Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Burnout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burnout

Do people really switch to second when doing a burnout?...

yup some even get to 5th gear

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
    Originally posted by deevergote.
    But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

people can, with enough power you could make it up a few gears. usually burn outs are either to have a smoke show or to warm up tires at the 1/4 mile. so if you're warming tires, you dont leave 1st gear, if you are doing a smoke show you usually stay in 1st so you can keep control of donuts, etc. but if you are trying to make a butt load of smoke, ive seen some guys floor first, shift into second, hold it for a bit, then shift into third to finish it off.

i mean, even ive burnt into third with a crappy '93 Colt, but it was raining (cheating i know)

Comment

4th 3rd 2nd 1st doesn't really matter.... while manual you use clutch....auto....you shift from N to D4 or D3...etc....I think shifting straight to 1st gives it a lil of a bumb....start...2nd to me is slow....d3 d4 is the same no difference...so honestly its just the way you drive that counts...

Originally posted by deevergote
        .......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.

Comment

wow, just saw the video, thats awesome

Comment

Originally posted by turboAccordHSF View Post
            4th 3rd 2nd 1st doesn't really matter.... while manual you use clutch....auto....you shift from N to D4 or D3...etc....I think shifting straight to 1st gives it a lil of a bumb....start...2nd to me is slow....d3 d4 is the same no difference...so honestly its just the way you drive that counts...
            Read up on how an auto tranny works.
            wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
              seriously, you dont shift on an auto..its an auto, you just limit what gear it can go too

Comment

well i know for a fact that in a 1/4 mile race i don't manualy burn out in my auto i just slow idle and floor it and it naturaly burns out....now what i was trying to say doing a complete burn out on a auto you shift from N to 1st and all i got was a bumbe and a bunch of smoke going in the from the the front windows....your telling me to read up on how a auto tranny works? why?....its an auto i just let it be...

.......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.

Comment

well i know for a fact that in a 1/4 mile race i don't manualy burn out in my auto i just slow idle and floor it and it naturaly burns out....now what i was trying to say doing a complete burn out on a auto you shift from N to 1st and all i got was a bumbe and a bunch of smoke going in the from the the front windows....your telling me to read up on how a auto tranny works? why?....its an auto i just let it be...
                  if you're encouraging a neutral drop you know nothing about cars.

once again, go read up on how auto transmissions work. maybe even take one apart after you fuck it up

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord View Post
                    if you're encouraging a neutral drop you know nothing about cars.

once again, go read up on how auto transmissions work. maybe even take one apart after you fuck it up
                    like to open big mouth i see.....ok why don't you tell me how a auto works then bro?...

i've burn out neutral(N) to D4 or D3...etc for two years the only negative thing i got out of it was the fact that i need a new set of tires....i never seen a trans failure due to burning out?....if its true then prove me wrong and i will stand corrected.....

Comment

like to open big mouth i see.....ok why don't you tell me how a auto works then bro?...

i've burn out neutral(N) to D4 or D3...etc for two years the only negative thing i got out of it was the fact that i need a new set of tires....i never seen a trans failure due to burning out?....if its true then prove me wrong and i will stand corrected.....
                      If you really knew how a transmission worked, you would know that is horrible for your clutch packs, and the whole thing overall.

Like I said, read up, educate yourself.
                      wat?

Comment

i just keep laughing at this D3 or D4 business, why would you choose D3 over D4 dropping from neutral, im curious.

Comment

the video was pretty awesome =]

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

i'm not telling you how an auto transmission works because quite honestly, you seem to ignorant to even want to learn.

the proof is all out there, open up a coil pack, and look at the friction disks in an auto transmission that has been neutral dropped and hasn't been. and tell me that its not bad for it. and that sjust one of the things that can go wrong in there.

once again, read up and learn about auto transmissions.

to the orignal poster, the best way for you to try and spin the tires in an automatic is to stall the torque converter.

put it in drive and hold down the brake and the gas, this will raise the rpm to about 2500 or so, then quickly let off the brakes, thats your safest bet.

Comment

If you really knew how a transmission worked, you would know that is horrible for your clutch packs, and the whole thing overall.

Like I said, read up, educate yourself.
                              I'm no master on the tranny side bro i literally burn out by flooring it on a stop.....all i said was neutral drop to drive makes a complete burn out witch i know it does cuz i done it before but knowing it can harm my tranny it was always in my head, i just love to make my tires smoke,....maybe i'm just trying to fuck up my tranny so i can go manual 'if its not broken then don't fix it' "Gotz Cb7".........but hey if its negative advise i'll take it back.....but think i ain't the only fucken one that does it....

p.s no offense to you C91BLX7..not trying to talk ****

Comment

Working...
                              X