Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Another CB3 carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow a carb? is been a while that i seen one of those, clean ride man
    this is my cb7 92 honda accord ex....enjoy it

Comment

Originally posted by (S)low CB View Post
      Thanks man for the info.
      Not too sure about the h22 yet lots of work with the fuel lines and fuel pump and that sort of stuff, but might one of these days ya never know or maybe
      B18c just to be different?
      B18C doesnt have enough torque to pull the weight of the CB.
      H22 is a better option.
      A fuel injection swap CAN be done with good results though is time consuming and costly.
      Hows things been with you? And whens summer coming

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

I didn't know they made these with carbs. Mind boggling
        Life's a garden. Dig it.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
          B18C doesnt have enough torque to pull the weight of the CB.
          H22 is a better option.
          A fuel injection swap CAN be done with good results though is time consuming and costly.
          Hows things been with you? And whens summer coming

Damn oh well was just a thought just wanted something abit different
          Might just have to save up some money and get a EFI one make it a bit easier to do a transplant
          Things been good, summer is here today, bloody hot here, hows things in jaffa land?

Comment

Damn oh well was just a thought just wanted something abit different
            Might just have to save up some money and get a EFI one make it a bit easier to do a transplant
            Things been good, summer is here today, bloody hot here, hows things in jaffa land?
            are you going to change carb to efi??If yes don't forget to do a write up,i might follow too lol,my cb is really killing my wallet,she's consuming to much fuel,i think there is something wrong with my carburetor or there is something else,are you having the same problem?

Comment

Originally posted by cb3 vtec View Post
              are you going to change carb to efi??If yes don't forget to do a write up,i might follow too lol,my cb is really killing my wallet,she's consuming to much fuel,i think there is something wrong with my carburetor or there is something else,are you having the same problem?
              Hey, nah probally not gunna do the EFI swap just gunna save some funds and buy a injected one, yes i do have the same problem really hard on gas at the mo, mind you it has done 226000kms

Comment

Welcom Dude!

Hey were neighbours (check the spelling out) !

I think the engine block is the same but different bore.

Your carb must be economical since it is smaller displacement (great for this fuel climate) and easy to maintain without any annoying CEL to come on.

Keep it clean as its a nice CB!
                Rides:

Accord
                92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
                88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
                92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
                95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
                92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
                91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
                91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
                91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

Check your timing and fuel air mixture as it may be running rich. Take a wift of the exhaust to tell (for Carbs you are the computer).

Check enough air is entering too (that the air filter is not clogged)
                  Rides:

Accord

CR-X
                  88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol

Prelude

Comment

Originally posted by JDMDriver View Post
                    Welcom Dude!

Hey were neighbours (check the spelling out) !

I think the engine block is the same but different bore.

Your carb must be economical since it is smaller displacement (great for this fuel climate) and easy to maintain without any annoying CEL to come on.

Keep it clean as its a nice CB!

hay hows it man?

yea just across the ditch,
                    yes i believe that the blocks are the same,

Carb not too bad just might need a tune up i think hasnt had one since i bought it,

Thanks man, i dont want to go overboard and ruin it, just nice and low is the way i like it
                    Last edited by (S)low CB; 03-10-2010, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Good looking car man... but whats up with the tow hook? Did someone actually try to tow a boat/jetski with it?
                      My ride

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=154423

Comment

Originally posted by Puertorican CB7 View Post
                        Good looking car man... but whats up with the tow hook? Did someone actually try to tow a boat/jetski with it?

Thanks man,
                        yea i use to tow a trailer with firewood in it, not too much of a problem just bit slow. LOL

Comment

hay hows it man?

yea just across the ditch,
                          yes i believe that the blocks are the same,

Carb not too bad just might need a tune up i think hasnt had one since i bought it,

Thanks man, i dont want to go overboard and ruin it, just nice and low is the way i like it

Not too bad dude.

Nice choice CB's.. Honestly i only acquired the liking recently but prior to that i was into Preludes!

NZ has all essentially all JDM cars so your in a nice place to get all the JDM goodies.

Everywhere else theres red tapes!

Keep the CB clean as the shape is a good balance of smartness and sporty, without being too chunky, heavy and fuel guzzling like the newer cars.
                          Rides:

Accord

CR-X
                          88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol

Prelude

Comment

Check your timing and fuel air mixture as it may be running rich. Take a wift of the exhaust to tell (for Carbs you are the computer).

Check enough air is entering too (that the air filter is not clogged)
                            whats a wift??well recently i've been having problem with the carb but now its okay,but fuel is killing me

Comment

whats a wift??well recently i've been having problem with the carb but now its okay,but fuel is killing me
                              Lol...sorry its a slang.

Wift means a light smell or indirect smell.

Since there is no computer to let you know if your running too rich or too lean you have to do it the traditional method which is by human judgement.

For this you must smell the actual exahust gases and determine if you smell too much fuel or not or just right.

A harsh fuel smell means its too rich. No smell can be borderline normal to being too lean. Some unleaded smell means normal to rich. Thats where fine tuning and experience comes in (provided your rings and valves are ok to not put burning oil smell in the equation you will be able to smell the unleaded fuel).

I know what you mean about fuel being a killer. Once the CB is in tip top shape (incl tyre inflation and driving style) the only area you can save with significant impact is actually on decreasing the use of the vehicle.

That is either by car pooling, living closer to work, changing work to be closer to home, changing times to travel off peak on the road or changing your lifestyle and travel less socially. Its tough i know but no amount of tuning will significantly save you fuel (enough to feel the savings instantly) other than the above.
                              Last edited by JDMDriver; 03-12-2010, 06:35 PM.
                              Rides:

Accord

CR-X
                              88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol

Prelude

Comment

Not too bad dude.

Nice choice CB's.. Honestly i only acquired the liking recently but prior to that i was into Preludes!

NZ has all essentially all JDM cars so your in a nice place to get all the JDM goodies.

Everywhere else theres red tapes!

Keep the CB clean as the shape is a good balance of smartness and sporty, without being too chunky, heavy and fuel guzzling like the newer cars.

Yea this is my first Cb i had Ca's before that, i like them handles better than tha ca steerings heavier which i like.

There heaps of JDM stuff over here, but not miuch for the CB unfortunatly.

Comment

Working...
                                X