gs but its about 4 to 5 gs depending or you can build the gs and believe or not it more powerful in torque than the gst ive had 4 in total

White Diamond

Comment

It would be very tough. Lots of custom fabrication involved. Ive tried swapping mine the other way around. 4g63t into my gs, never heard of putting the 420a in the gst model. It can be done if you have the funds to make it happen.
        2001 Chevrolet Silverado

Comment

It could be done but meh the time and money wouldnt even be worth it, sell it save up some cash and get a GSX(AWD) Eclispe and swap in a 6-bolt. And watch out for crank walk.
          Love Built Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by MagnaniEG6 View Post
            It could be done but meh the time and money wouldnt even be worth it, sell it save up some cash and get a GSX(AWD) Eclispe and swap in a 6-bolt. And watch out for crank walk.
            why dont you regurgitate more stuff you read online...

Comment

I have a buddy that took a first generation motor eclipse motor and put it into a 2nd generation eclipse, and boosted it to 19psi. Its fast as hell. Chews up wrx sti's.

Comment

Originally posted by MagnaniEG6 View Post
                i think you have been misinformed.

the reason 4g63t owners swap from a 7 bolt bottom end to a 6 bolt is because the 7 bolt had a more likely chance of crank walking.
                Unless it's hit it's 90,000 mile mark it still has the chance to do so.

The 6 bolt 4g63t motor will not crank walk and has super low compression. This is not needed for the block those pistons are put in.
                The blocks have handeled up to 500 whp without failure.
                Because the 6 bolt has bigger beefier rods, and the crank is better held down in place.

The ideal swap is getting the 6 bolt bottom end with the 7bolt head, because as time progressed so did the flow bench tests, and the smaller ports on the 7 bolt head outflow the 6 bolt everywhere except 8,000 rpm's and higher.

once apon a time the 7 bolt head had to have the stud holes drilled out
                1mm bigger to fit the 6 bolt block.
                But now ARP makes head studs that tapper to swap the head with no machine work needed.

as for swapping the n/a into a Turbo powerplant... i don't understand the reasoning, and would discourage it. As mentioned above.. the overwhelming amount of fabrication it would take would just be rediculous.

I'd oupt out for putting the 4g63t motor in the accord before i would consider what your talking about.
                Last edited by KeeleDesign; 01-17-2009, 11:04 AM.
                "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by KeeleDesign View Post
                  i think you have been misinformed.

the reason 4g63t owners swap from a 7 bolt bottom end to a 6 bolt is because the 7 bolt had a more likely chance of crank walking.
                  Unless it's hit it's 90,000 mile mark it still has the chance to do so.

The 6 bolt 4g63t motor will not crank walk and has super low compression. This is not needed for the block those pistons are put in.
                  The blocks have handeled up to 500 whp without failure.
                  Because the 6 bolt has bigger beefier rods, and the crank is better held down in place.

The ideal swap is getting the 6 bolt bottom end with the 7bolt head, because as time progressed so did the flow bench tests, and the smaller ports on the 7 bolt head outflow the 6 bolt everywhere except 8,000 rpm's and higher.

once apon a time the 7 bolt head had to have the stud holes drilled out
                  1mm bigger to fit the 6 bolt block.
                  But now ARP makes head studs that tapper to swap the head with no machine work needed.

as for swapping the n/a into a Turbo powerplant... i don't understand the reasoning, and would discourage it. As mentioned above.. the overwhelming amount of fabrication it would take would just be rediculous.

I'd oupt out for putting the 4g63t motor in the accord before i would consider what your talking about.
                  very informative. hey buy one of m y motors and swap it in there hell its already been done to a civic. and crankwalks not an issue

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                    very informative. hey buy one of m y motors and swap it in there hell its already been done to a civic. and crankwalks not an issue
                    yeah i have seen a 4g63t put in a civic and a s10, pretty kewl if you ask me..

that saves alot of money when it comes to having to build a motor for turbo and tuning...

i think the fabrication to putting it in a accord would be easier and cheaper than actually building any of the accord motors up to spec. and it it would be pre tuned along with the dsmlink that i have for in car diagnostics and tuning, is way easier, than all the ways we have to tune the accord right now.
                    "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by KeeleDesign View Post
                      yeah i have seen a 4g63t put in a civic and a s10, pretty kewl if you ask me..

that saves alot of money when it comes to having to build a motor for turbo and tuning...

i think the fabrication to putting it in a accord would be easier and cheaper than actually building any of the accord motors up to spec. and it it would be pre tuned along with the dsmlink that i have for in car diagnostics and tuning, is way easier, than all the ways we have to tune the accord right now.
                      I guess they must have seen the light ehh lol. And theres more aftermarket parts for us which makes things easier.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                        I guess they must have seen the light ehh lol. And theres more aftermarket parts for us which makes things easier.
                        no joke , but the thing is the aftermarket parts are twice as good for only half the price parts are for the accords.. it's crazzy.
                        "Self Renewed"

Comment

the best turbo motors are the ones that came that way from the factory. all the aftermarket companies have to do is improve on what the original manufacturer already spent a fortune designing, rather than going against it (as with boosting a non turbo engine)

and the 4g63 is a kickass motor. any reliability issues in the 6 bolt motors are due more to improper maintenance or old age than design flaw.

Comment

why bother? swap in a h22 and boost it.. it will be cheaper to build and still have money to play with than swapping in a non-honda motor to fab shit up

Comment

He's talking about an Eclipse. Not a Honda.

Comment

Working...
                              X