Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

newbie with british rover 600 turbo, (same underpinnings as cb7 acccord)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbie with british rover 600 turbo, (same underpinnings as cb7 acccord)

hey there guys, ive spent an age online looking for modified parts for my rover 600 which incidently is based on the cb7 accord,

which lead me here

thought id share some pictures. and spec and hopefully get some advice info on my rover 600/cb8 euro accord

92000 miles on the clock with a full service history,
    it has rovers 2.0 t16 engine producting 197bhp

in 2004 autocar comented on it "having the same midrange punch as a sierra cosworth" so the car is nippy
    book stats is 0-60 in 6.9 seconds 0-100 17.9 and 146 mph top speed, not shabby at all and more than a match for the 328 which was its arch rival at the time.

anyways hopefully someone on here has info on these cars and knows weather or not things like rear arbs, and other chassis mods are interchangable.

please let me know

I always wanted to get ahold of one of those engines and swap them into a CB!

We really don't have much info on the Rover cousins on this site, unfortunately... It's a shame, really! There may be some members with information, but the member base on here is largely from the US, and we never got that Rover model here (in fact, we never got any of them... the Sterling models we got were the closest things, but they were essentially Legends)

Regardless, welcome! Your car looks damn near brand new! I would love to have one of those... It has much more luxury appeal than the CB Accords!

Comment

that's an interesting car, never heard of or seen one of these. The interior reminds me more of a 94-97 accord.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

looks more Acura vigor/legend.

of course looks way more luxurious

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
        1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
        1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
        2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

I looked on Wikipedia, and the information on the 600 is actually pretty limited. It may share some things in common with the CE chassis as well... which would account for the shape that I like so much, since I LOVE the CE, and we never got that here either!

It definitely didn't have the CE's engines, though... they were the G series... G20A1 and G25A1 (which is what we got in the US-model Vigor and 2.5TL)

It had Honda I4s in the lower-range models... 1.8L, which I guess is the F18A, 2.0L, which may be an F20A, and a 2.3L, which may be an H23... as there were not 2.3L F series until 1998 that I'm aware of.
          The turbo engines (2.0L petrol and diesel) were Rover designs, though.

Comment

thanx for the warm replys people.

since the interest i thought id post up a few pics of some modifed examples,

stock 17 inch rover vitty rims, most people with 620ti's go for this look and reduction in ride hight. oem and looking better that way.

they are some what of a rare unkown quantity over here, with chassis parts pretty scarce..

im heavy into how a car handles and ive just spent the last few hours on your fantastic site reading up on the different rear sway bar options.

my only problem now is finding out weather the sway bars for your cars fit onto my car.?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
            my standard out the box t16 pissos all over yer converted h22s standard

Comment

the interior door handles look the same. they probably are. later.
              Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

your shift knob really looks like a cb shift knob
                **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by wherm View Post
                  that's an interesting car, never heard of or seen one of these. The interior reminds me more of a 94-97 accord.
                  like he said ,it reminds me alot like an cd dash , looks very we cared for keep it up

I like the "suck me slowly" part. Thats my favorite.

Comment

if u look at the red one it sorta looks like a cd5 but with more a curve to it.vry nice car btw.

my new turbo build

Comment

Cool car, but your signature makes me laugh. You Brits are terrible shit talkers. lol
                      Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

nice car
                        FROM L.A. TO KILL TOWN BABY

Comment

looks kinda like the infinity g20t from the front end...or some infinity
                          OLD

Comment

Infiniti

Comment

not thrilled with the exterior but that interior is very very sexy.
                              except for the console mounted window switches. i like mine on the handle.

always cool to find out about the cars they dont sell over here...

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

Working...
                              X