Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

DIY Paintless Dent Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY Paintless Dent Removal

There were a couple dents in the side of my CB7 and I had an attack at them today.

The method I used is not perfect and doesn't always work, but for the low cost, it's worth a try. All you need for tools is a toilet plunger. I didn't want to use a used one, so I bought a small one for $3.49 at Canadian Tire.

First off, wash your car, but don't dry it, or at least not in the area of the dent. You don't want to scratch your paint and you'll get better suction and lubrication between the car and plunger if the car is wet.

Now, to remove the dent, all you do is apply the plunger to the dent and pull.

You may need to try a couple times, but if you're lucky, you'll hear a sasifying "TUNK" and the panel will pop back out.

Here is how it worked out on my CB7:
    Before:

After:

You can see that it's not perfect, but it certianly a lot better than it was before. Besides, I needed to buy the plunger anyway to free up a backed up sink.

nice ...............

Only Hard Thing is Keeping it Clean
    my ride

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Not bad.

Big dents like that are easy to pull.

It's the small little dings near corners and bodylines that are bitches, or tiny judo chops in the middle of panels.

Comment

thanks man that will come in handy next time someone leans on my door and pushes my panel back in im just used to taking the door panel off and pushing it back out.. thanks bro... later

Comment

solid.. i'llk keep that in mind but yea those little ones are pain in the ass..Thx though.

"Exhaust the Body, Proceed the Mind, Cultivate the Spirit"

Comment

nice

thats a good diy because i have a dent in the same spot so next time i wash my car im going to do that

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=177214

Comment

backed up sink? who shit in the sink? again? sheesh.

sorry couldn't hold back.
                MadLab Racing
                Southern Maryland

Comment

Working...
                X