Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas

I was wondering does it even matter if i pump 91 gas in my cb7, because gas is getting damn to high and i see like bmw, lexus, benz pumping 87.

You can put 97, 89, 91, 93 it doesn't really matter, unless your car is tuned to have a specific octane

SOLD!!
    Boosted H22
    375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Should i be pumping 91 cause all i'm running is a h22 with some cam

Comment

Originally posted by 91hondacb7
        Should i be pumping 91 cause all i'm running is a h22 with some cam
        I know F22a is 87. I always here H22 is premium (91-93 octane I assume, might be 93 only though).
        Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

California has 91 as the highest.

And yes, with the H22, especially with mods, you should run 91. You should've known this before you even installed or modified the engine.

Comment

nah bought the car off my friend with all the mods he need to sell it so i pick it up, i also have a 92 cb7 which is just stock.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
              California has 91 as the highest.

And yes, with the H22, especially with mods, you should run 91. You should've known this before you even installed or modified the engine.

We also got 100 Octane at a few 76 stations. Like the one around the corner of my house, but at $7 a gallon i dunno if its worth it. Maybe Ill treat the car a tank on my bday.

Sold, but not forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by bacal36
                We also got 100 Octane at a few 76 stations. Like the one around the corner of my house, but at $7 a gallon i dunno if its worth it. Maybe Ill treat the car a tank on my bday.
                "treating the car" does nothing... 91 octane or better is used for engines with high compression, forced induction, or an abnormally high redline. It's not "the good stuff"... it's just a different chemical composition. Fuel companies are rather misleading when the call it "premium". For a stock or near-stock F22A, 87 octane is just fine.

100 octane gas at roadside stations is fairly interesting...

Comment

Yeah , putting a higher octane on a stock you not give you any benefits at all. It will only make you give donations to the gas station.

If you say your car runs smoother just because you filled her up with a higher octane , then it's all in your head.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                  1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                  2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                  2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                  2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                  2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

If you say your car runs smoother just because you filled her up with a higher octane , then it's all in your head.[/QUOTE]

ahah that is true it all in your head if you think it running smooth.

Comment

Oh well i guess i drive my stock one now since gas is a bitch and it take about 52buck to fill up my h22 accord

Comment

I disagree, you can run lower octane gas in your car. You will lose performance because your computer will compensate for the less knock resistance by retarding the timing, however. You won't get the full power out of the car, and all in all is not a good way to run the engine.

If you want to be cheap, though (like me), you just have to be conscious of your driving habits. You will avoid any problems by driving calmly, and then dropping some 93 in when you want to have fun
                        1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

can you run Trick (125) in an accord?

Comment

Originally posted by benji
                            I disagree, you can run lower octane gas in your car. You will lose performance because your computer will compensate for the less knock resistance by retarding the timing, however. You won't get the full power out of the car, and all in all is not a good way to run the engine.

If you want to be cheap, though (like me), you just have to be conscious of your driving habits. You will avoid any problems by driving calmly, and then dropping some 93 in when you want to have fun
                            Assuming the engine has a knock sensor. F22a doesn't and is rated for 87 anyways. And whenever I read/hear of octane tests for engines recommending 91+, they tend to lose enough MPG to make up the difference of the cheaper gas. Short version:RTFM
                            Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Originally posted by Otto
                              Assuming the engine has a knock sensor. F22a doesn't and is rated for 87 anyways. And whenever I read/hear of octane tests for engines recommending 91+, they tend to lose enough MPG to make up the difference of the cheaper gas. Short version:RTFM
                              I don't notice a difference in mileage. I dunno. It works for me, so as they say: Your mileage may vary (literally!)
                              1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

Working...
                              X