Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Boom! Just got this from Bisi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Bisi charged you $400 for half a header?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      So Bisi charged you $400 for half a header?
      What a dick! I mean retail wise, you came out less than $700 complete. (I think that was the group price) But still. Clearance for 400? I swear this guy is only good for over pricing arias and other outsourced products.

I hope he realizes that Porche people don't want to buy shit made in China for their quarter million dollar builds.

Comment

I would HOPE that a quality 4-1 collector of an appropriate size will still make that header as functional as a complete unit (hopefully with fewer leaks), but that really is some BS right there, selling half a header.
        Guys that try to sell the upper half of a DC Sports header usually end up getting flamed to shit for it! (I had one. Gave it to a friend. He put it in his shed, and I believe it's still there.)

thatoneuser, click the button that says to quote someone. Or use the green + next to it to select multiple posts to quote in a single reply (hit the quote button on the final post you wish to quote, and all with the + selected will be included as well.)

And I agree, Porsche owners are indeed rude snoots. I lost a good bit of respect for my fiancee's uncle a few weeks ago when I mentioned my Honda club, and the response I got was "People have clubs for Hondas? That's silly. There's only one real car club. The Porsche club." So not only did he insult the cars that I love, and my appreciation for them, but he belittled the club (this forum) that I've spent over a decade building.
        However, rude snoots DEFINITELY won't put up with Bisimoto's shenanigans. My fiancee's uncle is a doctor, who picked up a law degree because he was bored. You can be damn sure he'd put Bisi through the ringer if he pulled the type of nonsense he's routinely pulled on us!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          I would HOPE that a quality 4-1 collector of an appropriate size will still make that header as functional as a complete unit (hopefully with fewer leaks), but that really is some BS right there, selling half a header.
          Guys that try to sell the upper half of a DC Sports header usually end up getting flamed to shit for it! (I had one. Gave it to a friend. He put it in his shed, and I believe it's still there.)

thatoneuser, click the button that says to quote someone. Or use the green + next to it to select multiple posts to quote in a single reply (hit the quote button on the final post you wish to quote, and all with the + selected will be included as well.)

And I agree, Porsche owners are indeed rude snoots. I lost a good bit of respect for my fiancee's uncle a few weeks ago when I mentioned my Honda club, and the response I got was "People have clubs for Hondas? That's silly. There's only one real car club. The Porsche club." So not only did he insult the cars that I love, and my appreciation for them, but he belittled the club (this forum) that I've spent over a decade building.
          However, rude snoots DEFINITELY won't put up with Bisimoto's shenanigans. My fiancee's uncle is a doctor, who picked up a law degree because he was bored. You can be damn sure he'd put Bisi through the ringer if he pulled the type of nonsense he's routinely pulled on us!

Deev, he should take a second and think. Bisi works on Porsche chassis sure, but what other chassis is he known for working with? Hondas right? They must be worth something if millions of people go out of their way to build them.. I don't see hordes of people building Porsche 911's anyway. It's a status thing, and it's horse shit. He should not belittle you, or us for choosing to go Honda over Porsche.

my wife's uncle is a doctor who joined a fraternity, likes to play golf, type A bullshit elitist, and guess what? He drives a Porsche. Albeit the suv ugly turd one, but a Porsche. They must have a tight grip on some peoples scrotes I suppose.

Ask your friend if he has that DC header! I'll use it. Not many people know, but they bolt up to stock down pipes.

Comment

I thought 400 for the top half of the header was alright. That a third of the price for the full unit. So I should be able to pop it on a whole custom fabbed exhaust and still come out ahead by a mile?
            Not to mention it gives me the opportunity to make adjustments on the initial design that were problems before.
            Last edited by thatoneuser; 08-13-2015, 02:04 PM.

Comment

It's worth a shot. The collector that Bisi used may not be what your guy will use, which could change the effectiveness of the header (though independent dyno tests of this header showed results that were considerably less than Bisi's claims anyway... so even Bisi didn't do it as well as expected!)

It'll undoubtedly be better than DC Sports or any generic design, and it'll look way cooler under the hood. Plus, you're right about being able to correct the leaks that were evident in the complete Bisimoto unit. Also, you can use something other than that stupid donut gasket!
              It may cost a few horsepower... but I'd throw a flex pipe on there. Just so much easier...

Comment

"Better" is still arguable. It's all dependent on the other components of the engine. The runners are the completely wrong length and diameter for a stock camshaft. Will it gain power? Possibly a little, but not nearly as much as something that was DESIGNED to work with what's there. The only way that header is going to produce any substantial gain is if the OP gets a camshaft that works within the specified range that header is designed for; it more than likely will not produce ANY more power than the DC design, which was designed with a stock camshaft and operating RPM range in mind. Until an aftermarket camshaft is added that works within the range that the Bisi is designed for, I wouldn't bother even doing anything with it but stare at on a desk or wall.
                Last edited by Chrisnick; 08-13-2015, 02:31 PM.

'98 Prelude resto/mod thread

Comment

Bisi's own claim was that it made nearly 27hp on a bone-stock F22A1 (stock ECU as well.) That claim was a bit optimistic, I feel... but even half that much would be impressive for a single piece.

Comment

I thought it was 17whp? I agree with the flexpipe i prefer them on. At any rate I'm not chasing HP at the moment. Its all in the works. I plan on putting an upgraded camshaft along with valve assembly in the future.

Hopefully before fall sets into cold and rain I'll have my engine pulled so I can do all the seals and gaskets as well as the timing components and partial tucking.
                    I figured my exhaust currently is makeshift rusty leaky scrap pipe the previous owner "custom made" so there's no way I won't see gains with this new set up plus its gonna look really sweet when I get it up to my standards for local meets I appreciate all the feedback guys.

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=143273

Comment

Nice, optimism restored a bit

Comment

That has never been replicated, though. 17whp is likely on the optimistic side.

Still, for a few hundred bucks, if you get 10whp, it's worth it. N/A mods on small displacement engines don't yield much... but they add up.

Comment

NA is all about building a complete package. not picking and choosing random parts.
                            www.850fab.com
                            IG - @850Fab
                            FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

Who says I'm picking and choosing random parts haha I've got an extensive shopping list for this engine and unlike some I don't have the time or the money to do it all in one week and then slap it on the dyno. So for now the modifications to the intake and exhaust will serve their intended purpose.. having my car get from point a to point b. As I said before hopefully the rest of the basic engine components for my build will be purchased and implemented before fall rears its ugly head. I'm simply taking my time due and dealing with obligations before hobbies.

Comment

Also this vehicle is my daily. I'm not racing it or chasing HP on the dyno at the moment. When its finished and tuned I'll retire it to just run it on the track and show it at meets and get another daily that I'll slowly build up the same way. Simply because I enjoy working on my car.

Comment

Working...
                                X