Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

headlight project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
    HAHAHAHA.....j/j that's how I got mine though. I didn't need the entire headlight and just the projector out of it so I broke the light and pulled them apart.
    when i read your comment a single tear rolled down my cheek lol yea im a z guy but dont have Z money the exhaust on them sob start at $800-1800 vs a hobnd $200-$400....yea do the math hehehe dont mind cus accord coupe are my second favorite cars

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

I like Z's so I didn't really feel good about doing it lol. They were in mint condition. But at the same I needed them for my accord.

Comment

gotta do wat you gotta do son!

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
        When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Well, I usually take anything I see worth anything to me because if the car's in the junkyard it's not coming out unless it's been crushed. So really the more parts you utilize the better for the car. On a side note, when do we get output pictures?

My 6th gen accord thread
          99 Miata

Comment

[QUOTE=Brandoncb7;2309567]How did you make the oval piece that goes around the projector? That's what i'm needing to do to get mine installed but I haven't really thought about what to use.

well i forgot to mention when your removing the black plastic housing part from the 300 projector ur gonna need it .i BROKE it down to just what i need it then i use bondo to take the shape of the cb7headlight u feel me ? .
            Last edited by accordftw; 11-20-2009, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by av6g6 View Post
              Well, I usually take anything I see worth anything to me because if the car's in the junkyard it's not coming out unless it's been crushed. So really the more parts you utilize the better for the car. On a side note, when do we get output pictures?
              i havent installed them but im not worried cause ones i installed them HID kit WILL be installed to thm 12k if necessary

Comment

accordftw You should turn the yellow capsule upside down so the glare shield is facing down. This way the light is projected onto the ground and less light is reflected upwards.

Comment

Once again, the high beam is not designed to project light onto the ground, it is a high beam, even if the capsule were turned 180 degrees upside down, the light would still not poject onto the ground.

My 6th gen accord thread
                  99 Miata

Comment

Sadly 300zx projectors absolutly suck balls with light output.
                    Similar to ebay projectors....
                    But I give you props on being creative.
                    Swap out the projectors with some 7 series BMW and you will enjoy it.
                    Your man for wiring solutions!
                    CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                    CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Man View Post
                      Sadly 300zx projectors absolutly suck balls with light output.
                      Similar to ebay projectors....
                      But I give you props on being creative.
                      Swap out the projectors with some 7 series BMW and you will enjoy it.
                      Or go all out and get s2k projectos (s2k's are the widest low beam projectors besides ls430's that would probably fit in a cb7) then you would really enjoy it. But the 7 series projectors are good none the less.

My 6th gen accord thread
                      99 Miata

Comment

Originally posted by av6g6 View Post
                        Or go all out and get s2k projectos (s2k's are the widest low beam projectors besides ls430's that would probably fit in a cb7) then you would really enjoy it. But the 7 series projectors are good none the less.
                        Im talking on a budget bro!
                        From where hes getting his parts (A junkyard) looks like hes on
                        S2K tsx and LS430 arent quite cheap by any means
                        I got my 7 series for $30 and they work pretty close to the TL's
                        Plus you can use Halogens or HID's
                        Your man for wiring solutions!
                        CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                        CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

i like it, id like to see the light output at night.
                          R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
                            How did you make the oval piece that goes around the projector? That's what i'm needing to do to get mine installed but I haven't really thought about what to use.

HAHAHAHA.....j/j that's how I got mine though. I didn't need the entire headlight and just the projector out of it so I broke the light and pulled them apart.
                            http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/view...retro&start=50

you may have to be a member but there is alot of shroud ideas on there, I got an idea for the shroud in my sig.
                            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

jeez did it work ok ????
                              For we were saved in this hope, but hope is that is seen is not hope;
                              for why does one still hope for what he sees? ROMANS 8:24

Yeah I role a Honda, yup on 1 Accord with the Lord!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_Boy View Post
                                jeez did it work ok ????
                                We're still waiting.
                                I'm just interested to see how the front half of a projector works just put in front of a standard reflector style headlight. I may be proven wrong, but I have a feeling they are going to disapoint.

My 6th gen accord thread
                                99 Miata

Comment

Working...
                                X