Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What makes VTEC loud...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What makes VTEC loud...

I hear a lot of vtec cars and some sound so different. There is a video on you tube of a fully built b16 and the vtec is crazy on that thing, you hear the crossover like no other. On the H22 the crossover isn't as noticeable as lets say a GS-R. My friend had a 98 teg GSR and ebay I/H/E and after 4400 the vtec was so loud I could hear it like 100 yards away, so is there a special formula for make vtec loud, please enlighten me....
    Mr. $3 Dollahz Himself!

post video link i wanna hear it
    HIT ME UP IF YOU HAVE GREAT KNOWLEDGE OF RETROFITTING MINI H1'S IN EBAY ONE PIECES

Comment

a^2 + b^2 = c^2 is the formula.

Comment

Originally posted by npor
        a^2 + b^2 = c^2 is the formula.

tahhaha este way

*Needs*
        -New shocks
        -Struts
        -Drop
        -Cleaning
        -New Tires/Wheels
        -New Window Tint
        -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

Originally posted by 1991acclude
          I hear a lot of vtec cars and some sound so different. There is a video on you tube of a fully built b16 and the vtec is crazy on that thing, you hear the crossover like no other. On the H22 the crossover isn't as noticeable as lets say a GS-R. My friend had a 98 teg GSR and ebay I/H/E and after 4400 the vtec was so loud I could hear it like 100 yards away, so is there a special formula for make vtec loud, please enlighten me....
          that's what makes it louder...
          Yeah, Preludes

Originally posted by deevergote.
          Why can't people just search OT to see if someone else posted the same random thread?

Comment

lol to answer your question...you gotta work on your internals to do this...and im sure someone will follow me through er...finish what i mean.

edit: nvm what i said...im wrong. I dont deserve to live.
            Last edited by Djmoua; 04-05-2008, 06:07 PM.

*Needs*
            -New shocks
            -Struts
            -Drop
            -Cleaning
            -New Tires/Wheels
            -New Window Tint
            -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

I/H/E play a big factor, mine was more noticable with those upgrades, however when I had the head fully built and got oversized valves, holy crap, crossover is mean. Very, very loud.

JDMRIDES.ca

Comment

Nahh you guys don't know.. I'll tell you what makes it crying out loud. Your mama sitting on the hood. :P

NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

I swear my F22a1 has VTEC, like at 4k the tone changes! sounds awesome
                  wat?

Comment

I/H/E make ANY car loud. vtec or non vtec. They all amplify the engines notes.

The difference in the tons of each vtec engine are the differences between the lo cam profiles vs the hi cam profiles. The more they differ, the greater the sound difference at the cross over will be.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7

i know what you mean, before i got into this racing thing i tought my f22a4 had vtec because at about 4500rpm's the tone changed. but now i have a h and i wanna see how that goes, but i do agree with you on what you said B16's & b18's when the VTEC kicks in you could really notice it compared to the H in our cars.

Comment

x2

1991 Lx coupe........traded now I have nothing lol

Comment

its not just a tone that happens, in some cars most noticably the DOHC vtec motors you feel a "kick" when vtec is engaged.

Comment

white rice.

Comment

You're saying white rice changes the sound of an engine? Where is the swap thread for white rice, because I'm currently running on brown rice.

Comment

Working...
                              X