Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Want wheel opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think those would actually look great in bronze... then again, I'm a sucker for bronze (looking for a good set of bronze wheels for my car now, actually... since they no longer make Falken Hanabis...)
    Powder coating is always cool. It can be done pretty cheap as well, if you're creative. You can build your own oven for pretty cheap (cement board and toaster guts), and the stuff to actually do it doesn't cost all that much.

Comment

i really didnt even consider bronze, could be a good idear. powdercoating is actually extremely cheap. not nearly as temperamental as painting. a clean surface and a steady hand and your golden.
      GATORS GONNA GATE - - im also here: www.x-h20.com

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        It does, but we don't need noobs whoring to 30 posts by saying "nice wheels bro!"
        If it's not a technical question, or providing technical information, it doesn't belong in the "counted" sections. If you're only asking opinion, it belongs here or in OT.
        Once you're in the rest of the forum, the rules aren't as strict.

Anyway, for $100, hell yes! They're pretty nice looking wheels. Motegi isn't the greatest, but they aren't a shameful brand, either. If the rest of them look as good as the one pictured, that's a hell of a deal. If you don't want them, you can probably sell them for a quick $50-$100 profit.
        Understandable.

Powder coat is more durable for sure. Since i run a body shop painting stuff for me is way cheaper then subletting out to powder coat.

Went to pick up the wheels this morning and they were a no go. The wheels were actually universal 5 lug not 4 lug. So i guess ill keep my eyes open for another set.

Your guys inputs were appreciated.

I did score some more great parts though. I bought 2 flush mount oem trunk spoilers one off a 88 legend and the other off 90 prelude. The flush mounts are hard to come by these days i hear.

There were also 2 four door legend lower lips but from what i understand the 4 door lips wont fit cb7s

Thanks guys

Comment

Should've grabbed em anyway, if they were in good condition! $100 for 4 good name brand wheels... you could've flipped em quick! Offer to paint them for the buyer for an extra charge and make even more profit.

Comment

that sucks about the wheels. just be patient and be a craigslist whore. the 4 door legend lips will fit, with modification and they will not be flush at the back of the bumper towards the wheel.

Comment

No Legend lip will REALLY fit... perhaps with body shop experience, you can make it look better than most... but the curves aren't exactly right for the CB bumper. Usually, they look pretty obvious that they don't belong.

Comment

I thought the 4 door legend lips were about an inch to short on each side. I was told you need a coupe lip for the lip to fit some what decent.

Comment

thats what i mean, it doesnt line up on the sides. my car has one, its ok. but ill buy a nice one after I spend my money on other stuff.

Comment

If you're skilled in body work, you COULD devise a way to extend a sedan lip to fit...

Comment

lol, im not. the OP may be, but like you said it kinda looks like it doesnt belong. but still looks better than no lip. mine is held on pretty ghetto like. wood screws and zip ties.

Comment

That's how most people hold their lips on!

I have a 5th gen lip that I need to put on. Also doesn't fit properly, but I can make it look almost right.

Comment

my little brother gets something from lowes, its not the garage door sill but something else. i forget and i apologize. but its about an inch to inch and a half and you can cut it, make it fit any car. he currently has one on a 03 generation mustang and looks pretty legit.

Comment

If you're skilled in body work, you COULD devise a way to extend a sedan lip to fit...
                            Definately could dream up some stuff. Would probably have to cut up two lips to make one fit properly.

I will shows you guys my work if you want to see some of my projects once pass my beginner initiation.

That is if you guys want to see it. None of it is accords.

Comment

We're always up for seeing other projects. We have an "other automotive" section as well, where you can go into detail about any car you want.

We had a guy years ago that extended 5th gen sideskirts to fit properly. Cut them in half, attached brackets to extend them about 2-3", then fiberglassed over the gap. Came out perfect, and he was an amateur.

Comment

We're always up for seeing other projects. We have an "other automotive" section as well, where you can go into detail about any car you want.

We had a guy years ago that extended 5th gen sideskirts to fit properly. Cut them in half, attached brackets to extend them about 2-3", then fiberglassed over the gap. Came out perfect, and he was an amateur.
                                I built some custom lips for my cousins ef hatch. I still have mold to make front the front lip.

So i so post my work projects in other automotive? Its mostly body/paint projects. Mainly appearance relayed. Shaved bays brake line tucks wire tucks ETS

Comment

Working...
                                X