Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

The story of a 33 hour trip to pick up a cb7! (Flying accord pics included!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The story of a 33 hour trip to pick up a cb7! (Flying accord pics included!!)

Ok, so me and my brother had bought this Cb7 from an auction down in Atlanta Georgia. We live in Nashville, TN. We decided to pick it up in out truck and save money on shipping. BIG mistake! It was supposed to be a 10 hour trip, but it turned out to take us 33 hours!
    I have some photos to document our journey. BTW, it took so long because we found out our truck has a bad fuel pump, so it would constantly shut off and sometimes take half an hour to start back up again.

First time we broke down( Chattanooga)

Breakdown in Whitfield, GA. (we were unlucky enought to break down right beside an accident scene, so the idiot cop was being an ass.

We had to sleep in a hotel, and we were about to come back empty handed!
    but thankfully, we slept on it and decided to get the car!

At the auction facility, 20 hrs behind schedule!!

FLYING ACCORD!!!!!

here she is safely on the truck!

Back in the best place in the world!

We werent the only ones who couldn't make it up the Chattanooga Mountains!

Me at another break down point!

All in all, we got the car home safely! I estimate that we spent about $175 more than planned and broke down 25-30 times on the highway.
    But it was well worth it!

Also, I believe I spotted a member going up I-75 north on wednesday. it was a black 92-93 sedan with foglights. I was walking up the median towards the trees looking for a place to take a piss.
    Let me know if that was you.

Sold to: dbsharp, daheavyking X3
    Bought from:'93CB7Ex, xkjnboix, duffmanivxx, remix405, CB7tuner official shop

You did all that for a crashed CB7. I admire the dedication but couldnt you find something closer that wasnt crashed.
    1993 Accord EX
    2011 Subaru STi

Comment

i hope you got it for damn near free to go thru all that.
      MR:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150506

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

Still spent less than what that car is worth in parts.

That's totally something crazy I'd do too.

Comment

was that place a junkyard or an impound lot? i need to go to one of these auctions sometime. later.
          Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by tonymontana1204 View Post
            You did all that for a crashed CB7. I admire the dedication but couldnt you find something closer that wasnt crashed.
            I was determined to get this one. Its clean on the inside and runs and drives great.

Originally posted by ChampCoupe View Post
            i hope you got it for damn near free to go thru all that.
            Not really, but im sure i can still make a profit from it. If worse comes to worse, my dad will buy it from me and drive it himself. I will definately not lose a penny with this car.

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
            Still spent less than what that car is worth in parts.

That's totally something crazy I'd do too.
            Haha lol. if youre comin down near tennessee, let me know.

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
            was that place a junkyard or an impound lot? i need to go to one of these auctions sometime. later.
            Neither. Its where cars go to die....
            JK, its an insurance auction. Ever wonder where a car goes after its wrecked and the insurance takes it from you? THIS is that place.

Comment

[QUOTE=thepowderblue;2767650]here is mine.CB7's look the best in green and I would drive alot farther to get my hands on that crashed one some random pix of of my green cb7.if you have any questions feel free to ask

Nice. Yeah, youre grille is out it far. It looks like your car has been wrecked on the front... not everything fits together. Also, did you have a bra, it looks like one has been removed

Comment

hahah nice road trip story...can't wait too hear the story in fixing that cb...must be special......or cheap
                VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
                1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
                MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

I love these stories. They ALWAYS make me want to go on a roadtrip in a car that has no business going on a roadtrip.

Comment

Sounds like you had a good time despite all the delays. That's all that matters in the end right? Well that and a new cb7!!

Can't wait to here what you do with her!
                    Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by mercyboy View Post
                      hahah nice road trip story...can't wait too hear the story in fixing that cb...must be special......or cheap
                      Thanks, ill keep yall updated!

Originally posted by Dobermann View Post
                      I love these stories. They ALWAYS make me want to go on a roadtrip in a car that has no business going on a roadtrip.
                      Its fun if you like burning extra money(and all the oil in your truck)
                      Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
                      Sounds like you had a good time despite all the delays. That's all that matters in the end right? Well that and a new cb7!!

Can't wait to here what you do with her!
                      Cheers.
                      Yep, Mission Accopmlished! Ill keep yall updated! Shes almost ready!

Comment

How much was that cb at auction?
                        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

you might have seen me! i went to cleveland tennesse to get my cb around the same time. its black 93 with euro fogs.i got stuck in the mountains too. thats insane man! was there a slammed 91 red integra behind the one u seen? if so it was me. and dont feel bad i got 60 miles outta memphis when i blew my motor. lmao.

Comment

it took us two days and about 240$ in gas due to us being lost with dead cell phones. lol. but riding in my new cb through the mountains felt so good i wouldnt change a thing about the trip. except the blowing my motor part.

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
                              How much was that cb at auction?
                              hehehehe... too much!!! 600 was the high bid. taxes and fees brought it to $898 EXACTLY. then a couple hundred in gas and hotel and food. Yes, I know...
                              BUT, its because we had a guy who was interested even before we bought it. He was gonna purchase it off of us for $2000 fixed. But my brothers prelude timing belt decided to give out so he'll be driving it for a few weeks.

As long as i dont lose money, Ill be fine.
                              Originally posted by jdmrespect11 View Post
                              you might have seen me! i went to cleveland tennesse to get my cb around the same time. its black 93 with euro fogs.i got stuck in the mountains too. thats insane man! was there a slammed 91 red integra behind the one u seen? if so it was me. and dont feel bad i got 60 miles outta memphis when i blew my motor. lmao.
                              Were you on I-75 north?

Originally posted by jdmrespect11 View Post
                              it took us two days and about 240$ in gas due to us being lost with dead cell phones. lol. but riding in my new cb through the mountains felt so good i wouldnt change a thing about the trip. except the blowing my motor part.
                              Yes, some may call us crazy, but brother, they dont know what its like. Its almost exciting to learn from your mistakes, no matter how costly. Plus, roadtrips are FUN! And anything for a CB, right?

Comment

Working...
                              X