Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

sponsorship advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sponsorship advice

well i submitted a app for team scp1 dey wanted to sponsor me but my question is wat do u guyz think how can i balance skool work then still attend events plus i heard alot about fake sponsors so wat would u do
    BREATHonda

Someone move this to off topic.

I wouldn't want to get my car sponsored if I have to rock 35,000 stickers. I'll take the free parts any day though.
    1993 Accord EX
    2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Originally posted by breathonda View Post
      well i submitted a app for team scp1 dey wanted to sponsor me but my question is wat do u guyz think how can i balance skool work then still attend events plus i heard alot about fake sponsors so wat would u do

What did they offer you in the way of sponsorship? Based on your other posts, you need some work on your car still. Hell, you've gotten a quote for $5000 in body repair and paint. Have they seen the car? A lot of sponsorships are scams, they want you to pay them some cash for "fees" or something, you get some stickers and that's the end of your deal.

And there seems to be a movement on the site to stop the style of writing you're using to post: "wat" "dey" "guyz" "skool". If you continue, people will start flaming about it. It isn't any harder to spell things correctly than it is to spell them intentionally wrong.

Comment

?

And there seems to be a movement on the site to stop the style of writing you're using to post: "wat" "dey" "guyz" "skool". If you continue, people will start flaming about it. It isn't any harder to spell things correctly than it is to spell them intentionally wrong.[/QUOTE]

How old are you visualpoet? JW
        Quit hatin

Comment

39, and if you were reading as many posts as I am around here, you'd have seen it. It's not hating at all. It makes it easier for those of us who are trying to help diagnose problems and give advice. I understand what's being said in these posts, but if you'd been reading around the site, you'd see that these type of posts are getting flamed. A lot of the OG's are tired of trying to decipher poorly spelled, un-punctuated posts with horrible grammar. It's one thing if someone actually can't spell or really does have an I.Q. below 100, but 90% of the time it's intentionally done to appear cool or street. All it really does is make the person doing it look... uneducated.

I'm really not hating. Just trying to help the OP keep from getting burned.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
            What did they offer you in the way of sponsorship? Based on your other posts, you need some work on your car still. Hell, you've gotten a quote for $5000 in body repair and paint. Have they seen the car? A lot of sponsorships are scams, they want you to pay them some cash for "fees" or something, you get some stickers and that's the end of your deal.

And there seems to be a movement on the site to stop the style of writing you're using to post: "wat" "dey" "guyz" "skool". If you continue, people will start flaming about it. It isn't any harder to spell things correctly than it is to spell them intentionally wrong.
            Originally posted by mexicanVTEC View Post
            Quit hatin[/QUOTE]

39, and if you were reading as many posts as I am around here, you'd have seen it. It's not hating at all. It makes it easier for those of us who are trying to help diagnose problems and give advice. I understand what's being said in these posts, but if you'd been reading around the site, you'd see that these type of posts are getting flamed. A lot of the OG's are tired of trying to decipher poorly spelled, un-punctuated posts with horrible grammar. It's one thing if someone actually can't spell or really does have an I.Q. below 100, but 90% of the time it's intentionally done to appear cool or street. All it really does is make the person doing it look... uneducated.

I'm really not hating. Just trying to help the OP keep from getting burned.
            I agree with you 100% VP, mexican you have know idea what hating obviously is. Seriously what kind of question is this...hmm sponsorship or skool. OBVIOUSLY more skool is needed, and its apparent by his spelling skills. Who in there right mind would let someone go out and talk about there krew with such horrible spelling and ebonics. Its also been now said that he obviously needs more work done to the car, so who sponsors a beater? Last I checked not many.

Good Luck to you and your car, but stay in school and drop the sponsorship idea.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
            So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

Originally posted by mexicanVTEC View Post
              Quit hatin[/QUOTE]

I agree with him 100%.

I am 19.
              Gary A.K.A. Carter
              [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Improper English makes Baby Jeebus cry.

Comment

The drop out rates must be pretty high lately.
                  wat?

Comment

guys seriously, the kid obviously just wants some advise about sponsorships and some help on his decisions on how to balance everything out. So what he uses ebonical grammer in order to shorten his wording. Many people do it all the time and a good 93% of those people are highly educated and just talk that way because its easier for them (for some reason).

Breathe,
                    dont worry about being sponsored yet bro you have plenty of time for that.... work on your car little by little and watch it come together by your own time,blood, sweat, and tears and you'll appreciate the car so much more than if its getting payed to be worked on by other means...
                    DELTA CAM GROUP BUY
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSbCQuhAnNcla gringa pt.1
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMz-F2saG_ola gringa pt.2

Comment

Originally posted by MclovinRR View Post
                      guys seriously, the kid obviously just wants some advise about sponsorships and some help on his decisions on how to balance everything out. So what he uses ebonical grammer in order to shorten his wording. Many people do it all the time and a good 93% of those people are highly educated and just talk that way because its easier for them (for some reason).

Breathe,
                      dont worry about being sponsored yet bro you have plenty of time for that.... work on your car little by little and watch it come together by your own time,blood, sweat, and tears and you'll appreciate the car so much more than if its getting payed to be worked on by other means...

No, they talk like that because they think it makes them "interwebz kool". I do appreciate your 93% statistic though! lol
                      This kid has serious work to do to his ride - he has an estimate for $5000 in bodywork and paint. I can buy a PRISTINE cb7 for less. He asked for help. I offered him some. This is a bogus sponsorship offer. No one legitimately sponsors a car that needs $5000 in body and paint work.

Comment

No, they talk like that because they think it makes them "interwebz kool". I do appreciate your 93% statistic though! lol
                        This kid has serious work to do to his ride - he has an estimate for $5000 in bodywork and paint. I can buy a PRISTINE cb7 for less. He asked for help. I offered him some. This is a bogus sponsorship offer. No one legitimately sponsors a car that needs $5000 in body and paint work.
                        yeah thats true.... i think it may be those "sponsorship" adds on myspace that pop up once and a while.....
                        DELTA CAM GROUP BUY

Comment

Those "Get Sponsored" programs DO work, but only when you play their game... it's not a matter of signing up and getting free stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                            Those "Get Sponsored" programs DO work, but only when you play their game... it's not a matter of signing up and getting free stuff.
                            how so??? just wondering
                            DELTA CAM GROUP BUY

Comment

Working...
                            X