Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Hello from SoCal...1993 Accord LX Sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from SoCal...1993 Accord LX Sedan

Hey CB7Tuner.com, I'm new here but not to Hondas at all. I've owned many including a 92 EX and am an active member of acuralegend.org.

This is my 1993 Seattle Silver LX Sedan. Picked it up from I believe the second owner for just $500. Just 132k miles, auto.

The interior is in clean and amazing shape for it's age. To each his own, but I love the maroon interior on these older Hondas. Comfortable and contrasted with the right colors.

The exterior seems to have been worn by the elements however. Clearcoat is gone and even the windows have haze... anybody have any tips on clearing that?

I assume it wasn't driven a whole lot recently, as the timing belt snapped while driving a few days after I bought it. I decided to try replacing it myself with a buddy from school and succeeded, the car started with luckily no damage to the valves. The belts were all old-looking and cracked so they needed replacing.

The CB7 is a very well-built car... great attention to detail and a very solid feel all around. Really like a mini Legend. My plans are to find some nice OEM wheels and eventually give it a repaint in the original color.

The interior door handles were broken but $11 later eBay had a brand new set to my door.

Had these JDM switches lying around which happened to fit.

It also came with the original tape deck and 4 blown OEM speakers.

This is where the fun starts. I'm a huge Sony fan, and I'm installing the system I also had in my RL which consists of:

A JDM Sony WX-C66MD double-DIN deck. It's a loaded, highly customizable unit, from around 2000 before the XPlod line was released.

A Sony XM-4045 amp built around the early 90's as well. 40Wx4 RMS, which I will be using to power the interior speakers, and a Sony XM-10020 amp. Pushes 200W RMS, from around 1993. Currently powering an A/D/S 12" woofer and is surprisingly powerful.

I have new speakers which I'll be installing tomorrow.

Yesterday I visited my local Ecology and found a set of OEM floormats, I actually found three maroon ones (rear and passenger) and a beige driver's mat. I have yet to wash and dye them.

I was also able to score a maroon accessory armrest, these are for 90-91's since 92-93's have one in the seat but this one is more functional since it has storage. I'll try modding it to fit the 9293 console.

I visited PYP today and found an OEM spoiler, luckily in my color too!

Figured I'd post a pic of my trunk and amp setup.

This is nice
    You already started adding nice goodies to your cb.Glad you like it ,they are really great cars
    i like those amps you have.They look like they could have came from factory.I didnt know you could mount the amp on the backside of the seat so no im gonna have to do this tomorrow
    Welcome to cb7tuner!

Comment

Thanks! The amps fit right on the seatback... there're these ribs under the carpeting that I screwed into.

I was fortunate enough to find two sets of new old stock Sony XS-HL630 6.5 Components on eBay which arrived yesterday in the mail. I chose them because they are period correct (sealed since new around 1997) and bought them pretty cheap to boot!

I was excited when I got the boxes lol.

Still wrapped!

I like the rating... nothing exaggerated and will work fine with HU or amp power.

Finally removed the door panel and got out the pesky blown speakers.

A much needed improvement.

The baskets were about a quarter inch to shallow so I cut out the backs.

All mounted! Another reason I wanted these is simply because they have three mounting holes that match the OEM spots... trivial but the small things count!

I dont have pics of the tweeters in the door panel yet but they're flush mounted ahead of the door handles. I did get the second set in the rear and decided to mount the rear tweeters in the parcel shelf.

They sound great now, worlds better than what I had before!

Comment

What haze is on the windows? I'll bet it is like tree sap or something. Get some Stoner brand glass cleaner, newspaper, and a razor or 0000 steel wool and go to town on that haze.

Comment

Nice headunit
          **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
          Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
          Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
            What haze is on the windows? I'll bet it is like tree sap or something. Get some Stoner brand glass cleaner, newspaper, and a razor or 0000 steel wool and go to town on that haze.
            Hmm, interesting. I'm not sure what it is, I assumed it's the work of the sun or some acid rain. I'll try that and see.

Last night I drove 140 miles roundtrip to pick up a set of rims. They're 15" 240SX SE wheels with four brand new tires, I only paid $120 for them. Looks pretty good!

And today it rolled 133,333 miles :P

Comment

I had some Prelude center caps lying around so I popped them on.. they're slightly larger than the Nissan's but they'll do for now.

Went to PYP today and found a clean Vigor maplight with tweeters (actually off a TL.. they're identical). I still have to install and wire it up.

I also found some rare black speaker pods on a red DX Coupe, which I snagged along with black rear tweeters from a Legend sedan... I'm trying to have an OEM-looking audio install.

Before:

Cleaned up the black parts and popped my components in. I also had these Sony badges that I pulled off some home speakers I had and glued them to the grills.

After:

What do you think?

Comment

Got the overhead lamp installed, just not wired until I snag the harness off a Vigor.

I installed a 90-91 center console so I can fit my accessory armrest over it. Thankfully I have the pre-threaded holes for relocating the e-brke to the center. The only thing preventing me from actually installing the armrest is the current seat-mounted one. For some reason it uses a 25mm or so nut and I have no socket to fit it yet, but I should be able to tackle that tomorrow at school.

Comment

Updates!

I've been wanting more black in the interior so I've been piecing together some parts.

I went and got the black rear shelf from the same DX that lent me it's speaker pods, and from the same car the carpet which was in pretty good shape. Pics of these to follow. I also got the front floormats, near-mint in black from a CL and washed those. They're drying as I type.

My goal is to change the entire floor to black, which will contrast nicely with the maroon.

Here are the parts I've gotten to wash which are all the trim pieces around the seats... BTW I seem to have noticed that 90-91's have a cap over the inner front seat bolts, and was removed in subsequent years, and just made do with 3 per seat.

I got the black leather E-Brake handle from a Vigor, and a shifter from a Legend.
                  Not pictured is the center console which is currently sitting in my car.

Comment

I got all the parts installed today!

Fitting the carpet in the car:

All vacuumed and with the CL mats... They thankfully contour to the CB7's interior.

My black center console, shifter and e-brake:

And my black rear deck:

Comment

Looks great!
                      That was kind of the direction I started going with mine originally. Keep up the klean work

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
                      BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
                      Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
                      CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

I like what I see here. Welcome!.
                        MY MRT
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178936

Comment

Thanks!

So my car was actually stolen last thursday, and I recovered it this morning. Thankfully it was intact, but my stereo and amps were stolen. Luckily the thieves left all the speakers installed and didn't damage or remove any part of the interior.

It was a scary week, but I'm glad it's back and I can pick up where I was.

I need a new headunit now though Dx

Comment

invest in a good alarm!

Comment

I got my windows tinted a couple of days ago and took some pics, albeit with my phone.

Comment

Working...
                              X