Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

fuck the police?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well when it comes to air filters in cali, dont they have to be carb approved or something like that? just smog reasons. i remember a cop tried giving me a ticket for a working license plate light. he was a nice dude but jack ass at the same time. he was like."if i write you this ticket, will you get that fixed?". So i said, "Can i look at them first?". he agreed, so i put on my lights and BAM! they were on. so he didn't write me the ticket after that and drove off. over here the cops follow you for miles before they pull you over AND they never get next to you at a light. they are alway a car behind you even in the other lane(which is logical lol). This one cop wanted to put 5 of us in jail becuz we took the wrong turn and entered a cemetery on accident. good thing his superior was there

no
    Accord turbo kit under $2k here
    $30 HID kits here Thread
    "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
    "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Originally posted by Law Grandeur View Post
      well when it comes to air filters in cali, dont they have to be carb approved or something like that? just smog reasons. i remember a cop tried giving me a ticket for a working license plate light. he was a nice dude but jack ass at the same time. he was like."if i write you this ticket, will you get that fixed?". So i said, "Can i look at them first?". he agreed, so i put on my lights and BAM! they were on. so he didn't write me the ticket after that and drove off. over here the cops follow you for miles before they pull you over AND they never get next to you at a light. they are alway a car behind you even in the other lane(which is logical lol). This one cop wanted to put 5 of us in jail becuz we took the wrong turn and entered a cemetery on accident. good thing his superior was there
      What ??? day by day alot of these type of cops start surfacing and its not just here but its all over...I guess they should really learn to leave their problems at the door, do their jobs and guit pestering folks who arent doing anything wrong.
      accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
      ....................My New Baby
      SOLD TO
      ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

I love the SMPD. Theyre too busy worrying about real stuff like underage drinking/drugs/loudass college parties/duis to give modified cars trouble.
        To-Do List for Today
        Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by helofast View Post
          Being pulled over isn't what made me mad, its the fact that I did not know of those mods being a problem, and instead of being calm about the situation and informing, the last cop treats me like a criminal and is absolutely rude.
          Ignorance is not an excuse... not of the laws of your town, nor of the rules of this forum. Just because you didn't know doesn't mean that the cops should excuse you. In fact, that's PROBABLY the reason why they were so irritated with you. It's frustrating when someone is too lazy to know, understand, and follow the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by MadSpleen85 View Post
            Yeah let's single out an entire profession because of the actions of a few bad apples. There are bad apples in EVERY profession out there. So in your philosophy anyone who has a job is a dick in a dick factory.

Some of it is common sense... If you tint your taillights you are cutting down on the distance that a vehicle behind you has to realize that you are on the brakes.

A car that is overly bouncy is dangerous, whether its a big pickup truck or a little Honda Accord. A bouncy ride, around here anyways, is usaully a sign of cut springs which ARE illegal in some states, because of the danger they pose.

You do not have to open your hood or trunk for the Police, IN MOST STATES, some have different and more strict laws that require you to comply with an open the hood request from an officer.

Your choice of a title for this thread shows your maturity level, and I am sure that lack of maturity is what led the officers that you had contact with to act as they did. If you give the officer respect, he/she will give you the same back.

Best thing you can do to prevent this from happening again is do a little research before modifying your car. Research your local and state law's when it comes to modifying a vehicle. Take your car to a Police station and ask to have it inspected for legality. It's best to do the research ahead of time though, that way you save your time and money by not installing something that is illegal for the jurisdiction that you are in.

EDIT: I am curious what the deal is with this air filter violation. I am not familiar with all of the codes and laws of different jurisdictions when it comes to air filters
            I understand what you are saying, I was very cooperative with the officers, not resisting or acting bad.

Regarding the air filter, its a autozone air filter being in place of the stock air box.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
              Ignorance is not an excuse... not of the laws of your town, nor of the rules of this forum. Just because you didn't know doesn't mean that the cops should excuse you. In fact, that's PROBABLY the reason why they were so irritated with you. It's frustrating when someone is too lazy to know, understand, and follow the rules.
              You're right, but its hard to think else wise when you see so many cars on the street with tinted taillights, and a bunch of other modifications.

Just to be safe about my suspension, does anybody know if there is a limit on how low your car can be from the ground(CA)?

Comment

Originally posted by accordtypeR View Post
                What ??? day by day alot of these type of cops start surfacing and its not just here but its all over...I guess they should really learn to leave their problems at the door, do their jobs and guit pestering folks who arent doing anything wrong.
                true that man. funny cuz on obt the hookers come out in perfect view getting picked up and dropped off and the cops dont do anything. i swear i could get me a hooker today and i'd be fine....among other things

no
                Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                $30 HID kits here Thread
                "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Originally posted by helofast View Post
                  You're right, but its hard to think else wise when you see so many cars on the street with tinted taillights, and a bunch of other modifications.

Just to be safe about my suspension, does anybody know if there is a limit on how low your car can be from the ground(CA)?
                  As for seeing other cars with similar mods, there are only so many Police officers.

A universal "your car can't be any lower then this height" would be nearly impossible to enforce.

I do not believe that your ride height is what got theses 3 different Officer's attention. From what you said earlier it sounds like the "bouncy ride" is what got you in their cross-hairs. Again I highly doubt there is a Spring Rate requirement, simply because it would be impossible to enforce at the street level. Talk to a REPUTABLE car shop, or even better a Police Officer (since the Police are the one's writing the tickets).

Whether or not to stop a vehicle is purely Officer discretion. He/she can choose to do their job to the "T" and stop any vehicle that they see with a violation or they can decide that there are more important things to do then stop somone for something minor. State law, like requiring a front plate is not usually something that is overlooked. Along with clearly dangerous modifications, like darkly tinted taillights that are difficult to see from a distance or what appears to be a ride that is excessivly bouncy.
                  Last edited by MadSpleen85; 06-29-2008, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MadSpleen85 View Post
                    A universal "your car can't be any lower then this height" would be nearly impossible to enforce.
                    Usually bumper or headlight height, investigation by tape measure, enforcement by ticket.
                    2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
                    Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
                    1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB View Post
                      Usually bumper or headlight height, investigation by tape measure, enforcement by ticket.
                      Even with that there are so many variables and vehicles with adjustable ride height. I am sure a good attorney could pick that ticket to pieces unless the law/ordinance was VERY carefully written.

Comment

Lol I believe in Texas the bottom of the car can't be lower then the bottom of the rim itself. So pretty much anything goes here lol

Comment

Didn't even bother reading the thread, but the title is enough

SOLD!!
                          Boosted H22
                          375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Working...
                          X