Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

newbie with british rover 600 turbo, (same underpinnings as cb7 acccord)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mayberry View Post
    Cool car, but your signature makes me laugh. You Brits are terrible shit talkers. lol
    x2. i would love to see your car back that statement up. lol.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

A quick Google search shows that the Rover does 0-60 in about 7 seconds. A 4th generation Prelude with an H22 (weighs about the same as a CB7 with an H22) does it in 6.7-7.2 seconds. Therefore... in stock form, it's the driver that matters most.

The Rover's engine doesn't make all that much more torque than the H22... though I'd be willing to be you get it a lot sooner.

Comment

thanx for the warm replies people, the sig was just for a bit of banter btw.

@ deeverogate. the figures i quoted are official book stats.

the uk h22 prelude book stats are 0-60 to 7.2 seconds mate, dont know where your getting the sub 7 second stats from
        they weigh the same. the t16 has more power and and a considerable amount more torque created a lot lower down 189 lp/ft at a low 2000rpms, weighs the same so do the power to weight ratio stats lol then say im talking shit

anyways straying off topic lol,

do any of you knowlagable guys know if any of your arb kits would fit my car?
        thanking in advance for any help on this
        Last edited by enzo; 11-03-2009, 11:48 PM.

Comment

the interior is basically identical to the 97-99 acura CL which is based off a CD accord. the gauge cluster is the same throughout, but the bonnet, dash, door panels, and part of the center console is out of a CL. only difference is the USDM CL's have the digital climate control so the knobs is what throw out a curve ball.

Members Ride Thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=149817
          Over 10,634 miles traveled for CB7 meets and counting!

Comment

thanx for clarifying that mate ^^

the bonnet is defo rovers own design though

Comment

Lets see some engine Shots.

Welcome to the site by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by enzo View Post
                thanx for the warm replies people, the sig was just for a bit of banter btw.

@ deeverogate. the figures i quoted are official book stats.

the uk h22 prelude book stats are 0-60 to 7.2 seconds mate, dont know where your getting the sub 7 second stats from
                they weigh the same. the t16 has more power and weighs the same so do the power to weight ratio stats lol plus you cant even compare the torque figures of the h22

anyways straying off topic lol,

do any of you knowlagable guys know if any of your arb kits would fit my car?
                thanking in advance for any help on this
                It's hard to find a truly reliable 0-60 reading. 7.2 is what I found in most cases, but a couple said 6.7, so I posted the range. I figured since it falls on either side of 7.0 by a reasonable margin, it's a fair example of how they're close enough for it to be a drivers' race. The Rover has a bit more torque, and the horsepower is nearly identical (the H22 makes just under 200hp). I haven't looked up gearing... but I'd be willing to bet the Prelude has sportier gearing, since the Rover isn't meant to be a sports car, but more of a luxury ride, correct?

Anyway, see if you can snap some pictures of your suspension bits. As I said, most of the members of this site are from the US, and we never got that Rover here (sadly... I wouldn't mind owning one myself!) However, if we can get a good look at your car, we may be able to figure out what might fit.

Comment

il post up some other engine shots wehn im at another comp

its 3.31 in the morning now so im gona hit the sack in the miniite. but before that i stand corrected deevergate.
                  the euro 4th gen preludes. h22a only came with 177 ponys out of the box and a considerably lower tourqe figure. and that was what i was comparing it to mate sorry.

regardless if we are comparing it to your more advanced h22 with the same power then it would be obviusly a closer call ,

but im hedging a bet if there were the same driver with the same car on a twisty road id still say the t16 rover has the egde for a few reasons,

mainly the torque aspect like a said pefore it produces 185 of its torque between 2000-5000 rpms compared to the torque produced at a dizzy 5000 rpms in the lude, that typical honda trait would mean you would have to rev the shit out of it to make proper progress.
                  the second reason is the t16 produces more power after more miles if its been maintained, its quite comon to find them producting 200-210 on factory settings after the miles are racked up.

in regards to gearing rover picked some wiked ratios

1st is good for 53
                  2nd 72
                  3rd 98
                  4th 122
                  5th an indicated 152 but taking speedo caliperations into accound this figure is probably more like 145 approx

yea you would be right about the luxury ride, you can hustle it along and it handles well but there is a bit of role hence why im on the hunt to increase roll stiffness with some thicker anti roll bars. stearing feel is spot on though.

il see if i can snap some suspension components of the car when i have it on the ramp tomorrow to do some maintinance work. il try and take as many pics as possible to help with this.

and thanx again you guys i have to say this site is the absolute tits, and im looking forward to participating any more info that might help with you guys somehow even though it might be very limited..

Comment

Wow a BL thats not half assembled or broken! I didnt think that existed lol, personally i like the BL Princess more:

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
                    And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
                    Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

Comment

haha thats a blast from the past!! lolz admittedly british layland(backed by the government) produced some shocking cars in the 80s with horrific engineering tecniques.
                      but at the same time there were a few notable exceptions to the rules

like the mini for example
                      one of my favorits would have to be the meistro turbo. one of the devinative hot hatches of the eara
                      in 1988 the MG Maestro Turbo could reach 0-60mph in 6.7 seconds whereas the entry level Ferrari Mondial only had a 0-60mph time of 7 seconds.
                      giant killer spings to mind

and the sd1 also has its place in time.

sorry seam to be going off topic again. lolz

il try and get those pictures tomorrw

Comment

awesome, wasnt it the Rover SD1 that was longer on one side than the other?

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
                        And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
                        Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

Comment

Working...
                        X