Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

mx5_guy : 2001 mazda mx5 miata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mx5_guy : 2001 mazda mx5 miata

Hey all. I'm new to the site, thanks to rob (rob_is_legend) and blake (av6g6).

I don't have a cb, but I am definitely a fan of them. Here are some pics of my daily beast...haha. enjoy

...did I mention it runs a 14.3 1/4?

Originally posted by mx5_guy View Post

...did I mention it runs a 14.3 1/4?
    no u didnt, welcome to the forum, have you ever owned a cb b4?

tell us about your motor setup
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

14 seconds in the 1/4 mile is decent considering it's a 16 second car stock.

I've always seen these as sort of a "womens sports car" My opinion.

Welcome.
      R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
        14 seconds in the 1/4 mile is decent considering it's a 16 second car stock.

I've always seen these as sort of a "womens sports car" My opinion.

Welcome.
        15.5 stock. For a daily driver, n/a, 14.3 is a comfortable achievement for me. Miatas have a bad rep about being a woman's convertible, but this car has balls. Im sure people mistake most cb7's for mere grocery getters, but we all know they can turn out as super clean whips. But, needless to say, everyone has their own opinion. When I was on the bottle I was running 13.5 with a 75 shot.

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
          no u didnt, welcome to the forum, have you ever owned a cb b4?

tell us about your motor setup
          haha thanks for the welcome. Unfortunately no, I have never owned a cb, but I did have a 6th gen for a few years, but ex g/f wrecked it.

I am always hanging with blake and rob, so they rubbed off their cb fever onto me, lol.

As far as the motor goes, port and polished head, bored from 1.8 to 2.2, 85x85 cams, moss motors forged rods and pistons, cold air intake, moss motors valve cover spacer, speed south short shifter, stock lsd, and a few other things here and there. It gets the job done, and is hella fun to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by mx5_guy View Post
            haha thanks for the welcome. Unfortunately no, I have never owned a cb, but I did have a 6th gen for a few years, but ex g/f wrecked it.

I am always hanging with blake and rob, so they rubbed off their cb fever onto me, lol.

As far as the motor goes, port and polished head, bored from 1.8 to 2.2, 85x85 cams, moss motors forged rods and pistons, cold air intake, moss motors valve cover spacer, speed south short shifter, stock lsd, and a few other things here and there. It gets the job done, and is hella fun to drive.
            What's a valve cover spacer, spaces the vc for wat reason
            **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
              What's a valve cover spacer, spaces the vc for wat reason
              I think he meant gasket. He has a funny way with words.

My 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX Thread

Comment

Kids from Alabama are weird. Or at least the one's I have met are. Or maybe it's just Birmingham.

Anyways, nice mx5. Definitely my favorite of the miatas. The body styling always kind of reminded me of the FD. Looks nice. Nice job on the build.

Comment

Originally posted by gcvphoto View Post
                  Kids from Alabama are weird. Or at least the one's I have met are. Or maybe it's just Birmingham.

Anyways, nice mx5. Definitely my favorite of the miatas. The body styling always kind of reminded me of the FD. Looks nice. Nice job on the build.
                  Weird people are everywhere, but Ill agree, we got some strange ones here.

My 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX Thread

Comment

Dude, clean Miata. I want a one... specially one of those monster V8 ones.

Yeah, people like to say that the Miatas are chicks are, but whatever to each its own. The Miata at its core is a sports car, after all it has been the entry level RWD for quite some time now since the end of the production of the Toyota Corolla AE86.
                    Accord 93 LX: H23 intake mani, Ebay short ram, P12 ecu, Full exhaust. Lots of noise... and that's about it, just noise. LOL
                    Mazdapeed MX-5 04: Begi Intake, Forge BOV, Ebay FMIC. Whoooooooosh... Phhhff!

Comment

can u put pic of your motor, i used to have a miata, i loved that car I just never have the budget at the time to fix it.

Comment

Miatas are awesome. If I weren't 6'0", 220lbs, I'd consider one. lol

Needs to be lower, and have lower offset wheels to really set it off.

1999 BMW M3
                        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

haha yea thanks and yes i wish it was lower but when i go out and play if the back is any lower when it squats the back end hits the wheels haha and yea ill have rob put up a motor pic soon and yes i mint gasket and to be honest it just looks sick hahahaha

Comment

also look at the sides of my car haha i cant get much lower

Comment

Looks great! I'm a HUGE Miata fan... When I have an open space in my driveway, that may be what fills it!

I'm not sure if I want to get the tiny 1st gen, or the Mazdaspeed 2nd gen.

But 14.3 in the quater... that's nice! You'd toast my CB7!

Comment

Working...
                              X