Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Economic Stimulus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Economic Stimulus

Apparently Obama is going to have a stumulus package ready as soon as he gets into office and its going to be "signifigantly larger" than the last one we got. (Personaly Sarah Palin was all the stimulus I needed but that is for a different forum) Any who, tell us what your planing on spending your money on, lets assume its a $1000 check with your name on it...what are you spending it on?

I'm sorry I should have been more specific with my pointless question....if Obama showes up on your door step with $1000 and says spend this on your CB7....what then.
    Last edited by 4thGenDreams; 12-08-2008, 09:09 AM.

part of my down payment for my TSX or i sell the CB and use that money for the down payment and use that check and $200 from my job at arbys and get my intake and suspension from Tanabe even more

Comment

i'm going to pay off my HDTV bill and then drop the rest into a few more parts for the 5spd swap that i've been stuck on for the last 9 months.

Comment

use it to get myself deeper into debt.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I would use it to start a savings account. That will be the first step to getting into my own place with my babe. And some for my G-Ma because i wouldn't have any car without her.

Comment

If I get a check for a grand, no doubt, an h swap is in the works

Comment

i just got mine because i filed late. it went to bills

if we get another it might go to somethig fun

Comment

i believe this package is for infrastructure. we personnally wont get a dime, but it will increase road repairs, wich I directly am linked to. I work at carlson paving products, we make screeds. they re-heat the asphalt, and cram it back down. since each states budget for highways and bi-ways will be pumped up, all aspects of transportation will be affected. faster deliveries=faster workers. less traffic jams=less road rage. we just recieved a letter from the president of Astec corp. explaining this. Astec owns us. i'll try to find it, edit out names and post for you to see.
                http://carlsonpavingproducts.com/
                you'll love my nuts!

Comment

gt42r

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                  member ride thread
                  11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                  DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                  People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                  I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                  John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Payment on whatever new car replaces the stolen Integra. I want to pay for it as soon as I can so I can focus more on the CB.
                    1993 Accord EX
                    2011 Subaru STi

Comment

it will go to finish paying my back taxes
                      http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

uhm...i b t l...political?.....dammit I forgot I was going to avoid off topic stuff.

*edited to prevent politicality
                        Last edited by bcjammerx; 12-07-2008, 09:48 PM. Reason: eh...I didn't wanna push it to political
                        ____

Comment

Right now I would not consider this as a full political thread since the OP only asks what would people do about their stimulus check.

I'm watching this.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                          1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                          2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                          2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                          2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                          2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                            uhm...i b t l...political?

Any hoo what would be the point of a check for $1k? From what I understand you basically lose that 300-600 we got from bush when we do our taxes this year. Like a $600 loan is all it was...

It's going to take a shit load more than handouts to the american people to fix our economy...and I don't see how handouts will do any good...why? Where is the money going to come from? Oh we'll just make more...yeah...now the dollar is worth .01...wonderfull

dammit I forgot I was going to avoid off topic stuff.
                            well lets not turn this into a political argument. Think of it as a hypothetical "If you won $1000 from the lotto, what would you do?"

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                              uhm...i b t l...political?

Any hoo what would be the point of a check for $1k? From what I understand you basically lose that 300-600 we got from bush when we do our taxes this year. Like a $600 loan is all it was...

It's going to take a shit load more than handouts to the american people to fix our economy...and I don't see how handouts will do any good...why? Where is the money going to come from? Oh we'll just make more...yeah...now the dollar is worth .01...wonderfull

dammit I forgot I was going to avoid off topic stuff.
                              i think the op was more asking what you would do with a grand rather than make a political statement...

also, you're right about the 'handouts', and that's not their plan, as one of the previous posters stated. the main part of the stimulus package is for public works, which is what eisenhower did... most economists will agree that that is one of the better ways to stimulate the economy.
                              though, i am sure we will see some checks in the mail too, almost a peace offering after they gave our money to the financial sector and auto makers... might as well give some of it back to us too.

if they do send me a grand, i will put it towards my mortgage payment... no point in blowing it on new rims for the ride if i end up not having a crib to park it in front of

Comment

Working...
                              X