Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Newbie confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie confusion

So I'm a little confused, maybe you could help me out. So I can't post in any other area than beginner until I've reached 30 posts, no thread whoring, look for topics previously discussed before creating a new post. . . . . . . .So HOW DO I REACH 30 POSTS? I don't want to be a "rule breaker" but I also don't wanna be a "newb" forever. Little help someone?

you just write responses in the "beginning threads" has to be a response in one of the car sections to be counted as a post. Trust me i already asked a question kinda like this one

Comment

Its time consuming but it protects all the members on here. Damn bots.... Even if your a veteran at this sort of stuff. You'll still have to go through it just like everyone else.

Comment

I guess I'm just confuced because I read that you're not supposed to just "thread whore" by saying "nice car" or "clean wheels" yet I go into a couple of posts and it says, "nice car". . . . . . . . . So what's up with that?

Comment

Not everyone reads and abides by the stickies. You'll see a lot of post whoring, you'll also see people commenting on it. Especially when the only reason someone posts is to say "X2". Deev (site owner) hates that.

Welcome to the site. It really doesn't take long for you to rack up your 30. Lend advice where you can, ask questions (after searching, of course.) and look around. You'll be in the big kid section in no time.

Comment

Well I've been a member for about a year now and finally just got internet at my house so I never pursued it a whole lot but I guess now I'd actually like to take the time to become part of the family lol and what does "X2" mean?

Comment

It means "I agree with the person above me"

Comment

Oh yeah. That's not "thread whoring" at ALL.

Comment

Originally posted by anythingfast View Post
                  it kinda is..

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

It is thread whoring. You just agree to what?
                    If you agree to that persons saying it's better to elighten it on your side also.

Comment

No I was bein sarcastic. If it's thread whoring how come noone does anything about it? The rules are all strict sounding but apparently they don't enforce it? Or maybe just better things to do than sit on computer all day trying to find stupid stuff lol.

Comment

No I was bein sarcastic. If it's thread whoring how come noone does anything about it? The rules are all strict sounding but apparently they don't enforce it? Or maybe just better things to do than sit on computer all day trying to find stupid stuff lol.
                        You know , the mods here are trying their best to make things as clear as possible. It's not everyday we can catch these suckers.

Comment

Originally posted by mugenaccordlx View Post
                          You know , the mods here are trying their best to make things as clear as possible. It's not everyday we can catch these suckers.
                          exactly.

we can't go thru each and every thread.

and not many are on the night watch shift..

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                          Honda Accord Euro-R
                          Honda Odyssey Absolute
                          Honda City I-DSi
                          Honda Stream

Comment

I think I got it but everyone has to be patient with me. I'll do my best. Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

It's not hard as you think.

Like me , took me a short while. Eventhough the 30 post rule was not in effect back in 2005 lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X