Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Where can i get rid of my car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can i get rid of my car?

i've had my accord '91 exr passed down to me from my grandparents for the last 2 years and i LOVE it... unfortunately, because im going back to school, i'm unable to upkeep teh costs of repairs, maintenence, and insurance... let alone gas. so my mom has forced me to sell it off.. its currently sitting in my grandparent's apartment building parking lot but if anyone were to realize that teh insurance is overdue, it may get towed so i have to find a way to get rid of it asap...
    i dont know anything abt selling cars or what my options are... oh, and the other thing is that the exhaust is so decayed out that there is NO way it'll pass aircare lol
    but yeah, i dont know anything about selling cars...
    1. WHERE could i sell a car off that isnt exactly in the best conditions (entire exhaust needs to be replaced, loads of dents and dings from family members trashing the car up for the past 15 years)?
    2. would a dealer take it?
    3. what kind of price range should i expect for a car that wont' pass aircare?
    4. what should i be expecting for a mint condition one at least?
    5. could i sell it off for parts?
    6. would parting it off or selling it as a whole be faster?

thx guys... i hv no idea how to get rid of my car =(
    and on another note, this is NOT a post of me trying to sell my car on this forum so pls dont ban me =P just trying to get some information as to HOW to sell off my car, thx =)

Craigslist dude... Lots of takers..

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116662

Comment

if i were to put it up on craigslist, what kind of price range should i set it around?

Comment

Originally posted by lowlife View Post
        if i were to put it up on craigslist, what kind of price range should i set it around?
        need to know some things first to answer

Miles?
        Pictures of interior and exterior? rust spots etc..
        these are things i look for when looking for a car if most of these things are good and has decent miles a person would consider it ...

^^MY OLD RIDE
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3052591 <<**CURRENT DA9 BUILD**

Comment

it has roughly 280,000km on it and the interior is pretty decent however the exterior is, like i said, been through quite a bit... the bumpers have quite a few scratches and marks and a small section of the back has started to rust however that is due to the part hving been ripped out by a hit-and-run many years ago..
          other problems with the car include:
          1. exhaust needing to be replaced before it can be aircared for insurance
          2. driver side window does not close properly if opened
          3. rear right side passenger window does not open past halfway

other then that everything else is in working condition.
          1. front tires have recently been replaced
          2. engine has been recently serviced (oil change, flush, air filter, transmission fluids, etc)

thx for the help everyone =)

Comment

From the sounds of it, you might get $1000. If it needs work, especially cosmetically, it's going to be tough sell.

Comment

Originally posted by lowlife View Post
              it has roughly 280,000km on it and the interior is pretty decent however the exterior is, like i said, been through quite a bit... the bumpers have quite a few scratches and marks and a small section of the back has started to rust however that is due to the part hving been ripped out by a hit-and-run many years ago..
              other problems with the car include:
              1. exhaust needing to be replaced before it can be aircared for insurance
              2. driver side window does not close properly if opened
              3. rear right side passenger window does not open past halfway

other then that everything else is in working condition.
              1. front tires have recently been replaced
              2. engine has been recently serviced (oil change, flush, air filter, transmission fluids, etc)

thx for the help everyone =)
              Does it run?

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116662

Comment

you said rear passenger right side does this mean its a right hand drive??

btw post sum pics
                to achieve a Fuck, you must first give a Fuck
                Follow me on twitter @tru_whitetrash

Comment

depends how bad the exterior is and how it runs mechanically $800-1000 obo

^^MY OLD RIDE
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3052591 <<**CURRENT DA9 BUILD**

Comment

Originally posted by acc0rd_adicti0n View Post
                    you said rear passenger right side does this mean its a right hand drive??

btw post sum pics
                    No... hes said REAR RIGHT side passenger. so its the back seat, to the right.

Comment

If you do sell on craigslist, exercise caution. Scammers like to use fake cashier's checks to defraud you among other methods.

"The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise. Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse."-Henry David Thoreau

Comment

yeah the car works... it runs just fine actually... im quite sad to hv to sell it =(
                        there are lots of minor problems but nothing that affects the actually driving of the car.
                        i'll post some pics up tmr morning... its too much hassle to drive over to my grandparent's place to take some pics
                        i've put up a posting already but i've nvr actually used craigslist to buy OR sell anything so what should i expect?
                        Last edited by lowlife; 10-21-2008, 12:10 AM.

Comment

craigslist!!
                          autotrader

Comment

kijiji
                            DEVOTE

Comment

Originally posted by lokuputha View Post
                              kijiji
                              what does this mean?
                              its been only a few hours and i've already gotten quite a few emails from craigslist...
                              is there anything i should be aware of before i go ahead and contact them back?

Comment

Working...
                              X