Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

when was this site established

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
    I wasn't here for the first 6.

It was quiet. Very tight-knit... and just about everyone was clueless. Look back in old posts, and you'll see all sorts of idiotic shit coming from people like me and cpmike.

The great thing is that this site grew from a pure fascination with these cars. Everyone that joined early on, everyone that started the site, everyone on staff... every person involved was crazy about the CB7, and went crazy over every little thing. JDM was a brand new concept to us. An H22 swap made you king shit (which was awesome... because I was swapped in April 2003 ... I was king shit until Accord SiR came along... swapped in 1997, and boosted to about 450whp well before our first meet in MD!) Motegi M7s were the fad that everyone had... and people were all about Racing Harts. Nobody knew the DSM parts could be used for a homemade turbo kit. Nobody knew about tuning ECUs.
    It was very close back then wasn't it, It seems so long ago now.
    I mean everyone pretty much new everyone, It was awesome. Then more and more people came with new / more (for back then) "out there" ideas.
    It just kept expanding to where it is now.

Haha I remember the "stupid" questions, there were only a minor few who really KNEW the Cb inside out.
    Lol Sorry Deev (Yes guys another Mike ) I have to say it, But I still remember when you pretty much knew nothing (mind you, I was the same) . . . My have you come ALONG way

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

i remember uncle_el saying that the C-pillar bar would never work

woops

a year later and he is the info god.

Comment

I know I havnt been here too long but, When I looked back at my old posts, It was some preety noobfull stuff, If i posted it now, I wouldve had flaming everywhere. Yet, most people were pretty nice about it back then.

Comment

People are still generally nice now... Really, it's all about HOW you ask.

If you say "Can I add VTEC to my F22?" you might get laughed at a little, but people will answer, and help you out. If you say "yo git dis mah buddie sed dat i can put da vteckz on my accord motur n i wanna do it iz it lik turboz or sumthin? i gotz a rench so i can do it kno wut i meen?"
          We've been getting a lot of that stuff... that THAT is where people lose their patience. You aren't expected to know a damn thing about the Accord when you come here... but I think it's only fair to expect people to have at least SOME grasp on the English language, and how to use it properly. When a guy from France comes here and says "sorry about my English, I'm from France"... and then posts something easy to understand... and then a guy from New York comes on and types something that looks like he just banged his head against the keyboard... it gets irritating! Especially when it's the 100th time that week that I saw stuff like that!

The sad thing is that the CB7 is cheap enough to attract the careless idiots, and has enough potential for those careless idiots to want to modify it. It's not old enough yet to be back in enthusiast-only territory.

And Colin... I was worse BEFORE CB7tuner! Back in the early days of HondaHookUp.com, I was asking stuff like "can you turn a turbo off?" I quickly learned that you can't... and now I know that, in a way, you can!

Comment

This is only one of only a few forums with such a good a community and source of information.
            The others are a Mercedes-Benz 190E forum 190Revolution
            And a Honda Civic forum ClubCivic, which wasn't quite as good as 190Rev and here.
            Glad I stumbled on this place now that I have my car.
            2000 Acura TL-P - Daily
            1993 Honda Accord SE - Sold
            1996 Infiniti J30 - Sold
            1997 Honda Civic EX - Sold
            1996 Saturn SL2 - Totalled
            1982 Mercedes-Benz 300SD - Sold
            1982 Mercedes-Benz 240D - Totalled

Comment

I think their was an anime where he turned a turbo on/off.

I used to think that the mods planned meets for wherever the members are.

Comment

ATX used to plan all the Mid Atlantic meets.

I'm just much lazier than he was!

Comment

Originally posted by Houston93CB7SE View Post
                  This is only one of only a few forums with such a good a community and source of information.
                  The others are a Mercedes-Benz 190E forum 190Revolution
                  And a Honda Civic forum ClubCivic, which wasn't quite as good as 190Rev and here.
                  Glad I stumbled on this place now that I have my car.
                  well i guess awesome cars go along with awesome people who gather around said awesome car.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
                    well i guess awesome cars go along with awesome people who gather around said awesome car.
                    I had 6 Mercedes 190E sold from under me, so I was on 190Rev all the time. Now I'm always on here, and occasionally on 190Rev because I'm still wanting to pick up a 190E for a second car and keep the CB as a DD.
                    2000 Acura TL-P - Daily
                    1993 Honda Accord SE - Sold
                    1996 Infiniti J30 - Sold
                    1997 Honda Civic EX - Sold
                    1996 Saturn SL2 - Totalled
                    1982 Mercedes-Benz 300SD - Sold
                    1982 Mercedes-Benz 240D - Totalled

Comment

Oh, and I didn't become a mod until February 2nd, 2004. I quickly pulled cpmike up with me, to be followed by AccordWarrior and PwrUsr. Yes. All Mikes.
                      that's weird
                      DEVOTE

Comment

Oh, and I didn't become a mod until February 2nd, 2004. I quickly pulled cpmike up with me, to be followed by AccordWarrior and PwrUsr. Yes. All Mikes.
                        so would now be the time to ask how one becomes a Moderator? Just curious

Comment

The few the proud, The Moderators.
                          1993 Accord EX
                          2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Just show maturity, leadership, knowledge, and the willingness (and patience) to help others.

I have a rotating list of people that would be good moderators in my head... once in a while, I see the need for one of them to be made a mod, and it happens.

Comment

Just show maturity, leadership, knowledge, and the willingness (and patience) to help others.

I have a rotating list of people that would be good moderators in my head... once in a while, I see the need for one of them to be made a mod, and it happens.
                              okay. i was expecting there to be an application, and a written and physical test. kinda like being a CB7Tuner police officer.

Comment

$15000 in small, unmarked bills... or a fully legal Nissan Skyline GT-R of any vintage will also get you instant mod status. Hell, the GT-R would get you instant admin status!

Comment

Working...
                                X