Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

GDI!! (God Damn It)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GDI!! (God Damn It)

So me and my pops head out to NAPA today to get a distributor seal to end an annoying oil leak. So I parked in front of the building, and then there were another set of parking spots behind me facing the road. So I get the seal and everything, hop in my car, and start to back out. After backing out and turning, I noticed a white F250 type work truck now started backing out as well, while I was right behind him, making a T type position. I looked in his side mirror and saw that he was looking the other way, so I began blowing my horn to get his attention. Another customer had just walked out of the store and noticed as well, so he began yelling to the man to let him know theres a car behind him. Obviously, he didn't hear shit over his loud ass diesel engine. At this point, I knew exactly what was about to happen, so I just braced myself until he plowed right into my driver fender.

The good thing is that there was no major damage; all that got messed up was my headlight and the fender. The fender above the wheel was pushed in all the way, but I pulled it out so I could drive. But for anyone who knows me, they know the one thing I prize on my car are my jdm headlights. I always tell everyone, "if you hit me, just dont hit my headlights please." I even told the guy the same thing lol. I was like "dude, honestly, I don't even care about the damage; I just care about my headlight. If you hadn't hit it I would be completely fine."
    So I decided not to go through insurance and what not since it was minor, and the guy told me his uncle does body work and shit and would fix the fender and repaint it to match and what not. He also said he would pay for me to get new headlights (which I warned him will be pricy). So I was like honestly man don't even worry about painting the fender because the whole car needs paint, I was just waiting on the body work. So then he tells me that he can have ALL the body work done if I want at no charge, and he said he knows someone who powdercoats as well, so he can have them repaint my rims since he scratched one (or maybe it was scratched before )

So there ya have it. I've been having the WORST luck lately, so this didn't really surprise me. I already found a couple sets of unmolested jdm 1pcers for sale, one set for $280 shipped from a meber on here, and another set on eBay for $350 shipped. I almost want to make him pay for the $350 set for being such a fucking moron. Anyways, it looks like AFM09 is out of the question now.
    I gotta call him tomorrow to see when they can start the body work and shit, and when I can get the money for the headlights. I'll try and keep the thread updated as to what's going on.
    Last edited by SE_DynamiK; 11-21-2009, 04:38 AM.
    1992 H22A4 Coupe - R.I.P.

Bought from: slammed4thgen. new_beginnings. crzy.tuning. f20aaccordturbo. hondaguy1212. cb4_honda. fatboy1185. wed3k.
    _____________H22A4CB7. minorreparations. PR CB7. plee3. Bisimoto Engineering.

Sold to: LadyG. sulimed. choppacity. choogee3.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!! That Sucks!!!

Sorry about your luck....

1990 Accord LX Sedan~Sold
    1993 Accord EX Sedan~Sold
    1995 Suzuki GSX-R 750~Totaled

Comment

Well thats a badluck...

Sorry for you man... At least he's paying...

Comment

Hmmm, no insurance information from him? Hope he does what he said.
        Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
        Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
        Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
        Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
        Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
        Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
          Hmmm, no insurance information from him? Hope he does what he said.
          Yeah that's what I was telling my pops, but he's too much of a nice guy and he always lets people off. But I got his home address, phone number, tag number, and such, so if he does back out you best believe I'll be making a house visit.

Bought from: slammed4thgen. new_beginnings. crzy.tuning. f20aaccordturbo. hondaguy1212. cb4_honda. fatboy1185. wed3k.

Comment

show at the meet its not bad AT ALL. new fenders are CHEAP, and im sure you can find a single 1-peice light for that side. i have seen one sides go on sale all the time and i dont think many ppl buy them because its not a full set.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

stupid rednecks... find the most expensive jdm headlight you can get then make him buy it and get overnight delivery so shipping is a bitch too lol

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
              And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
              Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

Comment

ya i would be so pissed if someone effed up my one pieces.
                ok question . i know how nappa parking lots are and the way u tell the story seems like it was so long even though it was only a period of seconds. i guess u didnt have enough time to react to throw her in reverse or 1st whichever would have been fastest for u to get out this dumbass's way.
                frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by xkjnboix View Post
                  ya i would be so pissed if someone effed up my one pieces.
                  ok question . i know how nappa parking lots are and the way u tell the story seems like it was so long even though it was only a period of seconds. i guess u didnt have enough time to react to throw her in reverse or 1st whichever would have been fastest for u to get out this dumbass's way.
                  Nah there wasn't much space. I backed out from the parking spot facing the building, and he pulled out from the parking spots parallel to me behind me facing the roadside. Think of it like WalMart and someone backing out from the parking spot behind you. So I backed out, then he backed out and into me.
                  The reason I didn't have time to reverse was because I was in the middle of putting it into first from reverse when I saw him coming towards me, so then I blew the horn thinking it would get his attention and he would stop, and when it didn't it was either to try to continue forward and have him hit my door or quarter panel because he was only feet away, or try and get to reverse. But by the time I realized that he really wasn't stopping and went to clutch and shift over from first to reverse, it was too late. It was a matter of seconds and there just wasn't enough time.

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
                    show at the meet its not bad AT ALL. new fenders are CHEAP, and im sure you can find a single 1-peice light for that side. i have seen one sides go on sale all the time and i dont think many ppl buy them because its not a full set.
                    Well I wanted to still try and make it, but if my car is gonna go under for bodywork, I'm just gonna put it under and get it all done and painted one time, because I know I'm not gonna have the time to do it later on when spring classes begin.

Since I'm gonna have to take the bumper off, I'm gonna go ahead and cut the holes for my fogs and get those in, and since the fenders will be off I need to put my sidemarkers in as well. Aside from that, there are still a few more maintenance issues I want to get taken care of.

It's all a matter of whether or not I can get all that body work and shit done and painted in time (which I doubt), as well as the money for paint supplies and maintenance parts; AND the money I would need for AFM, such as gas and hotel cost. So it basically comes down to going to AFM, or fixing my car.

Unfortunately, it's just not looking feasible right now.
                    But you better believe I will be coming out strong next year.

Comment

Its shitty when something like this happens and there's no insurance envloved.

Its pretty much he say she say. I hope dude will keep his word and help you out.

I remember 1 time I was the 4th car in a row. 2nd car ahead didn't signal, and the guy in front of me slammed his brakes and I hit him. Guy had no insurance or license of any kind.

I was like 17 at the time and didn't file no insurance claim. Even the cop told me not to cuz my insurance will b supa high even tho it wasn't my fault, shit I shouldve Filed it, I got no help from dude at all.
                      Headlight and corner gone, Hood crumbled beyond believe, fender, tiny dent I left it alone, grill in pieces. Man it came out to like 200 bucks to fix, all brand new shit. At the time I didn't no to much about jy's and wat I can find.
                      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Plowed? I can do that much damage with my foot.

Get the money, fix it, and move along.

No whining.

Comment

Originally posted by J3wman View Post
                          stupid rednecks... find the most expensive jdm headlight you can get then make him buy it and get overnight delivery so shipping is a bitch too lol
                          How do you know he was a redneck? I know plenty of people, who arent rednecks, that drive diesels.

OP, it's our horns. You couldnt hear that thing if your life depended on it. I mean, WTF? "meep meep".

Sucks it happened, and hopefully he comes through. You do got his info though, so if he fails to come up, then you can just turn him in.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                          Originally posted by Jarrett
                          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                            How do you know he was a redneck? I know plenty of people, who arent rednecks, that drive diesels.
                            Exactly what I was going to say....the modern definition of a "redneck" can't even afford the big diesel trucks.

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                            OP, it's our horns. You couldnt hear that thing if your life depended on it. I mean, WTF? "meep meep".
                            I agree here too, our stock horns suck....which is why I replaced them with Acura TL horns....alot better!

It does always hurt to see JDM one-piecers get damaged though, hopefully you'll get him to buy a new set.....oh and don't be a jerk and buy the most expensive pair you can find, I'm sure the guy didn't back into you on purpose and he doesn't deserve "punishment" for a small accident like this as long as he takes responsibility.
                            Last edited by 19dabeast85; 11-21-2009, 11:22 AM.
                            My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Are they TL horns louder or just deeper in tone?

Personally, i think Ford has the best horns around. Pretty loud and have a nice, deep tone to them.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                              Originally posted by Jarrett
                              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Working...
                              X