Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Whats the mileage on your car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrSzSoLDIeR View Post
    i never really understood how trannies r blown..plz explain...thanks
    Well on mine the torque converter was worn and wasn't catching I guess (it was an automatic). It would pop out of 4th into 3rd and it would feel as if it were in neutral but still driving. Not sure if that was the problem but it felt like it. Not replacing the the transmission fluid and filter after certain miles will cause your transmission to take a shit sooner. Some people go the entire life of the car without replacing it, and then complain about the expensive repairs due to their neglegence
    ]

Comment

88,000 one owner miles. I just inherited it from my my aunt who bought it new in 1990. It has been sitting in her garage for the past year. She had a stroke and could'nt drive anymore. I just changed the tb and seals and thanks to the info from this website I also installed the retainer clip. It runs great but I wonder if there is more I should do since it sat so long.

Comment

Bought mine with 179000 Miles with an engine that had 15 miles on it. Wanent even broken in.

The 5 speed tranny took a shit at 224 thousand, but i swaped it for an M2B4 with unknown miles. Now its at 225 K and runnin like a bat outa hell.

The car hadnot been maintained when i bough it, so in th 1st month the breaks went out, alternator, shock were all blown, and the tranny was a piece of shit, but it still lasted 45K.

Comment

323k shell..150kish new motor
          4 door pimpin'

Comment

the old clock would be pushin 250,xxx but since i broke the needles off tryin to put gauges on the new one is @ 166,xxx
            Freedom Is Not Free
            U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

180k on body
              my brother has 120k miles his the second owner runs as same as mine

Comment

215000 and ive got a little oil leak
                dont know where yet
                my engine is pretty dirty
                so i cant tell yet
                other than that mine runs like a champ

Comment

Originally posted by AllWhiteCoupe View Post
                  Bought mine with 179000 Miles with an engine that had 15 miles on it. Wanent even broken in.

The 5 speed tranny took a shit at 224 thousand, but i swaped it for an M2B4 with unknown miles. Now its at 225 K and runnin like a bat outa hell.

The car hadnot been maintained when i bough it, so in th 1st month the breaks went out, alternator, shock were all blown, and the tranny was a piece of shit, but it still lasted 45K.
                  in the first 2 weeks since ive had my car
                  ive noticed an oil leak of some sort
                  my starter was barely bolted in
                  i had a motor mount that was busted
                  replaced my antenna and complete stereo system
                  (front speakers still are stock though for now lol)
                  ive got new rims and tires also
                  im just hoping the oil leak isnt serious!

Comment

158k miles on the body and around 1,500 on the engine since i completly rebuilt it, which has a total of around 25k

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                    1992 Accord EX Coupe
                    My FS Thread
                    Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

76100 all original miles!

Comment

I have 172,000 miles on the 93 Accord. I bought it with 168,000. Runs great, everything works and has cold AC. Needs valve stem seals and a couple of gaskets to resolve some oil leaks, but the engine is very healthy and strong otherwise. My 1996 Accord has over 220,000 miles, now with the new owners. I bought it with only 45,000 miles. The engines have been as dependable as a wood burning furnace..

Friend of mine has a 1993 Honda Accord 10th Anniv. identical to mine with 350,000 miles on the original engine and transmission. He still drives the car on cross country road trips...
                        1990 Honda Accord LX coupe
                        F22
                        116,xxx miles

1989 Honda Accord LX sedan
                        A20
                        177,xxx miles

1992 Cadillac Allante
                        4.5L V8
                        70,xxx miles

Comment

1990 EX Sedan 229,XXX
                          Original engine, tranny, etc.

Underground.Society
                          Originally posted by Deevergote
                          If it doesn't really matter... shut the fuck up and let it be.

Comment

91 ex sedan f22a4 166k or 7 k

Comment

92 EX 281,000 miles, still runs like new

1992 Accord EX MT : CB#2
                              DIY OEM amber corners w/reflectors

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Originally posted by d112crzy
                                I quit jobs as much as I swap engines.

Comment

Working...