Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My '89 EXL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My '89 EXL

Hello guys, my name is Valery (similar to female name, but I'm male) and I'm from Russia. When my dad bought his Accord, I didn't really like it, but now, some time later, I exactly know, how cool that car is!
    I'm happy to be a part of CB-owners, and i wanna show you my Accord!

So, here is it.

Extremely standart (but not forever heh), '89 Honda Accord 1.8 EXL (E-CB1).

You may laugh, but there is standart silencer

The car is in the perfect condition, I think, only has some rusty dots under rear quarter panels, that's because there was a little accident and the rear of the car was nicely repaired, but not perfectly. You can see the effects of crash on that photos and above (look at panel lines between rear bumper, quarter panels, trunk and tailights).

Notice, that is not a beer in the trunk, hehe.

And panel lines.

Some photos I took only a hour ago
    I know, that's dirty, but I like it!

And, "HOUSTON, WE HAVE A PROBLEM"! Because the rear was a little crashed, the bumper was stitched with copper wire, and when my dad was going from the yard, he hit the car into the fence. Not really hard, of course.

Because of that rear right quarterpanel shifted forward about 0,7-1,2 cm, you can see that here:

And one more problem with engine - when it's cold only 3 of 4 cylinders are working, but soon we will fix that.

Some special stuff I'd like to show you are rims! Not usual rims, they're Enkei OZ Honda OEM-rims from 1997 Honda CR-V, bought only for 200 bucks (in Russia that's normal price, yeah).

How you may notice, they are 16x6jj, and weights only 7.8 kgs per rim - I think, that's VERY GOOD!

In the future I'd like to get H22A/H23A in my engine bay... Am I right? Or not?

And i want to change rear quarter panels, I know a man who sells parts for japanese cars, and found that in his parking!

I need rear quarter panels (without rusted areas - they're okey on my car) and trunk (to hang a license plate on it's place between taillights). What do you think? Or do not bother?

And, yeah, I have a great plans for this car, like JDM-fenders (>the picture<), lowering the whole car, to increase the offset of the wheels and make some stretched wheels. And one of the things I want to do - that bloody amazing thing, which Nihhon-people call "Ita-sha" ("pain-car" in English, heh!) Go to the google, if you don't know what is that.

The Specs of my car:

Mileage
    -175,000 kilometers

Exterior:
    -Standart

Wheels:
    -Standart 14x5.5jj black steelies
    -Enkei OZ Honda OEM rims 16x6jj ET55 (will be istalled soon)

Interior:
    -Standart

Audio:
    -Head unit Pioneer
    -Subwoofer Mystery

And here is my uncle's car, european '91 Accord CB-3.

And the part I'd really like to see on my car...

Also we have and repairing '91 Honda Ascot 1.8 FXB (E-CB1), if you're interested - I`ll show you :3

Hope you like it, guys, bye And, if my English is too bad - sorry guys, I'm russian Wrote without translator, only with my language knowledge
    Last edited by Kryuga; 02-22-2013, 10:46 AM.

They are some fine ass cb's man . On the white one , how did you get your hands on the USDM trunk lid ? I have never seen that plate bracket on RHD cars.The white sedan is sex bro . The one piece lights , chrome molding strip and all . That's the stuff rite there. Love that cb and she will love you back.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Originally posted by stretch JDM View Post
      They are some fine ass cb's man . On the white one , how did you get your hands on the USDM trunk lid ? I have never seen that plate bracket on RHD cars.The white sedan is sex bro . The one piece lights , chrome molding strip and all . That's the stuff rite there. Love that cb and she will love you back.
      Its a "jdm" trunk. I used it in quotes because its identical to a usdm trunk. japan uses the same size licenses plates as us

His car is JDM, you can tell by the 1 piece headlights and chrome trim which are exclusive to japan. Thats why he has the small license plate spot on the trunk.

He also has very nice jdm stainless steel door sills.

Comment

Originally posted by Kryuga View Post

Hope you like it, guys, bye And, if my English is too bad - sorry guys, I'm russian Wrote without translator, only with my language knowledge
        Still better than a lot of the members on here

Comment

im liking the white cb clear corners and the one piece. i see you also had to seal up your taillights. i had to do that cause i found out water was getting to my connections inmy trunk.

Comment

nice !! i would repair that rear bumper cause its got the chrome trim or at least save the trim and replace it on the newer bumper. dont forget your mudflaps too.
            frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Awesome...maybe I just haven't seen them but I feel like the Exl's are kinda rare on this forum. Either way, it looks good man.

Comment

Welcome man your English is just fine, good looking car you got there and sweet rims! Keep coming to vist us and keep us posted on your car.

Comment

Nice, I like 'em

1993 Honda Accord EX

Comment

nice car im likeing the interior bro but i thought the 89 accords had flip up lights? or is it different in russia

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194049

Comment

Very nice accords! You have a car a lot of members dream of. Please keep us updated on your progress.
                      "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

Guys, thanks to all of you, really nice to hear!

MrMarcusT, really? I didn't even know that water can get to connections o_O

xkjnboix, brand new unpainted rear bumper from China costs around 85 bucks, and I`ll take chrome trim on a new bumper, with mudflaps.

Bongo, I don't think that the EXL are rare. But maybe that's just people from USA don't have right-hand-drive JDM cars? Heh.

antonio7566, thanks man! Of course I will tell you about my car in future, that is what I registered here to.

92accord ex, heh, let me tell you, that CB producing started in the end of the 1989 only for Japan, and CB came worldwide later, and my CB from the first produced cars

drew12000, sure I will, thanks!

stretch JDM, Tippey764, ThePhoenix82, thanks a lot for your words guys!

Comment

Hej! Very nice and rare car, specially in Europe. Can you drive legally in Russia car with steering wheel on the right side? I have edm cb3 carburated. It's also late 1989. They were produced since 1989 but officially from 1990.
                          Post some photos of your engine bay, please.

Comment

cb3frompoland, hey there!
                            Yeah, RHD cars are legal in Russia. Government wanted to ban registration of RHD cars, but couldn't - about 50% of cars in Russia are RHD, and because our country is near Japan, in 1990-2007 (until increased custom duty for used car from abroad) about some million RHD cars were taken to Russia There are 4 RHD cars in my family (including really rare `84 Nissan President with giant V8 4,4l).

There are photos specially for you:

Sorry, if pics are too dark

And show your CeeBee, wanna see it!
                            Last edited by Kryuga; 02-22-2013, 10:50 AM.

Comment

nice and clean man . Send us some pics of the Ascot.I can not get over how nice your 89 is..Great looking ride.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Working...
                              X