Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

led bulb in high beam housing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

led bulb in high beam housing

I replaced the highbeam with a led to use as a marker light. Lowbeam housing has the h4 bulb that is both high and low.

shes bright.
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Interesting idea.

Comment

i tried this myself, its not bright at all. with the camera facing the housing it looks bright, park the car at night 10 feet away from an unlit wall, and use only these, you'll find that the filament style bumper lights are probably brighter.

I do agree that they do look VERY good, but forget using your high beams functionally. and the best benefit, (other than looks), is that i can gaurantee that they will not blind oncomming cars

i would like to see how you retrofitted dual beam bulbs in the low beam housing, and see the out-put against a dark wall at night. i might consider doing my headlights like this, to light the brights up as well as increase the low beam lights. (more light equals better visibility)

oh dang it looks like you have one piecers, so the retro on usdm would be different
        Last edited by KB7; 03-21-2011, 03:03 PM.
        _

Comment

I have dual beam HID bulbs in my lowbeam headlights. I needed an H4 HID kit for my lowbeams, and i got hi-low bulbs (mix up, still works though). unfortunately, I cant hook up the high beam part of the bulb up because of the cars harness.... the highbeam part of the bulb is halogen.

but that just gave me an idea to run ground and power wire from the normal high beam to my hi/low hid kit.

... reading this over, it looks like it makes no sense lol. but i just wanted to say that its possible to fit high/low beam bulbs with no mods into the cars lowbeam side of the headlights

Comment

Yes these are one piece headlights. I ran the high and low beams wires to a relay and then to the duel filament h4 bulb, the high beam housing is a h1 led type bulb hooked up to the parking lights.

Low beam and led and fogs

parking lights
            Last edited by JoshM; 03-29-2011, 10:45 AM. Reason: merged

Comment

In Canada we already have those, from factory day time running lights

Comment

These are hooked up to parking lights, They are not day time running lights, but I want to use them like a DRL, only when I feel the need to.

Comment

Thats not a bad idea, I already have bi-xenon projectors in my low beams, this would work great for easy DRL's. Very nice!
                  1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

that looks really good. cheers!

#3MR 91 coupe: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=186456
                    #2MR 90 sedan: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...51#post2867651
                    #1MR 93 coupe: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176343

Comment

Working...
                    X