Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Want wheel opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want wheel opinions

I would like to hear your guys opinion on these wheels i found a set just like these 17" Motegi

There at a yard for 100 without tires

would like to hear opinions would be putting them on cb9

Sorry figured wheels fell under appearance. My bad

Comment

Not the best looking design (Reminds me of the F&F days) but for $100 i say go for it.

02 Crv
      02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
      92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
      Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
        Not the best looking design (Reminds me of the F&F days) but for $100 i say go for it.
        They are defiantly from that era. I want 17s on the wagon for sure. Not trying to go fast. Just going for looks. Mounted and balanced I would be looking a about 450 with new tire. Just not sure Im in love with wheel design. I'm on the fence. 100 isn't bad though

Comment

there 100 buks bro grab em i have focal f05 17x7.5 i always loved focal wheels,on my 99 civic si i had spoon wheels then it was stolen got a cb and been with focal ever since people always say them wheels suck but they look good and quality seems great so i dunnno why they would suck

Comment

what color is your wagon? painting/powdercoating them and getting a nice fresh surface on them may be a good idea. possibly white or black depending on your car color?
            GATORS GONNA GATE - - im also here: www.x-h20.com

Comment

I own Motegi's too, a c note for a whole set is very fair- that is about what I paid for mine.
              I like having a set of "not baller" wheels- because I don't have to feel like I am doing something wrong if I paint/refinish them often. (I wouldn't be marring an investment) I am refinishing my motegi's as we speak.
              Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

Thanks for input guys. My first civic had a set of motegi 17s and i never had a problem with them other then me finding curbs. haha

My wagon is charcoal gray. Im budget building this car as a dd. I scored some good part yesterday at a yard and ran across these 17s without tires.

Plans for wagon is to respray it charcoal and repaint wheels bright silver again

Thanks for opinions

Comment

Here is my wagon when i first got her on 12/11/12

here is the goodies i scored yesterday at the same yard for $80 i was stoked

Comment

Originally posted by KLEENKREW View Post
                    Sorry figured wheels fell under appearance. My bad
                    It does, but we don't need noobs whoring to 30 posts by saying "nice wheels bro!"
                    If it's not a technical question, or providing technical information, it doesn't belong in the "counted" sections. If you're only asking opinion, it belongs here or in OT.
                    Once you're in the rest of the forum, the rules aren't as strict.

Anyway, for $100, hell yes! They're pretty nice looking wheels. Motegi isn't the greatest, but they aren't a shameful brand, either. If the rest of them look as good as the one pictured, that's a hell of a deal. If you don't want them, you can probably sell them for a quick $50-$100 profit.

Comment

i'm not a motegi fan but i do like these wheels. they are early 2000's but i would still rock them lol
                      FRIENDS
                      DONT LET
                      FRIENDS
                      ROLL ON
                      ROTA'S

Comment

i think if your going to tear them down, and put new tires on it... those wheels would look pretty good black with that gray wagon. wish i could photoshop.

Comment

I wouldn't go black unless you get a high-gloss professional job (or you're capable of doing that yourself.) A spraypaint job will make them look like big steelies from 50' away.

Comment

thats why i generally go with powdercoat, the guy that does it for me does an exceptional job. high gloss black powdercoat shines like a factory black paint job, semi gloss and flat also looks good on certain applications. still cool rims to the OP bigger wheels (17's are bigger to me) look cool on wagons.

Comment

Working...
                            X