Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How Do You Manage Your Credit Cards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ActAccordingly View Post
    the way i figure, if you can't pay cash, you can't really afford it.
    Agree..... But....

rent a car, book a hotel, order online from somwhere that doesnt have paypal. Even paypal, yeah you CAN use a checking Acct... but I dont like waiting 7 days to transfer in or out, its a pain in the ass

Theres more benefit to having a CC other then living off the credit (not that you would know that based on the average CC user)

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
    dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

Some of you guys against credit cards sound moronic. How are you going to get a mortgage, finance a car, have money for an emergency? You need credit for that. How in the world are you going to get low interest rates? Just to let you guys know, 2010 is right around the corner, its not about the cash money anymore, but the Platinum and Black AMEX.

I put everything I can on my credit cards. I avoid debit and cash as much as possible. I have a total of 4 credit cards. I haven't payed 1 cent in interest. Its all about living within your means.

Curious, How do you guys pay for stuff you buy on online stores? Many places dont take paypal.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

OP- you can purchase a credit card with your own money. Pay $300 and you can pick up a $300 credit card.

you can build the same credit with a $500 credit card as you can with a $10000 credit card.

Credit scoring is as such:

no payment: - points
        partial payment: 0 points
        full payment: + points

That's it, its pathetically simple.

I use to have 5 credit cards when I first joined University; after some trouble, I cut them all up. now I only have one $500 credit card. I have managed to rebuild my credit score to around 900 in a mere 3 years. All I did was buy small items, things like gas and candy, and then transfer money to the credit card that day.

with credit cards follow the KISS rule: Keep it simple stupid.

Credit card money is not your money so don't use it if you don't have to. The money in the credit card can be used for purchases, as long as you have cash to back up that purchase. Use cash as much as possible, it will help save lots of money.

Video: Frontline - Secret History of the Credit Card (2004)
        Last edited by lokuputha; 12-27-2008, 06:02 PM.
        DEVOTE

Comment

they just keep sending me new cards. i guess my credit is good. i have like 6 of them. i only use one.

get one. use it. pay it off. use it. pay it off. use it. pay it off. as you pay it off, they'll raise your limit. it also builds credit.

a better way to build credit is to get a loan. credit cards are 'bad credit'. bank loans and such with collateral are 'good loans'

Comment

Originally posted by AstroVannin View Post
            Agree..... But....

rent a car, book a hotel, order online from somwhere that doesnt have paypal. Even paypal, yeah you CAN use a checking Acct... but I dont like waiting 7 days to transfer in or out, its a pain in the ass
            Originally posted by JohnD1079 View Post

Curious, How do you guys pay for stuff you buy on online stores? Many places dont take paypal.
            'check card'... debit card with a visa logo, works like a charm

JohnD, you are right, if you only spend on your credit cars what you can pay off immediately in cash, then it works, but it's very easy to slip... sounds like you can handle it though, which is good!

to the OP, look into getting a 'rushcard', it's the russell simmons prepaid visa, but they have a feature now where it will help you build credit
            Last edited by ActAccordingly; 12-27-2008, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
              Easy. Dont have them.

I cant even get one of those...

^^Very smart man. That my way of looking at it. Hell, thast how it is cuz i dont a bank or CC, im all cash, so if i dont have the money fo rit, i dont get it. I dont think id ever have a CC even if i did have the credit. A checking acct/debit card is all i need.
              if i dont den how am i suppose to buy a house?

Comment

Originally posted by DrSzSoLDIeR View Post
                if i don't then how am i supposed to buy a house?
                Fixed it for you.

there are other ways to build credit. as i said before, personal loans and other forms of 'good credit' are better than credit cards. and safer. your best bet is to take out some sort of loan with a cosigner that already has good credit, and keep up with the payments. even pay it off early.

save up $1000. take out a $1000 loan. make a few payments, then dump the rest on it. you'll spend a little in interest, but think of it as an investment.

and for chrissakes... dont write on the loan/credit application they way you type here!

Comment

Originally posted by jonas View Post
                  fixed It For You.
                  And For Chrissakes... Dont Write On The Loan/credit Application They Way You Type Here!

X2
                  http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Working...
                  X