Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

how does 2" drop look like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CB7_AUST
    Hi..

Just wondering if someone can explain to me... why a car sits higher off the ground when its running 17/18" rims compared to the stock 15". When theoretically, the diameter and circumference of both the 15"+tire is the same as 17"+tire?

15" is smaller and with smaller tires
    17" is bigger and with bigger tires

Originally posted by jhondayaaj
    too bad seattle silver's are the best.
    ACCORD MEET MAY 29th 2010

Comment

Originally posted by nhia-cb7
      15" is smaller and with smaller tires
      17" is bigger and with bigger tires

Sorry but that doesnt really tell me anything...

Let me give you an example.

195/60/15 has circumference of 76.1 inches
      205/45/17 has circumference of 76.2 inches

Although they are almost identical circle sizes... a 17" on the accord looks like its much higher then stock height..

Comment

Although they are almost identical circle sizes... a 17" on the accord looks like its much higher then stock height..

there you go, you answer it

Originally posted by jhondayaaj
        too bad seattle silver's are the best.
        ACCORD MEET MAY 29th 2010

Comment

Both Accords in my sig have Skunk2 lowering springs that are 2.25".

The 94 has stock shocks (that are blown) and the 92 has Skunk2 struts.

1999 BMW M3
          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

i dont know how to describe it in technical words.

imagine you had 2 5 spoke rims right? 1 is 17 and 1 is 15...if you look at the spokes the 17 will have longer spokes on it.

now imagine where the hub is connected to the rims the middle where you put the lugs in..from that middle to the outer circle or the edge of the lip ( barrel of the rim) that part the 17 will be longer compared to a 15...thats what makes it taller the inner diameter from the hub to the outer circle which actually makes the car higher..not the whole diameter of of the tires.

kinda lame how i explained it but should be easy enough to understand.
            "as i ride the twisties of death,i shall fear no corner"

change da game...bosozoku honda's for the muthafuccin win!

www.tougesports.com

Comment

Originally posted by revzCB
              i dont know how to describe it in technical words.

imagine you had 2 5 spoke rims right? 1 is 17 and 1 is 15...if you look at the spokes the 17 will have longer spokes on it.

now imagine where the hub is connected to the rims the middle where you put the lugs in..from that middle to the outer circle or the edge of the lip ( barrel of the rim) that part the 17 will be longer compared to a 15...thats what makes it taller the inner diameter from the hub to the outer circle which actually makes the car higher..not the whole diameter of of the tires.

kinda lame how i explained it but should be easy enough to understand.

Soo... its like your comparing the radius of the two wheels? but like i said... doesnt the tires compensate for the radius difference between the two wheels? =S

Comment

There are a few factors involved, but what you're saying is right the diameter of both will be close enough, but when comparing the 2 the difference is the measurement from the axle nut to the ground and the stiffness of the sidewall on the tires. When comparing a 15" and 17" wheel, the measurement from the axle nut to the fender edge should be the same since that is how drops are measured.

If you put 17's on stock suspension the whole body lifts up, but if you measure the axle nut to the fender it'll be the same as the 15" wheel.

Comment

skunk2s usually go a lil over 2.5

Comment

just put on whatever looks good.........end of story..

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs92ex
                      Both Accords in my sig have Skunk2 lowering springs that are 2.25".

The 94 has stock shocks (that are blown) and the 92 has Skunk2 struts.

they look good....

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

do you have to get an alignment or camber if you drop 2"?

Comment

hi i am new to tha forum. i have a 90 cb7 and was wondering what would be the best way to drop my car, coilovers or lowering springs? thanks in advance for any help

Comment

Originally posted by taccord99
                            hi i am new to tha forum. i have a 90 cb7 and was wondering what would be the best way to drop my car, coilovers or lowering springs? thanks in advance for any help
                            well that all has to do with how much money you are willing to spend and what you want.

Coilovers are more expensive but most you can adjust height and stiffness. With springs they are cheaper and can still give you a nice ride. Just make sure you get some decent struts aswell.

Three keys
                            Stay away from ebay suspension
                            Camber kit if you go really low
                            get struts

Im on tein s tech springs with gr2 struts very nice

Comment

Originally posted by Markus
                              do you have to get an alignment or camber if you drop 2"?

if you want a better ride...yes...

Comment

get some more pics up guys, i want to see more pics of 2" drop
                                member ride thread

MN ACCORD MEET MAY 29th 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X