Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Trying to drive my car the "right" way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to drive my car the "right" way

So I've got plans to build a turbo motor... So I've been trying to drive my car for the last few days the way I would need to when I'm turboed... I try and start off nice and easy and shift around 2 grand so that I would keep the boost down... I do pretty good for a little while... But then I just can't help myself sometimes to just throw my foot completely into it... I know I know... I should have some sort of self control... But I can't help it... Anyone else have this problem? Where you try your best to drive the right way, but can't stop yourself sometimes from just getting on it? I dunno... Maybe I'm the only one... lol...
    Allison Stokke... Google her... Yeah

92 Accord Ex Sedan - Parting Out

H22 GT4088 CRX build coming soon

i was always like that before i had the wreck. i would just drop the gears and go it was so fun
    Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
    Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
    JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

lol... I've only been in one wreck, but I still can't keep my foot out of it... I do better with it when my son is in the car... But if it's just me... ITS ON!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tickleMYelmo
        lol... I've only been in one wreck, but I still can't keep my foot out of it... I do better with it when my son is in the car... But if it's just me... ITS ON!!!
        a lady hit me totaling my stick but i was just like you once a ricer finally caught up to me and acted liked they wanted to race i was long gone
        Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.

Comment

Originally posted by slick
          a lady hit me totaling my stick but i was just like you once a ricer finally caught up to me and acted liked they wanted to race i was long gone
          When ricers pull up beside me thinkin they're hot stuff I have to put them in their place and go all out lol... or when I got a gurlie with me and I wanna scare her a lil haha.. ..but I can control it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebb
            When ricers pull up beside me thinkin they're hot stuff I have to put them in their place and go all out lol... or when I got a gurlie with me and I wanna scare her a lil haha.. ..but I can control it.
            lol i know what you mean

Comment

LOL... So are you able to drive like a normal member of society any other time?

Comment

Originally posted by tickleMYelmo
                LOL... So are you able to drive like a normal member of society any other time?
                I have to admit.. I wasn't really able to at first when I got my car about 4-5 months ago.. but I need this car to last my a while so I've kinda forced myself to control it.. lol.. but hey I still drive slghtly over the speed limit.. not exactly a granny driver or anything lol

Comment

i got the problem of fstf (foot stuck to the floor).

The Race Car

Comment

i have too much lead in my diet and it all settles in my right foot

Comment

I have to admit.. I wasn't really able to at first when I got my car about 4-5 months ago.. but I need this car to last my a while so I've kinda forced myself to control it.. lol.. but hey I still drive slghtly over the speed limit.. not exactly a granny driver or anything lol
                      Ya... I've gotta get my car to last me awhile also... If I tear this thing up too bad I'm out a car... and it's my only transportation to work and school right now... lol... Hopefully I'll be able to fix my problem without any accidents or police getting involved (AGAIN)... lol... But I am glad that I'm not the only one with this problem...

Comment

i've been learning to control my speed urges. i'm doing pretty good, but if i havent driven my car in a while, sometimes i'll just hit the highway for the sheer hell of it!

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

you are putting a lot of stress on your engine if you are shifting at 2000rpm, unless you are going downhill

Comment

yea you might want to shift a little later like 3 - 3.5 grand....
                            but yea i blew my engine with the boost too...
                            it was boosted for about a month an then my rear main seal blew out on the highway an i didnt even realize all my oil came out until i blew a hole through my block ...

moral of the story = CHECK YOUR GAUGES OFTEN !
                            I sell slightly used tires for cheap, jus pm me what u need!

Hp sells cars, Tq wins races ....
                            - 95 Camaro (beast) TOTALED
                            - 92 Camaro RS (fixer-upper) SOLD
                            -92 Accord LX (slammed) SOLD
                            - 95 Jetta (VR-SEX) CURRENT DD

Comment

Originally posted by rexload
                              you are putting a lot of stress on your engine if you are shifting at 2000rpm, unless you are going downhill
                              I was going to say that same thing!

Shift around 3000. Unless you're going to use a VERY small turbo (which will be harmful to your engine) you should be able to keep out of boost around then anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X