Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Keep or Shave side moldings??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would look for the euro moldings. I remember them being much thinner. Keeps the door looking good, without looking bulky.

They sell for like $300 in the classifieds though.

Comment

The 92-93 is much smaller than the 90-91 as well.
      Checkout my MR: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165984

Comment

keep it too!!

for a clean style i prefer to paint them as bodycar color, and for a oldshcool jdm look keep them in black
        -Sorry if my english is bad, i try to improve it and do my best to be understood
        -Soon, you will come back to live...

Bought from: Jack Lee ,Tommi ,408cb7 , xkjnboix

Comment

Keep them and just paint them and the bumper trim the color of the car if you are really looking for that sleek look. I agree that when they are removed it just looks weird. I would only do it if I filled in the holes but its still doubtful.

Comment

I like them on there but if you shave go all out. Molding on bumpers, door and fenders. Also do the door handles, the antenna and spray nozzles on hood. If you want to go extreme shave the weather strips on roof (but not a great idea), space between tail lights or have seen gas door shaved and gas line rerouted behind taillight. Just some ideas.

Comment

Yeah. But practically you could just shave the molding and door handles and still look really clean but heck if you have the money go all out lol.

Comment

Originally posted by 1BAD1990CB7 View Post
                I like them on there but if you shave go all out. Molding on bumpers, door and fenders. Also do the door handles, the antenna and spray nozzles on hood. If you want to go extreme shave the weather strips on roof (but not a great idea), space between tail lights or have seen gas door shaved and gas line rerouted behind taillight. Just some ideas.
                ]

while your at it, shave the headlights and taillights. You don't need those either.

Comment

Originally posted by black sunshine View Post
                  i like my cars the same as i like my women...shaved...all the way
                  Hahahaha!!!
                  Personaly, I like the moldings on. Adds more character to the car imo.

I agree with you 120% on the women though.

Comment

I think shaving the doors makes them look to flat and loses all the body lines on the car.

Comment

hey anyone know where a guy can get the side moldings lol when in HS i pulled em off and i never did like the look of them on and now i dont like the shaved look
                      91 Honda Accord LX Rebuild Status
                      06 Nissan 350Z Summer Daily Driver
                      06 Subaru Impreza Winter Daily Driver

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey9012 View Post
                        hey anyone know where a guy can get the side moldings lol when in HS i pulled em off and i never did like the look of them on and now i dont like the shaved look
                        did you weld patch panels over the molding recesses, or did you just take the old ones off? you can get official OEM ones and their clips from TASauto for a pretty decent price

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Keep em.. But if you want like they said paint them the same color as the car. but yea if you shave the doors do the bumpers too. it looks weird imo. but thats just me..lata.

"Exhaust the Body, Proceed the Mind, Cultivate the Spirit"

Comment

Working...
                          X