Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

crazymikey: CDN '91 SE Sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crazymikey: CDN '91 SE Sedan

Hey guys. So I'm a total n00b to the Honda scene. For years I was always anti Honda and one of the biggest Honda haters around. Well, I've made it to the dark side by the purchase of my 1991 SE sedan which I scored for $800 on Christmas Day. Now, I've always had a secret soft spot for CB7s, so I was thrilled when I purchased this car. I must say, now I know what all you Honda fans are going on about. What an excellent piece of machinery this car is. Fantastic build quality, a pleasure to drive and a wonderful engine.

I used to work for a couple of Hondas parts suppliers back in Ontario and bad work experiences with them also put a sour taste in my mouth about Honda. But that's in the past.

When I picked up this car, it had and still has some slight body damage on it. The left corner of the front bumper is cracked, the corner of the hood was crumpled, the left fender was replaced and repainted and doesn't quite match and there's 2 big dents in the rear door.

So far I have replaced the hood, and picked up a replacement door, but I need to have it painted. I also scored an LX front bumper, as I also purchased a 1990 LX parts car from the junkyard...and it runs and drives and is a 5 speed!

I picked up a set of EXR rims too, but they are either unbalanced or one is bent because they shake really bad when I drive, so I am back to running my stock SE wheels at the moment.

Current mods to my car are small and limited, but are the start of the bigger picture in mind.

-Ractive superflow cone filter
    -NGK plug wires
    -Eurolite 9006s
    -Clear corners
    -Blue Honda emblems
    -Sony headunit
    -Black hood

It's got 209k KM on it, but I have no service history of it which is a shame. However, going by the condition the car is in, it was well taken care of for most of it's life.

Anyways,here's some pics,since this is all about pic whoring.

When I got it:

First little bit of work
    -9293 corners
    -EXR wheels,painted gunmetal.
    -Blue emblems
    -Replaced black hood

Newest mods
    -Clear corners
    -Eurolites
    -Filter & wires
    -capless SE rims

My parts car. 90 LX. I am parting it out, so everything is for sale. Inquire!

Future plans for my SE include a mild drop with coilovers and struts, 17s or 18s,nicer front lip,clear/red tails,tinted windows,full stereo,header & full exhaust and just keep it clean and simple.

Oh,and thanks to everyone so far for all your technical help on here. Been very much appreciated.

Looks good bro

92 cb7 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176886

91 cb9 wagon

Comment

getting there mang keep up the good work and keep the pics coming..cant wait to see this thing finished. off to a pretty good start so far and always good to see an old car get a fresh makeover and be brought back to life again lol. cant wait to get another cb7 and start my project

Comment

That doner car is perfect for a 5 speed swap!
        Looks good other wise, keep it up!
        Cappuccino Member #9<--- click for thread

^click for MRT^
        CB9 MRT-R.I.P.
        Coupe MRT

Comment

Originally posted by lilb_1979 View Post
          That doner car is perfect for a 5 speed swap!
          Looks good other wise, keep it up!
          Thats what i told him to do lol but nooo too much work.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
            Thats what i told him to do lol but nooo too much work.
            did you tell him you would help him? Maybe he will do it then.
            Cappuccino Member #9<--- click for thread

^click for MRT^
            CB9 MRT-R.I.P.
            Coupe MRT

Comment

It's lookin good mike, keep it up

life is good.

Comment

5spd swap, otherwise you'll be shitting brix when the auto tranny dies
                wat?

Comment

lol. 5 speed swap is very tempting, but pretty sure it's not going to happen.

I'm not trying to build a race car out of this thing. I don't really have the need for a stick, even though the 5 speed drives so much smoother than the auto.

Comment

I agree with C91BLX7. I went through 3 TCU's before I swapped the tranny.
                    1990 Accord EX

Comment

Your CB is fairly clean. and that donor car is perfect for a 5 speed swap. and even a spare engine you can build on the side if you wanted to. keep up the good work!
                      www.stl-imports.com

Referral: crx08

support the import community

Comment

Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
                        I agree with C91BLX7. I went through 3 TCU's before I swapped the tranny.

I've got a spare TCU sitting in the garage right now. If I were to do the 5 speed swap, my car would be out of commission for a little while cuz I don't have all the tools to do it. I'd probably have to take it to a shop.

Though it would be cool to have a 91 SE with a stick....

Comment

look's nice

Comment

Yes that 91 SE with a stick would be the balls. I'd do it. Its something special, unlike my 95 Civic beater.
                            1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

lol i'm debating it...I really want to because I want to go in a sporty direction with this car and an automatic is certainly not sporty.

I just don't have the time or tools to carry out such a swap in a small amount of time. This car is my daily, I can'tafford any downtime as I have no backup vehicle.

Anyways,update....Bought red/clear tails. Should be arriving tomorrow. And I am buying jmolinas blackout projector headlights with the LED eyebrows.

So, my clear corners will be up for sale.

Comment

Working...
                              X