Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Bad grammar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad grammar

Is it just me or is there anyone else out there that hates it when people ask questions or random stuff and expect you to give a valid answer when you can't read it in the first place. Maybe i'm just taking up space right now but this has been bothering me for a while.

LOL. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

muhbees it haz sumtin tuh do wit DerE KYBROad BOT iT culd also Do wit DA plugz in teh computersz.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
        Is it just me or is there anyone else out there that hates it when people ask questions or random stuff and expect you to give a valid answer when you can't read it in the first place. Maybe i'm just taking up space right now but this has been bothering me for a while.
        I'm not trying to be a dick, but that's not very good grammar either.
        I would have said "Is it just me or does anyone else hate it when people ask questions and expect a valid answer when the other people trying to answer it can't read the original question?"

Underground.Society
        Originally posted by Deevergote
        If it doesn't really matter... shut the fuck up and let it be.

Comment

i know i mess up every now and then with spelling grammer punctuation and all that good stuff but then english is my 3rd learned language not my first hell you should see how bad my fifth learned language is so the short answer is no cause it might be someone who knows many more langauges and isn't as dumb as there typing looks now stupid questions thats a whole nother ball park

Comment

Originally posted by guitarplayer825 View Post
            I would have said "Is it just me or does anyone else hate it when people ask questions and expect a valid answer when the other people trying to answer it can't read the original question?"
            That would have been a run on sentence.

1999 BMW M3
            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by mr2 mk1.5 View Post
              i know i mess up every now and then with spelling grammer punctuation and all that good stuff but then english is my 3rd learned language not my first hell you should see how bad my fifth learned language is so the short answer is no cause it might be someone who knows many more langauges and isn't as dumb as there typing looks now stupid questions thats a whole nother ball park
              Holy shit man. If you are fluent in five different languages then I wouldn't worry about what anyone says. I know english of course, a little bit of german, and a little bit of spanish. I can start a good fight in the other two besides english lol and know how to say enough but i'm nowhere near fluent. Good job. I'm jealous.
              Last edited by Brandoncb7; 11-11-2008, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarplayer825 View Post
                I'm not trying to be a dick, but that's not very good grammar either.
                Well i'm not anal about it. I know some stuff about cars and have never claimed to know everything. I try to help out when I can but sometimes when people type...y 4u not luv m3 and shit lol. I was just bored and have seen a couple of other people on here complain about it. I guess maybe I was in a bad mood or something, who knows. But sometimes you really can't read what people are saying on here and then they wonder why they don't get any help. This was random and maybe useless so delete it if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990accordex-r View Post
                  muhbees it haz sumtin tuh do wit DerE KYBROad BOT iT culd also Do wit DA plugz in teh computersz.
                  LMFAO! I think you just made my night man lol. Internet shorthand isn't any better but this shit made me laugh for some reason or another.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
                    With today's modern communication mediums, proper grammar and syntax is often left for dead; forums, blogs and other non-edited publications often
                    spread bad grammatical habits like wild fire.

Solution: Read a lot of properly edited publications like newspapers, magazines and books.
                    DEVOTE

Comment

IT'S AIMS FAULT AND TEXT MESSAGING. haha, bastards. Aim = "i r tired", Text = "i r trd". Language Arts in 4th grade = "I am tired." I don't really care much for people who type all that crap, cause I just go through and try to understand it the best I can, but when you get pissed because people aren't answering you, it's just not right. Theres a lot of people that would see the first word, and hit the "back" button up above, and move along.
                      98' Mustang 3V Swap
                      11' VW CC R36

Comment

thanks brandoncb7 its been alot easier than you would think military postings will do this to you. i was born an american am white and male and english is the third language i learned to speak. crazy i know but when ever my dad was posted in a new country we would all learn the language of our new home country we started out in guam well at least i did then moved to japan the language there was easy to learn when your young then on to iceland,the america ,germany. and now i'm try'n to learn spanish. but thats why bad grammer and all that doesn't bother me cause i'm used to it from other people and a lot of people had to put up with me while learning there language

Comment

There's a significant difference between people who use bad grammar, spelling, and sentence structure due to not knowing the language, and people that choose to ignore it.

I'll patiently work with anyone that has a hard time expressing themselves due to a limited understanding of the language...

"I come from russia sorry if english is bad i learn it little but here is not used much english. swap in russia not legal but hide turbo maybe?"
                          I'd help that guy.

"yo wut be up im frum cali n my budz n i dun want to hav 2 deal wit da bar n shit kno wut i meen soz i wana turbo my cb but make it hidden so no pigs can tell until i outrun dere ***got asses rite!"
                          Same question... kinda... I would NOT help that jackass.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                            There's a significant difference between people who use bad grammar, spelling, and sentence structure due to not knowing the language, and people that choose to ignore it.

I'll patiently work with anyone that has a hard time expressing themselves due to a limited understanding of the language...

"I come from russia sorry if english is bad i learn it little but here is not used much english. swap in russia not legal but hide turbo maybe?"
                            I'd help that guy.

"yo wut be up im frum cali n my budz n i dun want to hav 2 deal wit da bar n shit kno wut i meen soz i wana turbo my cb but make it hidden so no pigs can tell until i outrun dere ***got asses rite!"
                            Same question... kinda... I would NOT help that jackass.

Comment

hater.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X