Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My '89 EXL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The complications with this swap lie not only with the fact that you're going from an F18A to an F18B but because you're going from a carbureted engine to a fuel-injected engine. Just about any swap is going to give you a lot of difficulty unless you retain the carburetors. I suppose you could do an F22A swap and reuse your current intake manifold and distributor, but you would have to find one first. If you were to want to do a swap like that then the newer engines that end with "B" would not work because your intake manifold would not swap over.

If you wanted to go fuel injected then, like you said, you'd need pretty much an entire donor car to pull the ECU, complete chassis harnesses, engine and supporting items from.

Good luck and let us know if you have anymore questions.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Thanks for your comment, Jarrett. Yeah, I know about going from carburater to injector and I know that I must swap ECU, intake and anything else.

I hope to find a crashed car, in condition like these:

The car from pics is for sale for just 1300$, it's CF4 with F20B and AT and it has EVERYTHING for swap. But it's in Vladivostok, and I'm in Krasnodar, and shipping here will cost something around 1800$ and will take something like 45 days of time because the distance between those two cities is almost 10000 kms (9683km).

Another car, crashed CF3 without AT, is 1166 kms away and cost 1000$. We can ship it here ourselves and it will cost around 300-400$, and the only problem will be to find AT. But it's hard now, we don't have really much money, so that's just a dream now.

And, yeah, who can say why only three of four cylinders of my F18A work correctly? I've changed spark plugs, but there is no any result. Help, guys.

Comment

Your transmission will work just fine.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

You think so? If I plug the ECU from new engine to my AT it will work? How will the resource decrease because of increased power?

Comment

Some fresh news about CF3 without AT.

I got photos from owner, not really good, but they're okay anyway. So, the car:

The owner said that the car was crashed before a customs clearance and it hasn't any documents. It means that if we want to ship it here we need to cut it into pieces. Also he said that he is agree to sell it for 25000 rubles (~815$) instead 30000 rubles (1000$) and I think it's cool. The only problem now is to make my dad agree and find a trailer to ship the car, heh. Good luck to me!

p.s. why I can't change avatar and signature settings?
            Last edited by Kryuga; 03-03-2013, 12:30 PM.

Comment

sup everyone. wasn't here for a long time. what did I do? hmmm, so..

I got my driving license;

enjoyed my Passat Variant B2;

and installed R16 OZs by Enkei with such a wrong ET55... but anyway they look really good, if some of you want more pics - I'll make them.

soo.. hello everybody. Now I'm planning to buy rear part of one USDM accord, look at it:

I just need the trunk lid and fenders because my are repaired after crash and their geometry is terrible and with this trunk lid it'd be possible to instal narrow tails for wide EU number:

Comment

Hey guys, we had a heave icy-rain three days ago, look at the result of it, haha

The thickness of this "shield" was from 0,8cm to 2,5cm

Comment

I'd let it thaw naturally or with cool water. We had a freeze this morning in Texas and one of my co-workers broke his windshield warming his truck up too fast this morning.

Comment

Jarrett, oh, there is no problem - the ice melted already.

Comment

Good build keep it going! Some rare part s you come across there.

Comment

Hai there!
                        Got my hands on European trunk, not really chip, not really best condition, but guys, I'M HAPPY!

Next step is... I really don't sure about it, maybe new pistons in engine, and maybe OEM spoiler with wide light from Inspire/Vigor CB5 =)

Comment

Some fresh photos, love it's look.

Comment

Hello guys! Good news for everyone: my CeeBee is now in workable condition and I ride it daily - what a nice feeling! But not everything is so perfect.

It eats about 20-22 liters per 100km when normal fuel rate is about 10-12 liters. Engine is carburated F18A, SOHC, with new filters, spark-plugs, cleaned carburator and so on. Does anyone know why fuel rate is so high? Please, I need help here. Maybe it's because of oxygen sensor?

p.s. soon I'll show you some new photos, guys, they'll be nice.

Comment

So, hello guys!

Still in love with my Honda, ahaha)) Not so much happened...

At first I had a little road accident and destroyed my tire, so I had to use spare wheel for the first time in it's life.

And now I have some issues with my engine - gonna change all the engine belts and now I'm repairing my carburater. Gonna see what will be with it's fuel rate, heh.

And yes, guys, how I can post my car to "Members' Rides" section? When it's possible?

Comment

Wow! Can I just say welcome to the forum .. and, I'd really like to follow this project!

Very impressed with some of our new members who have included great write-ups,
                                outstanding pictures, along with some very keen knowledge! Awesome stuff!

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Working...
                                X