Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

thinkin outa the box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thinkin outa the box

Has anyone tried to run a pipe off the a/c out put into the intake just a thought! i mean cooler air dose mean more power lol!

Originally posted by accordinated View Post
    Has anyone tried to run a pipe off the a/c out put into the intake just a thought! i mean cooler air dose mean more power lol!
    wont work, because the A/C is a pressurized system...

Comment

I think he means from the cabin side of the HVAC duct work, so you'd be blowing low pressure cooled air into the intake. I think it's a lot of work for no reward.

Comment

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
        Originally posted by Jarrett
        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

not enough pressure... now if you get some super duper cold GM ac pump that will freeze u in an instant and then have a super duper high power fan that puts out oooo lets say at least 12 pounds per inch of pressure then you got boot!
          1991 White Accord LX 5-speed aka Lil' Red

Comment

theres an kit for that already , its called cryo somthing seen it at an speed shop near me .

I like the "suck me slowly" part. Thats my favorite.

Comment

u know i don't blame ya i acually thought it be a good idea a few years ago.

you are better off getting a high power leaf blower and running nitrious off that then you will get noticeiable gains.
              1991 White Accord LX 5-speed aka Lil' Red

Comment

meh, just run a velocity stack outside the car.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Cryo2 is not the same thing, it is a cO2 injection into the airstream.

Comment

also if you are thinking of say...running intake so the air passes over your evaporator (the a/c part that makes the air cold) before hitting the engine...that won't work either, the air flow is too fast...you actually get cooler air the slower the air passes over the evaporator...when it goes fast over it...it isn't in contact long enough to get cold
                    ____

Comment

even if you DID get some kind of gain, it would be completely nullilfied by the parasitic effect of the compressor. Let's put this idea back in the box, shall we?

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Seems like I saw something like that a while back on YouTube. I think it was an Integra, guy ran an intake pipe into the cabin so they could hear it hit Vtec and then decided to shoot the air from the A/C into the pipe.

Comment

Working...
                        X