Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F22A1 restoration!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22A1 restoration!

I thought i would paint my heatshield on Prelude's F22a1.
    Before:

Mid Progress:

After paint dried a bit more and the final result:

Valve cover will be next!

Ya that blk is nice lookin. Do the fusebox cover and abs cover blk also. Just tape the middle part.
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
      Ya that blk is nice lookin. Do the fusebox cover and abs cover blk also. Just tape the middle part.
      lol and maybe your valve cover

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194049

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
        LOL! Prelude S models don't come with ABS.

Comment

You should have taken the heat sheild off of the car

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
            You should have taken the heat sheild off of the car
            i wouldnt want to show off my rusty header....his is probably rusty to
            Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. –Napoleon Hill

Members ride Thread

Instagram: IbSprintin

Comment

Glad you painted it to original black and not removed it to "Show Off" the manifold.

With the heat shield it looks more refined as an Accord should be, in my opinion.

I hope you painted it with high temp exhaust or engine paint, otherwise it will not last very long.

I suggest you paint the rocker cover too. Don't use the same paint. If you want OEM look use the wrinkle paint.

Then I suggest getting rid of those blue after market high tension leads and go back to OEM Honda. Good OEM from the JY will last longer and perform better in my opinion.

You are on your way to having a restored and neat engine bay.
              Rides:

Accord
              92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
              96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
              88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
              92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
              95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
              92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
              91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
              91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
              91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
              91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

Originally posted by JDMDriver View Post
                Glad you painted it to original black and not removed it to "Show Off" the manifold.

With the heat shield it looks more refined as an Accord should be, in my opinion.

I hope you painted it with high temp exhaust or engine paint, otherwise it will not last very long.

I suggest you paint the rocker cover too. Don't use the same paint. If you want OEM look use the wrinkle paint.

Then I suggest getting rid of those blue after market high tension leads and go back to OEM Honda. Good OEM from the JY will last longer and perform better in my opinion.

You are on your way to having a restored and neat engine bay.
                Yeah I used Engine paint thats good for up to 500 degrees.
                As far as the Valve/Rocker Cover i will be painting it with the VHT Wrinkle paint.
                By the way those are NGK wireset not some cheap stuff.
                OH yea and its a BA8 Aka Prelude not the CB7 Accord

Comment

OK so i have had time to post this. I painted my valve cover VHT Wrinkle paint.
                  I also added a Neuspeed Strut bar, that i painted with Duplicolor Color Shift. And Mugen Reservoir cover.

Comment

I don't think I've ever taken the time to look at the power steering bracket of an F22A1 Prelude.
                    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

^I am surprised that more F22A people aren't running the P12 bracket w/ the P11 p/s pump on their CB's, that's what I'm doing.

OP-lookin' good I really dig the OEM look, just black and silver mostly, very clean. I bet it hasn't seen any/many winters w/ salt. It's funny to see the prelude neuspeed bar vs. the CB one, it has boxier corners and sits up higher above the strut towers.

Comment

What would using the Prelude pump on an F22A accomplish? It is smaller, which is a plus from a clutter standpoint, but not much else.
                        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

nice job, it looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                            What would using the Prelude pump on an F22A accomplish? It is smaller, which is a plus from a clutter standpoint, but not much else.
                            Yeah, that's mostly it, it looks 100X better IMO, sits much lower on the motor, fewer internal parts and easier IMO to rebuild. My pump came w/ an AEM pulley on it already, that was the cherry on top.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLudeGuy View Post
                              OK so i have had time to post this. I painted my valve cover VHT Wrinkle paint.
                              I also added a Neuspeed Strut bar, that i painted with Duplicolor Color Shift. And Mugen Reservoir cover.
                              Looks Great man, I need to paint mine up.
                              For Sale Thread CLICK HERE!

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

Comment

Working...
                              X