Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My CB7 Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks like a great start. how do you like that exhaust? and raspyness? can you make a sound clip?

Comment

The ECB Rotors were kinda expensive, 220 for fronts and 160 for rears, as for the exhaust, it sounds deep, but when I punch it it does sound like a can bees! downside to exhaust, but cruz'in it sound great deep and throaty! Thanks everyone appreciate compliments, deffinatley my baby! 4 more days before we start all the work, getting really excited, thinking about having all bushings replaced, ordered poly master kit bushing set from Energy Suspension. Should be here next week. Now I just have to find someone to install. After calling a few places, its allot of work, About 20 hrs and thats with a press. I priced a few places they want about 1100 to install!!!!!!!!
      Last edited by JSCB7; 08-04-2010, 10:13 PM.

Comment

what color leather is that?

Comment

It maroon, having trouble deciding what color combo to do was thinking maroon around the sides and black in the inset, but not sure???

Comment

a friend of mine suggested doing a cream color in the inset to match the liner. dont know if I like having such a lite color there though. Looking for any place with some good pics of interiors, to give me some ideas
            Last edited by JSCB7; 08-04-2010, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Just wanted to give a new update, Monday is the big day, wont have my baby for 2 weeks. Getting really excited. Plan on lots of pics, showing the progress. The bilstein shocks, new front grille, accord emblems and decals have come in. Side note, I have read in some of the threads people have been asking about honda white lettering on some members mud guards. I actually found white decals on Amazon.com that are the right size. They seem like they will work really well, will take some pics when I put them on. They were really cheap, only a few bucks for each. Just a heads up. Wish me luck! and again I will take plenty of pics as we progress through the whole build.

Comment

great start keep us posted on progress

Comment

here's the rest of the pics from the build so far......

Here's the new f22a6.........

pulling the old f22a6...........
                  Took about 3 hrs to pull the motor, from start to finish

Last edited by JSCB7; 08-15-2010, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Well, Monday was a very busy day. We got the new motor in and I installed the new front springs and stuts. Kinda irritated though, cause the new ebc rotors, for the front end, were the wrong size. They sent me the wrong ones. So I will have to wait to put those on till I sort that mess out, But here are some more pics from Monday. Today will be working on the rear springs, calipers and rotors. Enjoy the latest pics.......

Last edited by JSCB7; 08-17-2010, 08:01 AM.

Comment

where did you buy your engine???

Comment

Looking pretty good progression also!

Comment

i picked up the motor from Jasper Engines. They shipped it in 2 days, I was really surprised that it came that fast. It has a 100k mile warranty.

Comment

Thanks, has been allot of work. Origanally I planned on 2 weeks to knock everything out, but looks like I will be extending that by another week. Once you get into things you end up finding other issues that drag out the rebuild.

Comment

I have some new picks from yesterday. Finished allot more work, Got the backend done. New Rotors, calipers and springs, The car dropped very nicely. Figure once the interior goes back in it will drop another .5 inch. So I am really liking the stance. Enjoy the lastest picks!

Comment

Okay guys, I have decided on a color of paint! Going with a metalic reddish burgandy with metal flake! Think it will accent the interior really well. She will be painted tomorrow, so the anticipation is building. I will have some fresh pics as well. This is it! cant turn back now. I decided on that color after looking at several cb7's in the gallery, under sedans post up! I only found 1 red or burgandy cb7 and I really like the color. I went with something slightly different. But what really made me choose the color was that there was only 1 other 1 out there. I really want something thats going to be special. So anyway appreciate everyones input and I have to say this site is the best with all kinds of ideas and info on how to do things right! Thanks again to everyone! I am a lifer to this site after this.

Comment

Working...
                                X