Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

skyline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lo-specials View Post
    It's a bad ass car imo, but I'm more excited about the new NSX which will probably be released in the year 2378 or whatever

There's a site here in holland and I've read so many articles about it that I'm getting tired of the GT-R.

Did you ever see the size of it?

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
    Yeah, they're massive. It weighs as much as my Grand Prix... which is an extremely large car (also a 3.8L engine, with forced induction... that's where the similarities stop, though! )

thats the problem i have with it tho. its freakin huge. turns me off from it. i mean i wouldnt mind seeing one, just like i wouldnt mind seeing a R34 because i rarely see them. but its too big in my book

Comment

my neighbor owns a 73 skyline. ill post pics when i get a chance. that car is effin beautiful. i nearly nut in my pants every time i see it.

Comment

I would LOVE one of those... Those old ones are hard to get out of Japan. The GT-R models are damn near impossible (I've heard stories of people getting their lives threatened for trying... dunno if they're true)

I honestly see some merit in every Skyline model... even the original Prince offerings (though they got cooler when Datsun/Nissan took over)

Comment

its a pretty big car, but in person it doesnt look soo bad.

just gotta remember every bit of that car is more aero dynamic (& functional) then the r34 and previous versions.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
            Yeah, but you put the after your statement, which suggests you're unhappy with the change to a V6... His point was that there was likely a very good reason for it (and I'd have to agree... even though I do find the I6 to hold a certain charm!)
            The "" Was there to represent my thoughts on not being a skyline. That means my chances of getting one are even worse.

It's like hearing about my favorite TV show being taken off the air. Now everything is collectible...

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33 View Post
              yah..booo hooo hooo, it does the ring in 7:26 with its "V6". I dont understand why people are so obsessed with the motor orientation and location in the car. The goal is to be as fast as possible, i think the engineers at Nissan might actually know what they are doing.
              7:29.

ZR-1 ran it in 7:26.

Viper ACR ran it in 7:rediculously low number.
              Originally posted by sweet91accord
              if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

ZOMG, it looks like the GT-R is ready to eat the R34 GT-R!

saw a black one last month, filling up his tank with Shell V-Power. I just laughed at the amount he filled up.

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                Honda Accord Euro-R
                Honda Odyssey Absolute
                Honda City I-DSi
                Honda Stream

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
                  7:29.

ZR-1 ran it in 7:26.

Viper ACR ran it in 7:rediculously low number.
                  I know it's nuts. i read in a mag today that with the $115k price tag cime the ZR1 and a trip to Pheonix to go to a High Performance Driving school completely paid for by chevy....

NUTS! also it said 0-60 in 3.4 seconds well before its recommended to shift into second!

I <3 Chevy

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
                    0-60 in 3.4 seconds well before its recommended to shift into second!

Underground.Society
                    Originally posted by Deevergote
                    If it doesn't really matter... shut the fuck up and let it be.

Comment

HOLY DAMN it's BIG...

still kicks ass
                      ____

Comment

Actually, it is about 3900 lbs, which is about 300lbs MORE than your GTP.

It is also quite large in person. People are turned off by the size of the Accord coupe? Welcome to the Accord coupe with AWD. It isn't a bad looking car, and it certainly is fast, but it is too heavy, and too big.

The next NSX should be just slighly larger than the old one, despite offering more power and just as advanced technology.

Presently, I dislike the trend of increasing hugeness from all brands.
                        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post

Presently, I dislike the trend of increasing hugeness from all brands.
                          yea some automakers are taking the "go big or go home" saying literally.

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2 View Post
                            yea some automakers are taking the "go big or go home" saying literally.
                            I can sort of understand it for sedans and such, but not for full on sports cars. The classic recipe has ALWAYS been high HP, light weight, and small size.
                            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
                            X