Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22 Turbo n00b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The body kit robs the car of its beautiful lines. Still a nice car. I have had hardly any sleep the past day but........ how come I see no IC. Or am I tripping?
    I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
    Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My coupe!!!
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
    Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by daheavyking View Post
      The body kit robs the car of its beautiful lines. Still a nice car. I have had hardly any sleep the past day but........ how come I see no IC. Or am I tripping?
      Same here man, I have a 4 month baby, so I never sleep either! Thank god for coffee!!
      Idk I thought some turbo set ups didnt need intercoolers, idk if you have ever heard of "sleeper" turbos, they are like exshaust turbos..... And yeah im going oem front with lip for sure, body kits are flimsy and too ricey...lol

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
        welcome friend.
        Thanks !

Comment

love that 3rd pic

Comment

A turbo setup should ALWAYS have an intercooler... some cars came without from the factory, but when boosting an engine that wasn't made for it, it's a necessity. Turbos make a LOT of heat, and heat kills engines. The intercooler is there to help take some of that heat away before it does damage.

I don't see how that could be intercooled... looks like the pipe is running straight to the throttle body.

The H22 has fairly high compression, and "weak" internals (not really weak, but they don't hold up to boost for very long, as they aren't made for it...) Even with everything done properly, a stock-block H22 will often blow up. I'm amazed this car made it from AZ to CA without grenading!

Definitely dig into that car (and don't drive it... unless you want to replace the engine soon...) Share what you find, and we'll help you put things together as it SHOULD be!

I wish it was possible to reliably turbo a car with no intercooler... that makes things so much more simple!

Comment

You might run into a lot of problems with that turbo charged car. Your in California still or are you in Arizona because if your in Arizona your fine but if your in California you will run into smog issues and will not pass the visual inspection. That is unless you know someone . I like what you have going for the car an I hope all goes well from here on. Just looking out for a fellow cb7 tuner member .

Rip It Up
              Sold to: nightime25, MyDianaz06, Accord214 and 408cb7

Bought from:Rob_is_Legend, MonoCB7, Fatboy1185, Flatline and busak87

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

"your" is a possessive.
                "you're" means "you are"

Just sayin...

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOZE View Post
                  Haha for real, why would I lie about having a turbo.... Im not trying to impress no one, I need help with this carmore like it! I dont even know how to use photoshop..lol
                  Hood prop looked funny at first, like only half of it was there.

But upon a closer look I can see the whole thing.
                  Originally posted by chessboxer
                  We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
                  Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

Originally posted by nevi325 View Post
                    love that 3rd pic
                    Thanks, im planning on re-recreating this exact car but with my new coupe!

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    A turbo setup should ALWAYS have an intercooler... some cars came without from the factory, but when boosting an engine that wasn't made for it, it's a necessity. Turbos make a LOT of heat, and heat kills engines. The intercooler is there to help take some of that heat away before it does damage.

I don't see how that could be intercooled... looks like the pipe is running straight to the throttle body.

The H22 has fairly high compression, and "weak" internals (not really weak, but they don't hold up to boost for very long, as they aren't made for it...) Even with everything done properly, a stock-block H22 will often blow up. I'm amazed this car made it from AZ to CA without grenading!

Definitely dig into that car (and don't drive it... unless you want to replace the engine soon...) Share what you find, and we'll help you put things together as it SHOULD be!

I wish it was possible to reliably turbo a car with no intercooler... that makes things so much more simple!
                    Word... Im not driving it till I fix it up all the way and its reliable

Comment

Smart man.

I think you taking ownership of this car may be what saves its life!

Comment

Originally posted by Extacee View Post
                        You might run into a lot of problems with that turbo charged car. Your in California still or are you in Arizona because if your in Arizona your fine but if your in California you will run into smog issues and will not pass the visual inspection. That is unless you know someone . I like what you have going for the car an I hope all goes well from here on. Just looking out for a fellow cb7 tuner member .
                        Dont trip man I got it covered and yeah im in cali

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        Smart man.

I think you taking ownership of this car may be what saves its life!
                        Thanks man, I just love jdm CB7 sleepers, I do have an intercooler its just hidden so the cops cant see it

Comment

Just got my new mugen lip today, my buddy kicked me down with it, idk if it will fit, from what ive read it will, its off a 98 accord coupe.... Still need to buy oem front...

Comment

The 5th gen Accord lips can be made to fit with modification, but it might be tough to make the 6th gen lip fit. I'm sure you can do it, but it might be tough.

Comment

Well ill look to see if any one else has done it, if it doesnt fit then ill just sellit or something...

Comment

Looks like it may have a water-to-air intercooler right before the throttle body, hard to tell just from the one picture though.
                                350z- Injen CAI & CB, Stillen testpipes & headers, kinetix SSV plenum, TEIN SS coilovers
                                90 LX- a6 conversion, 2.5in exhaust

Comment

Working...
                                X