Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Shipping question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping question

i just want to know if anyone has has a motor shipped from over seas an how was it shipped?? i want to know if they even inspect motors that are shipped i know they check Id # an such but do they actually pull it apart or anything, also how is it packaged on a skit with shrink wrap??

I want to know cuz recently i was in the bahamas a seen some Gtr30 motors so now im siked on importing a skyline.
    Summer 11' Big plans (Bodywork/paint/rims etc..) in Progress STAY TUNED

CLICK THE PIC

Moved to Off Topic... we don't need noobs getting posts by saying "yeah, skylines are cool!"

I wouldn't buy or import anything from any company overseas. If something is bad, it's far to expensive to take legal action. There are importers in the US that do those things for you.

As for importing a car... all cars have to go through a Registered Importer here in the US. They must be modified to meet US safety and emissions standards, or confirmed that they are exempt (older than 25 years is exempt... for now)

If you want to import a Skyline... good luck. There is no crash test data available, meaning they cannot be modified to meet safety standards. All Skylines in the country now were brought in under false information... and technically, they're all illegal (the R33s are SORT OF legal... if they were brought here and mofidied correctly...)

If you're not from the US, then disregard that.

Comment

Actually Deev the R33 skyline is allowed IF you stll do the LHD conversion. But they did pass the crash test. They had to raise the side bars in the doors a couple inches because they were a bit low. Thats basically most of it. But the R33 if you can find someone still can come in. All other models cant other than r35. Its pointless to import JUST A motor from overseas...The shipping would rape you alone. Buy one from the states you save so much money. Only way to make money back from buying shit overseas is to buy in bulk other than that your just wasting time.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Since when do you have to do the LHD conversion?

I've heard mixed stories about what's needed for the conversion, as well as who holds the crash test data. Supposedly Motorex paid for the crash data, and they have control over it.

But yeah, if anything is legal, it's just the R33. And if you can get it legalized, it's going to take quite a bit of milk money. RIs aren't cheap, especially when it comes to something high-profile and risky like a Skyline. They have to guarantee their work at something like 200% of the value of the car.

Comment

HMM I saw an r34 with Arizona plates on the Turnpike, what kind of false information do you mean deev. Who do they give this information to?
          1993 Accord EX
          2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
            Since when do you have to do the LHD conversion?

I've heard mixed stories about what's needed for the conversion, as well as who holds the crash test data. Supposedly Motorex paid for the crash data, and they have control over it.

But yeah, if anything is legal, it's just the R33. And if you can get it legalized, it's going to take quite a bit of milk money. RIs aren't cheap, especially when it comes to something high-profile and risky like a Skyline. They have to guarantee their work at something like 200% of the value of the car.
            The R33 passed pretty well the main thing they required was an LHD conversion and the raising of the side impact bars as I recall. I read the whole lawsuit on motorex apparently the owners were complete retards and screwed themselves over. Anyway the state claimed that whoever had an r32 or r34 was allowed to keep there vehicle sold to them. The LHD is still questionable though but still I have yet to see one locally converted. All the ones locally are RHD other than one GTS which I think is LHD. We also have a few R34's locally. I guess they got lucky.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i work customs for ups and all we have to do is check the invoice match it up with whats in the system and clear it put a sticker on it and send it on its way but idk about other carriers

Comment

So if an R33 comes in via UPS you just have to make sure it's an R33? Awesome! UPS here I come!

Comment

I work for UPS too here in NYC and there is a 150 lb weight limit so you would have to import your skyline in a few boxes instead of one.

BUT I have heard that you could import the car in pieces like the rolling shell w/o motor/trans and w/o the interior at different time and then put it all back together and register it as a "kit car".

i gotta look into that more
                  http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

The problem now is that if US customs finds a car that is RHD they will automatically turn it away and ship it back to where it came from. Thats the sad part unless you got hookup or something.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

so do they pull the motor apart an inspect or is it just a visual or CAT? Also im in Canada which means it'll probably be alot more difficult for me.
                      Does anyone know roughly how much it wud cost me to ship a motor??
                      Summer 11' Big plans (Bodywork/paint/rims etc..) in Progress STAY TUNED

CLICK THE PIC

Comment

Working...
                      X