Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Question about insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about insurance

ok, newbie here...go easy

I have owned about 20 Hondas in my life, the newest one i think was a 95.

I currently have a cb7, with 90,000 miles on it that I would love to start putting some money into. But I was wondering how the insurance would work, since the blue book on our car is a little under 2 grand now.

I mean, if i just get some body work done and get it painted im looking at 2 grand. If someone hits me and takes off (which is common in this area) is my insurance company going to laugh at me?

Im interested in everyones view...but please be serious
    I should have married an ugly woman

It depends on what kind of insurance you have. And if it's full coverage, liability, etc. I know some companies allow you to pay more to cover your parts in case something happened. For the most part tho you're on your own, I look at it as taking a risk putting alot of money into a car, cause you're never going to get the full amount out of it. Good luck!
    My Cb7 --->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=112581

Comment

As long as you have full coverage they should take care of it... but why put full on a nearly 20 year old car? You can also get uninsured motorist coverage as well... at least you can here in SoCal where there are a lot of people who do not have insurance.

But either way you are paying for a service and should get things taken care of.

Sold, but not forgotten.

Comment

keep all reciepts of the aftermarket mods you did. they should at least rememburse you for that but not for the labor putting them. thats what i have been told.

most people her i seen that got a wreck end up buying the car back from the junk yard or strip the car before the insurance get it and sell the after market stuff.
        1991 White Accord LX 5-speed aka Lil' Red

Comment

you've got a 15 year old honda. it isn't exactly a classic car. so yes, your insurance company will laugh at you.

drive defensively.

'93 Accord EX, 140hp <My 4 cylinder toys> '04 R1, 160RWHP

Comment

Originally posted by Junk View Post
            you've got a 15 year old honda. it isn't exactly a classic car. so yes, your insurance company will laugh at you.

drive defensively.
            you also have the companies that insure only collector cars and customised cars. they are listed in magazines like Hemmings,Old Car Trader and the like.

why don't you talk to your insurance company and ask if they have a collector car program. it doesn't hurt to call them
            http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Yea, pretty much...if you wreck it and it's your fault, you're screwed. If it's the other persons fault, you'll most likely just get 3/4 of the car's value or whatever. I think about this everyday. My dad owned a 1992 25th anniversary RS Camaro, and a Neon hit him in an intersection. It was her fault, AND the car was already paid off, and he STILL had full-coverage, and the damage was too much. 1 Air bag, is worth 1500 dollars to fix/replace. They just gave him the 2500 bucks, and told him to have a nice day.
              98' Mustang 3V Swap
              11' VW CC R36

Comment

I have full coverage on my 99 mk3 vw jetta it was just in a wreck my wife was driving an it was her fault. My insurance paid for there car to get fixed and then told me to take my car to three body shops of my choice to see how much it would cost to fix. They all said like ruffly off the top of my head was like $1500.00 to $2000.00 for a bumper, fender,headlight and then to repaint it. And all i had to do was pay my deductable which is $250.00 so i think i got off light. And yet to see my insurance jump up i guess it's all up to what kind of coverage you get or got hope this helps!

Comment

Full coverage will cover up to the value of the car, or near it, and then write it off as a loss. If someone breaks all your windows, steals all your electronics, slashes your tires, and makes dents and scratches on every panel... even if the car is still totally straight and drivable, they'll probably write it off. It'd cost WELL over the value of the car to have that all fixed!

As far as modifications go, you can contact the insurance company. Say "My $2000 car now has $4000 worth of parts, modifications, and paint done to it". They'll charge you more to insure it as a $6000 car, I'm sure. They'll gladly take your money. The whole point of insurance is to gamble... they're taking your money, expecting you to never need them to do anything.

If you just pay insurance for a 92 Accord, they wont' give a damn what's done to it. It's a 92 Accord. $1500-$2000... and then it's junk.

Comment

Yea, it doesn't matter what kind of insurance is had. If the damage cost more than the car's value, they'll just give you the value. Or, what you could do....is take the value of the car they give you, find a cheap place to get repairs done, and dish out the extra cash outta your pocket, but the title will become an R-Title.
                    98' Mustang 3V Swap
                    11' VW CC R36

Comment

i find car modifying a total loss...so i just take the loss.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                      X