Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Just drove a F226!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just drove a F226!!

Man i drove my buddies 93 accord with the f226 under tha hood and it was like heaven..... i am ust to the f22a1 i guess the f22a6 has more horsepower than the f22b because my homie has a 95 cb with a f22b and his wont burnout, but that damn f22a6 burnt rubber like it was nothing...completely stock...Is the h22a more powerful than tha f22a6?? if so i cant wait till i do my h swap

yes the h22 has more power but a healthy f22a6 is definately fun

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe View Post
      yes the h22 has more power but a healthy f22a6 is definately fun
      his car has 216k...i guess im just ust to the f22a1...whats the hp difference

Comment

If I recall correctly an h22 will have about 60ish more hp than an f22, butdont quote me on that...

Comment

Originally posted by Medikerik View Post
          If I recall correctly an h22 will have about 60ish more hp than an f22, butdont quote me on that...
          f22a1 brand new is 125
          f22a6 brand new is 140
          h22a brand new is 190

Comment

f22a6 thats the old engine i had for my EX-R but replaced it with my new jdm h22a and new h22 trans cuz the f22a6 was strong with 236 thousand but trans was goin bad

H22A SICKNESS!

Comment

the h22 is just like the f22a6 up untill about 6000rpm after that... its a whole new ball game

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
              Originally posted by deevergote.
              But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by accord2nr81 View Post
                the h22 is just like the f22a6 up untill about 6000rpm after that... its a whole new ball game
                really??? so is the h22a swap even necessary??? why not just get a f22a6, put a h23 intake on it and aem headers

Comment

the preferred term is header, because f22a has I4 engine (inline-four) and any inline engine has only one header. im not trying to mean or anything just lettin ya know. A h23 upper plenum matched with the f22a6 runners is a great upgrade. Along with a header and exhaust to back it up. The f22a6 will be fun, but you wont keep up with a h22. Now if you get 2.5 exhaust with a bisimoto st.2 cam, and a h23 trans or h22, i think it would be a great match!

Comment

Originally posted by H22A91CB7 View Post
                    really??? so is the h22a swap even necessary??? why not just get a f22a6, put a h23 intake on it and aem headers
                    because your not going to get a 60hp gain from just a header, H23 IM, and exhaust.

if you want the H then get it man. dont rely on anyone else's opinion but yours. you'll be driving after all. if you want you can boost the F22a and get that gain if not more for less money

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                      because your not going to get a 60hp gain from just a header, H23 IM, and exhaust.

if you want the H then get it man. dont rely on anyone else's opinion but yours. you'll be driving after all. if you want you can boost the F22a and get that gain if not more for less money
                      how do i go about boosting

Comment

becuase i have that plus more and i still dont beat the H22's. i can keep up with them pretty well and i can hang real close to GSR's.

Comment

It depends on your goals. A f22a6 is indeed fun over a a1/a4 because of the butterflies. When those open up it gives the car a little more stronger pull. Now if you had a JDM F22a silvertop, thats a different story. HyphyAccord had one and that felt like it pulled stronger than my old a6. Definitely the jdm compression played a roll too and helped the power since the 140hp a6 was never offered in Japan until the late special edition US Exclusive 2.2i's sedans,coupes, and wagons came out there.

Now imagine a H22a with the same intake manifold stock + vtec on top of that. Just like ^ said after 5400rpm (or whatever your vtec is set at) Stock is anywhere 5400-5500 (V-AFC told me the hi-cam changed at 5430rpm on mine) it's a whole different ballgame.

Putting a h23 intake? or manifold? In reality you won't gain TOO much. But if you want, u can convert your a1/a4 engine to F22a6 specs by changing the ECU, Cam, and intake manifold to the f22a6/h23 dual runner setup.

Don't quote me but people say the a1 or a4? If i remember right had the best oem construction design over the a6.

If you can afford to, go H22a and you will be happy you did. The difference between a single cam a6 versus a h22a is a night and day difference.
                          Last edited by Warudakumi; 10-06-2008, 08:31 PM.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
                          JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
                          1994 Prelude V-Tec
                          1999 CL 3.0
                          2000 Prelude
                          2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
                          1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
                          1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
                          1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

with a F22A6 and h23 intake, headers willnot be enough to run with a h22.
                            A h22 swap will be worth it over a f22 anyday.

Comment

Originally posted by Warudakumi View Post
                              It depends on your goals. A f22a6 is indeed fun over a a1/a4 because of the butterflies. When those open up it gives the car a little more stronger pull. Now if you had a JDM F22a silvertop, thats a different story. HyphyAccord had one and that felt like it pulled stronger than my old a6. Definitely the jdm compression played a roll too and helped the power since the 140hp a6 was never offered in Japan until the late special edition US Exclusive 2.2i's came out there.

Now imagine a H22a with the same intake manifold stock + vtec on top of that. Just like ^ said after 5400rpm (or whatever your vtec is set at) Stock is anywhere 5400-5500 (V-AFC told me the hi-cam changed at 5430rpm on mine) it's a whole different ballgame.

Putting a h23 intake? or manifold? In reality you won't gain TOO much. But if you want, u can convert your a1/a4 engine to F22a6 specs by changing the ECU, Cam, and intake manifold to the f22a6/h23 dual runner setup.

Don't quote me but people say the a1 or a4? If i remember right had the best oem construction design over the a6.

If you can afford to, go H22a and you will be happy you did. The difference between a single cam a6 versus a h22a is a night and day difference.

Comment

Working...
                              X