Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

swap or no swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

swap or no swap?

i have a 90 DX sedan. bone stock F22 a1, except i have the A4 header and downpipe connected to a gutted converter. i want to get get the power in the H22 range, about 200 give or take. this is a daily driver so i need reliability, so i don't want anything too radical. so whats the easiest way to go about this? can i build my F22 fairly easily and cheap, or would it be better all around just to go for the H22 swap?

swap

Comment

Well, it's really up to you. Arguable, swaping an H is more reliable than performance building a NA F, because performance parts tend to sacrifice some reliability. And dollar for dollar, an H is probably the way to go. Getting that 70 HP out of your tired A4 is going to be a lot more time, money and energy than putting in an H. Also, I have heard reports *unconfirmed* that H's slightly improve gas mileage over stock F. Dunno for sure, but that's word on the street.

However, you really need to be competent mechnically to perform the swap yourself unless your paying someone else.

Really, its up to you: Can you swap? If not, can you pay to have someone else swap?

OR
      Do you want the fun and excitement of building a high power F? If it were my car, I'd N/A build my F. But that's just me.

Have fun!

PS Don't ask stupid questions, learn to search and read MORE than you type!

Proud owner of the only JJDM full 2.5" catback exhaust!

Comment

Originally posted by tomas View Post
        swap
        x2

yo tsx, here i come

Comment

Originally posted by newaccord View Post
          x2
          x3
          200SX SE-R w/ turbo lowport & S4 cams
          Versa SL 6 speed

Comment

Originally posted by 2dr_sentra View Post
            x3
            x4. Yeah I say swap it too

Comment

Just go with the swap............

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

do the swap trust me you will get better results / swap it

Comment

I would say swap it.

Comment

i've been stuck in the same dilemma for a few months now. i've decided to stay with the n/a F22 because of a pull i did on a prelude just a few nights ago. CB running like crap (CEL i've just taken as my car needing an a6 manifold swap) it out ran the prelude from the light to about 80. just don't stick with a f22 gear box...they're much too long.

either way, good luck.
                    90 LX (R.I.P.) http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=137301
                    91 EX (DD) http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=142483

Comment

Moved to Off Topic because I didn't feel like deleting all the whoring going on in here. Sorry to the OP, as your question is valid.

Check out HondaFan81's "red" build for a fairly mild F22A in the H22A range. If you want to build the F22A cheap, then don't. Plan out what you want to do, and figure out the cheapest way to do it reliably. If you start with the idea of "cheap" in mind, you're going to get halfway done and give up, end up with a broken motor, or be very disappointed with your results.

The h22a is an easy alternative.

Regardless, replace that gutted cat with a working one. Not only are you destroying the air that we kinda like breathing, but it's actually HURTING your performance.

Comment

if you cant afford the h22, you can always opt for a f22b or h23 as well
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                        X