Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Paint jobs and body shops- Dallas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paint jobs and body shops- Dallas?

I live in the Dallas area and I'm not familiar with any good custom paint/ body shops around here. I'm wondering if any of you guys from Dallas recommend anyone that does great custom prep and paint jobs for fiberglass body kits at a reasonable price? In playa terms, I have a "G" to spend on this but the cheaper the better but quality is my first concern. I see a lot of CB7's with banging paint jobs on here and I want to know what you guys look out for in choosing a body shop to paint your CB7. For you guys that don't know me or my CB7 this is what she looks like now. I plan to keep her the same color to save money and labor. Any suggestions to help a fellow tuner?

YOu can try Maaco. I think thats what Fearit22 did. And his job turned out damn good. YOu can ask the other people hate have seen his car. As for people I think there are a few on the local DI (dallasimports.net) forums you can try asking.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I did macco also

Comment

Hey Nail05!

What it dew mane? I haven't seen you since the last Dallas meet we had at the park. You remembered my CB7 huh? Well, so do the police lol. Nail05, drop me your number so I can hit you up and you can keep me posted on all the meets. Anywayz, does Macco do any prep work? I heard they didn't. Mybe heard wrong. That white CB7 looks good though. Maaco did that? I need this baby primmed first before paint plus, I have some cracks and dings I need to fill. Not to bad though.

Comment

how much did macco charge for that white paint job??...i need to get a cheap but good paint job for my cb as well

"Cars to me are meant, above all else, to be driven no matter what is done to them..."
          - RJ de Vera

Comment

I only payed 390 with some dent removal at Macco, yes I will admit its not a showcar paintjob, but it made a hell of a difference. I like it, I only got the second stage my friend is getting his truck painted with the 3rd stage sometime soon, so I'll see how much of a difference it is. check my members ride for more pics

Comment

Whats up man. I am in IL so cant really go to local meets haha but I always check in there. IT depends on the level of job you get. IF you get the cheap ass ones i think they just spray over it. I forgot how much fearit22 got charged for his but looked good for what it is. I think he paid 390 or so like the person with the white car. But yea check the regionals in the south section. You will see where the meets are at. But yea clear your PM box so I can give you my number man haha its full.
              Last edited by NAiL05; 02-15-2007, 11:19 PM.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Thanx Nail05

Yea nice to see you and that CB7 doing well Nail05. Well, it's that time of the year again. All my cash came in so now it's time for the fun part. Spending it all. I appreciate the info on the paint job guys. I can't wait to the results. Now I just need some time to leave this baby in the shop. She is my daily driver too. I really wanted to get my H22 the year but, first things first and my F22 is running great still anywayz. Nail05 can you do me a favor? After I clear my mailbox, send me your cell and everyones names that come to the dallas meets so I can hit them up? I'm still a newbie on this site lol.

Comment

Working...
                X